Sign in to follow this  
RBakker

Newbie from Shutterfly

Hi,

My name is Rachel, and I work for Shutterfly, which relates indirectly with all things wedding smile159.gif But I really don't want this to be a shameless plug, so will just leave it at that.

I have been married for 8 years, but remember our wedding like it was yesterday. We actually pulled it off in 6-weeks -scary, I know - but it turned out beautifully.

The secret? Don't laugh, but the key to our success was in large part due to our wedding date - April 1, 2000. Since many couples were squeemish about choosing April Fools Day for a wedding ceremony, all the services associated with weddings for that particular day were available - some at a nice discount,too :)

We got our first choice in everything - location, catering, cake, flowers, tables, etc. And, all our guests were free that weekend - imagine that!

So if you're not superstitious, I highly recommend choosing a non-traditional date for a wedding. My husband and I are still happily married, and we still giggle over our renegade day. Okay, so we had to include the following phrase in our invitations - "No Fooling, we're really getting married" - but it was a small price to pay smile159.gif

Hi Rachel! I love your wedding date ... most things that are non-traditional and related to weddings make me happy. Welcome thewave.gif