I'm SOOO stressed out about making a decision regarding where to live in the fall. I'm currently in Thunder Bay finishing off a 1 yr contract with the Cdn gov't (we came to this city so that Nathan could finish his degree. I'm a teacher but had to get a full time job for the year while he went to school - I couldn't get a full time teaching position.)
I got into 2 universities for my Masters and I'm having a hard time deciding what to do.
Option #1 - Stay in Thunder Bay: my boss would extend my contract so that I could keep working, take courses & accept an Assistantship with the university worth just over $8000 for the year that would cover my books/tuition. Nathan could get a decent job (although not in his field) and we could save for the wedding/travelling.
Negatives - we don't really want to be stuck here, we don't have many friends here & we'd both be working but out of our fields. I'd be the least happiest here but the $$ is good.
Option #2 - Move to Ottawa: I was accepted here as well & would study @ U of Ottawa, I could get a transfer to work there, we have friends in the area & we'd be closer to family.
Negatives - living expenses go way up, Nathan has a job lined up but it's 2 hours away so he'd live with parents during week & come visit on weekends & no assistantship
Option #3 - Move to Barrie area, I take courses through distance education and we both supply teach (in our fields). Family & friends are much closer. We'd be happiest here
Negatives - we're not guaranteed full time hours & it may be slow getting work until we are known better by principals in the area which = unsure about $$. Not sure if we could save tons of $$ here.
Any suggestions or comments are much appreciated. Everyone I know doesn't want to get involved b/c it's my decision. Nathan says he'll be happy with whatever I decide but thats no help either. I think it's a questions of Money VS Happiness