Jump to content

Photo

How Do You Apply Foundation?


  • Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#1 Martha

Martha
  • VIP Member
  • 3,906 posts

    Posted 08 July 2008 - 12:09 PM

    Okay, I usually use my fingers, because they are clean when I put my make-up on. I know some people say this is a no-no because of the oils. I have also used a sponge, but some people say this is a no-no because the sponge holds oil and dirt.

    I got my make-up done yesterday at the Laura Mercier counter at Saks and the artist used a brush. It took longer to put it on, but the results were awesome!!!

    Does anyone else use a brush? Sponge? Fingers?

    #2 Maura

    Maura

      VIP Member

    • VIP Member
    • 5,752 posts
    • Wedding Location:Westin Los Cabos

    Posted 08 July 2008 - 12:14 PM

    i use a foundation brush. it makes things easier to blend it naturally and it never looks like i get a ring around my face like when i use my fingers or a sponge.

    #3 sassybride

    sassybride
    • Banned
    • 294 posts

      Posted 08 July 2008 - 12:16 PM

      I use sponge or fingers butyI think I'll try the brush!
      Staying at...RIU PALACE LOS CABOS
      22.10.2008

      (Reception at the Westin Los Cabos)55 Guests attending

      #4 Yari

      Yari
      • VIP Member
      • 10,928 posts

        Posted 08 July 2008 - 12:17 PM

        I use my fingers, but I did buy a $40 brush that I never use. I am too impatient and want quick results. If I am going out to a fancy dinner or something I use the brush since I have more time.

        #5 Mylee84

        Mylee84
        • Jr. Member
        • 287 posts

          Posted 08 July 2008 - 12:21 PM

          you girls need to try bare essentials! It works wonderful, but is only a poweder! no lines around the face!! =)

          #6 Hartyt509

          Hartyt509
          • Sr. Member
          • 2,262 posts

            Posted 08 July 2008 - 12:22 PM

            If its liquid I use the clinique brush its great just like painting you face lol

            But I've developed an allergy to that so I now use bare escentuals when I use makeup! and I use a kabuki brush mostly cause it takes seconds and i'm lazy and crap at it lol

            #7 LisaG

            LisaG
            • VIP Member
            • 7,839 posts

              Posted 08 July 2008 - 12:24 PM

              I use a foundation brush also from Prescriptives. I love it!

              #8 jamisoncollette

              jamisoncollette
              • Sr. Member
              • 1,257 posts

                Posted 08 July 2008 - 12:45 PM

                I use a Body Shop brush. The results are amazing and the wear is longer. When I do a party I show ladies on a mirror the difference between a brush, finger, and sponge. Get a mirror and foundation, place foundation on your wrist, and then make three lines down the mirror using your finger, the sponge, and brush. The brush will be a consistent, even application. Fingers just push the makeup to the side and the sponge starts strong but runs out by the end of the stroke. The differences are clear and I always end up selling numerous brushes. You don't have to spend alot, just make sure to get a foundation brush which is flat and full. The kabukis can be great but the application is not as precise.

                #9 Martha

                Martha
                • VIP Member
                • 3,906 posts

                  Posted 08 July 2008 - 12:48 PM

                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by Mylee84
                  you girls need to try bare essentials! It works wonderful, but is only a poweder! no lines around the face!! =)
                  I tried BE and I hated it...I know I am the oddball. Made my face SUPER oily.

                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by Hartyt509
                  If its liquid I use the clinique brush its great just like painting you face lol

                  But I've developed an allergy to that so I now use bare escentuals when I use makeup! and I use a kabuki brush mostly cause it takes seconds and i'm lazy and crap at it lol
                  kabuki?

                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by LisaG
                  I use a foundation brush also from Prescriptives. I love it!
                  Does it take a long time to apply, Lisa?

                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by jamisoncollette
                  I use a Body Shop brush. The results are amazing and the wear is longer. When I do a party I show ladies on a mirror the difference between a brush, finger, and sponge. Get a mirror and foundation, place foundation on your wrist, and then make three lines down the mirror using your finger, the sponge, and brush. The brush will be a consistent, even application. Fingers just push the makeup to the side and the sponge starts strong but runs out by the end of the stroke. The differences are clear and I always end up selling numerous brushes. You don't have to spend alot, just make sure to get a foundation brush which is flat and full. The kabukis can be great but the application is not as precise.
                  Thanks for this info. I am glad I bought my brush!

                  #10 LisaG

                  LisaG
                  • VIP Member
                  • 7,839 posts

                    Posted 08 July 2008 - 12:55 PM

                    It doesn't take me long at all. I just put like 8 dots around my face of foundation, and use the brush to rub it all in. I can tell a huge difference compared to a sponge. Plus you can run warm water through the brush like once a week in the a.m., to clean it, and it dries quick. If you do that to a sponge, the sponge expands...KWIM.




                    0 user(s) are reading this topic

                    0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users