Is my family for F'in real?!

Kat81

Oh Kat that sucks!! sad.gif

Is it a $$ issue? it sounds like they all really want to be there but may not be able afford it ... can you and/or your FI help out at all?

now the passport thing they have to get on that ASAP!

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Aww chick - unfortunately you can't pick your family!!

I know its tough but I think its more the fact it was just casually dropped in that has probs hurt the most.

Think of it like this - they are missing out on a hell of a party - they won't see you get married - and they will regret it forever and you know what thats their tough shite!!

They've had plenty time to get it sorted - if they couldn't go they should have said from the start not leave it until this late in the game.

You never know they might come round and if they do great - if not THEIR LOSS!!! The people who matter will be there, ie you and FI, so fuck em

xxx

Kat, I'm sorry to hear about this. The same thing happened to me when my SIL and my brother decided that my nephew was going to stay behind. OMG! I was so upset, because everyone knew except me. So I protested and said it was unacceptable and he made it. I know the circumstances might be different for you, but your sister needs to come out and be honest with you. Don't be afraid to confront her. About the passports they are still within time of getting them without paying expedite fees, I wonder if they realized they are going to have to pay a lot more if they wait longer. Family can be so exhausting sometimes, I hope they come to their senses.

Kat, I am sooooooooooooooooooooooooo sorry!!!

Your sis could have at LEAST had the decency to tell you she wasn't coming, especially since she's seen you EVER SINGLE DAY for the last two weeks and had planned to go shopping for dresses with you tomorrow! WTF?!!! How rude!

At this point, just let it roll off your shoulders because getting more upset (eventhough I would understandably be pissed too) is gonna make you feel worse....

As for the fam, just tell them, Look it can take up to 6 weeks to get those suckers (passports) so GET ON IT! This means a LOT to me.. IT's MY WEDDIng!!!!

That should get them going.

Sidenote: Most of the people on my guest list that applied got theirs in just a week or two, so whew, that is good news, but they really should get on it.

At this point though, try to just remain calm and realize that you cannot make anyone do what they don't want to.

Either way you are going to have a BLAST VACATIOn and a WONDERFUL wedding despite who is there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:)

thewave.gif

Sending you HUGE hugs!!!

That totally sucks! I'm sure your sister feels really bad about it and didn't know how to tell you...

Family can truly suck sometimes! My FIL and husband's uncle (who we're very close to) kept saying they were coming to our wedding. Well, they hadn't booked when we left for Jamaica, but they made it - lol. They booked the day after we arrived, and showed up an hour before the wedding started. They made it, but they were lucky that our small, remote resort had food for them.

Wow.. Kat that is stinky!

I am so sorry you are having all of these unnecessary troubles, and your big day is so close.

Your family should just be honest - if they were forthright with information, they would be less likely to upset you like this.

hugs...

/A.

I'm so sorry that your sister can't make it and waited until the last minute to tell you. Maybe she just didn't know how to break the news to you?

I would tell my family to get going already!!!

I pray that everything works out in the end for you!

I'm sorry your sis can't make it but she really should of told you. I guess she was really afraid to hurt your feelings because she cares a lot about you.

Well 2 mos they should be able to get passports no prob, they better get on the ball. they may have to pay to expedite them which is their fault for waiting so long. Family can be such a PITA!