Jump to content

Recommended Posts

AWHHHH...... those pics are breath taking!  You make a beautiful couple and looks like everyone partied all night!!! Thanks for sharing!!  My FI is even more excited!!!
 

Originally Posted by mzgillis316 View Post

Hi ladies I'm soooooooooooo excited our photographer posted some of our wedding pics  on her blog ...she did an AMAZING JOB!!!!

 

http://vidacarson.com/blog/weddings/shalon-and-darwins-riviera-maya-destination-wedding/


 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

 

Originally Posted by jazz04 View Post

 

So I am being told by my WC that the zavaz plaza is for small wedding parties only for receptions (10-15 people). She is now saying my options are the beach or a spot between building 3 and 4 b/c we have about 50 people.

 

That doesn't sound right. I have yoga palapa for my Welcome Party on Sat and I am expecting 75-90 people then I have Zavaz Plaza for my reception for the same amount.

 

 

 

Quote:

Originally Posted by mzgillis316 View Post

 

Hi ladies I'm soooooooooooo excited our photographer posted some of our wedding pics  on her blog ...she did an AMAZING JOB!!!!

 

http://vidacarson.com/blog/weddings/shalon-and-darwins-riviera-maya-destination-wedding/

 

LOVE the pics!!!!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

 

Originally Posted by mzgillis316 View Post

 

Hi ladies I'm soooooooooooo excited our photographer posted some of our wedding pics  on her blog ...she did an AMAZING JOB!!!!

 

http://vidacarson.com/blog/weddings/shalon-and-darwins-riviera-maya-destination-wedding/

Beautiful pictures! Love the colors :)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

stunning pics! You look amazing and  so does your groom! The view is also wonderful. Congrats!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We actually bought our own lights but they provide them as well...just verify this with your WC =)

Originally Posted by 1106wedding View Post

She DID do an amazing job...but having a gorgeous wedding makes it easier! You guys make such a beautiful couple :)

I love the photos!!! The ones of you guys dancing...ah, looks like a blast!

Speaking of dancing, did the lights up the gazebo come with or did you add? It looks great!

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mzgillis316 View Post

Hi ladies I'm soooooooooooo excited our photographer posted some of our wedding pics  on her blog ...she did an AMAZING JOB!!!!

 

http://vidacarson.com/blog/weddings/shalon-and-darwins-riviera-maya-destination-wedding/


 

THANKS LADIES !!!!!!!!!!!!!
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think i remember someone posting a little while back that they had planned to ask about the cost for the xmas lights at plaza zavaz...has anyone heard back about that yet?

 

we were told by our WC that it would cost  $100 to have xmas lights.

 

also we were told that the beach gazebo decor (to standard that i've seen some of you ladies also use - the draped shears and two flower bundles hanging) would be around $420. b/c we wanted a coloured shear. we were told that the cheaper option (the exotic decor option on the lomas site) that is $220 would only be in white shears and it wouldn't be draped, it would be wrapped around the poles like a candy cane.

 

just wanted to see if this info about the lights and the gazebo ceremony decor seems in line or not?

 

Thanks!! :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Some of you might remember a few months ago I mentioned that the onsite team said I could offer my guests 2 menu options and they can select at the actual reception.  Well after many months of trying to get this confirmed through my WC, Iâ€m sad to confirm this is not true.  I was certain this is what the onsite WC told me, but there must have been a misunderstanding.  You can offer your guests multiple options as long as you give the resort total #s for each entrée in advance.  Sorry if I gave anyone out there a glimmer of hope.  I tried!!

 

Family-Style here I come!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Which lights did you bring?  The ones on the actual Zavaz structure?  How many did you need, and do you think it helped with lighting or was it more for ambiance?  I don't think you had the paper lanterns that a lot of people use.  Was the location "dressed up" enough without them?  :o)  Just trying to determine if I really want them or not.  Thanks!
 

Originally Posted by mzgillis316 View Post

We actually bought our own lights but they provide them as well...just verify this with your WC =)


 



My WC just said to let them know, but she never gave me a cost for them.  That stinks about the white sheers only being wrapped around the posts.  I don't want to pay all that extra money for colored sheers, but the draping in my opinion, looks better.  :(



Originally Posted by arkae View Post

I think i remember someone posting a little while back that they had planned to ask about the cost for the xmas lights at plaza zavaz...has anyone heard back about that yet?

 

we were told by our WC that it would cost  $100 to have xmas lights.

 

also we were told that the beach gazebo decor (to standard that i've seen some of you ladies also use - the draped shears and two flower bundles hanging) would be around $420. b/c we wanted a coloured shear. we were told that the cheaper option (the exotic decor option on the lomas site) that is $220 would only be in white shears and it wouldn't be draped, it would be wrapped around the poles like a candy cane.

 

just wanted to see if this info about the lights and the gazebo ceremony decor seems in line or not?

 

Thanks!! :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok, good to know. I would be surprised if they let you choose on-site (I do corporate events for a living and it costs A LOT MORE to do that) but it's annoying none the less that the hotel wedding coordinator told you that. During our site visit, I got information that I can only HOPE is true from the coordinator giving us a tour (Claudia). For example, she said Grey Goose is served at all the bars and is included - does anyone know if that's true?? I don't see it in the event bar package but I've been bragging to my friends that we'll be drinking the good stuff while we're there. Hope I don't sound like a total lush but we all know that it's the little stuff that makes a difference sometimes :)


Back to the food...I wish the family style wasn't so much more expensive than the plated?! It looks so good. I like the BBQ deluxe menu but it's pretty basic...has anyone had that?
 

Originally Posted by JaimeCF2BR View Post

 

Some of you might remember a few months ago I mentioned that the onsite team said I could offer my guests 2 menu options and they can select at the actual reception.  Well after many months of trying to get this confirmed through my WC, Iâ€m sad to confirm this is not true.  I was certain this is what the onsite WC told me, but there must have been a misunderstanding.  You can offer your guests multiple options as long as you give the resort total #s for each entrée in advance.  Sorry if I gave anyone out there a glimmer of hope.  I tried!!

 

Family-Style here I come!!!



Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.



  • Best Destination Wedding Sponsors



    Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter
  • Posts

    • STAY AWAY FROM CARIBBEAN EMOTIONS PHOTOGRAPHY!!!! Michael Weiler is a SCAMMER he took our money and disappeared!! we hired him as our photographer for our wedding back in November, he gave us a run around for the first week or 2 saying our pictures are almost ready and then disappeared. we have been sending him emails, texts and phone calls for the past 4 months and he is now where to be found. I made a fake account to email him and he answered right away as he is only interested in taking peoples money and not give anything in return.
    • For weddings you should definitely use a travel agent as there are promotions and amenities with a group block that you will not get by booking individually like comped rooms, upgrades, spa treatments, etc.
    • Congratulations and welcome to the forum! There are lots of great resort options in Punta Cana and we have stayed at or toured many of them.  Are you looking for a family friendly resort or adults only?  What you interested in with nature and the ceremony? All of the resorts will have different wedding locations and there are also a variety of off resort wedding venues in Punta Cana. Please feel free to email us at info@wrighttravelagency.com if you'd like us to send resort info and check group rates. Thanks! Patty
    • Hello Everyone!  I am currently in the initial stages of planning and I am starting to look at resorts in Dominican Republic. I am thinking of having my wedding in October 2020.  I have been looking at resorts in Punta Cana, but I also want to look at other options/areas as well. The groom and I enjoy nature and we would like to incorporate that into our wedding in some way. We may also have a guest list between 50-80 people. Since we live in the US, I wanted to find a location that is accessible from major airports and is cost efficient for our guest as well as us. Can anyone share what locations they have searched or been to other than Punta Cana? Also I am okay to receive feedback on some Punta Cana locations. 
    • Thank you! I did not make these. I purchased them from a business. They are still for sale if you are interested!
  • Topics

×
×
  • Create New...