The bad.... in Fostering

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#11 Alyssa

• 11,793 posts

Posted 24 May 2008 - 06:45 PM

Originally Posted by Sarah
    I'm so sorry Tammy. I know it's hard, but you really did this poor dog the best favor anyone could do. If he had heartworm that bad, think of how long he had been suffering... It's so sad that heartworm is so preventable, yet so many dogs aren't protected.

I'm always in awe of the size of your heart.

i was thinking exactly what Sarah wrote...that is so unbelievably sad - people are so messed up
    you and Cain are amazing - i admire you so much for what you do!

#12 Davematthews16

• Banned
    • 1,051 posts

Posted 24 May 2008 - 06:57 PM

I think its absolutely WONDERFUL that you foster animals. That story made me cry. How can people be so irresponsible in the beginning and let their pets health get so poor? GRRRRR.....I'm so greatful for kind hearted animal lovers like yourself (I know the animals are too) :)

#13 Martha

• VIP Member
      • 3,906 posts

Posted 24 May 2008 - 07:28 PM

How sad. Poor boy.

#14 jamisoncollette

• 1,257 posts

Posted 24 May 2008 - 07:39 PM

Oh tammy, that is horrible. I'm sorry for youu and Cain.

#15 Saraha

• 2,597 posts

Posted 24 May 2008 - 07:41 PM

Oh Tammy, Im heartbroken and cant imagine what you go through. You have a strong hear to be able to do the things you do... and continue to do them. Im so sorry you had to put him down but at least he is now pain free, it was the right thing to do.

#16 TammyB

• 10,630 posts

Posted 24 May 2008 - 08:20 PM

Thanks girls.. I read in one of our dog books that it take 7 months to actually get to the stage of having worms (it starts with eggs and goes from there) and knowing how bad he was after seeing the x-ray, he had to have had it for at least a year.

Cain is handling it the hardest right now, because he picked him up and from then really bonded with him. I think I'll make him some cookies tonight to cheer him up.

Just sucks that we couldn't have gotten to him sooner, I'm sure he would have made someone very happy, he was very loving..

#17 Sandra E.

Sandra E.
              • 2,183 posts

Posted 25 May 2008 - 08:11 AM

Oh Tammy, that's tough. It's very sad that a doggie at 5 years old had to be put asleep.

#18 KACENGG

• VIP Member
                • 106 posts

Posted 26 May 2008 - 10:53 AM

Aw Tammy, I am so sorry! I know there isn't much to say to make it feel any better but I think cookies helps everything - even if just a little. Give Cain a big hug and think of all the dogs you have been able to find excellent homes!
                  Kim & Erik
                  November 9, 2007
                  RIU Palace
                  Cabo San Lucas, Mexico

#19 JaimeLynne

• VIP Member
                  • 4,791 posts

Posted 26 May 2008 - 12:34 PM

That is horrible. I'm so sorry.

~ Jaime & Martin ~
                    "Rain or Swine! 2-0-0-9"

We had 24 people attend our wedding in Las Caletas, Mexico on May 24th, 2009!

We all stayed at The Marriott in P.V., and Honeymooned at The Royal Plantation in Ochos Rios, Jamaica!

#20 Yari

• VIP Member
                    • 10,928 posts

Posted 26 May 2008 - 12:46 PM

Tammy, you and Cain are incredible people. Sorry about having to put the doggie down, but at least he is not in pain anymore.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users