Photo

Flower Cart-What do you think about these prices?

• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

#11 addisonreed1113

addisonreed1113
  • 93 posts

Posted 25 May 2008 - 11:31 PM

This is a diff opinion but that doesn't seem horribly overpriced to me. Tulips obviously aren't native to Cabo or Mexico and are being flown in. I know bridal bouquets from high end florists in the states can get up to $330.
    There are three things that last: faith, hope and love, and the greatest of these is love.
    - I Corinthians 13:13

#12 ErinB

ErinB

VIP Member

• VIP Member
    • 9,504 posts

Posted 25 May 2008 - 11:36 PM

for those prices, I would look into high quality silks - a real touch or natural touch.

IMO, that is a lot of money to spend on fragile flowers that you can't bring back into the US.

#13 roo66

roo66
      • 1,001 posts

Posted 26 May 2008 - 05:16 AM

oh my god tulips in the uk are so cheap like for the centre piece tulips that you have in the vase would cost about 2 pounds.What a huge differnce for a trip across the ocean.They are pretty could you not do a diy project get some in and hand tie them yourselves it looks so simple to do wire, glue gun ribbon and pins im sure you could do something out of this world.Tulips last a long time but open up quickly and are not very ridged so if you cut them fairly short and packed them tight they would hold up.invite your guests over for a practice and the prize for the best bouquet could be to make them up for you on the big day.what a fantastic gift to make your wedding flowers.

#14 sassybride

sassybride
        • Banned
        • 294 posts

Posted 26 May 2008 - 08:42 AM

my coordinator (Maye) did not recommend tulips in Cabo because of the heat.
          Staying at...RIU PALACE LOS CABOS

(Reception at the Westin Los Cabos)55 Guests attending

#15 mrsmark08

mrsmark08
          • 136 posts

Posted 27 May 2008 - 12:55 AM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by addisonreed1113
            This is a diff opinion but that doesn't seem horribly overpriced to me. Tulips obviously aren't native to Cabo or Mexico and are being flown in. I know bridal bouquets from high end florists in the states can get up to $330.
            I kind of agree. I compare the prices to what we would have paid getting married in the states and I know I'm not paying more than that, so I can't really complain.

We are using the flower cart and our prices are pretty comparable to what you were quoted. We are using mostly cymbidium orchids which are a little more then some of the other types of flowers but I just loved the way they looked. You may want to ask what types of flowers are the most economical and base your arrangements off of that.

#16 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
            • 11,659 posts
            • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 27 May 2008 - 01:39 AM

http://bestdestinati....com/forum/t741

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.

Awards and recognition: 
            Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
            Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
            Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
            sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
            Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#17 salomeh

salomeh
            • 104 posts

Posted 27 May 2008 - 11:49 AM

Thanks Tammy!

#18 November

November
              • 25 posts

Posted 02 June 2008 - 03:55 PM

I also got a quote from them, I am comparing them to Cabo Flowers, Elena, Cabo Flowers and to be honest so far The Flower Cart is the cheapest. I am just curious about the quality of their flowers and their design ability. Did they send you any pictures?

#19 Ana

Ana

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                • 8,047 posts
                • Wedding Date:April 1, 2009
                • Wedding Location:Dreams Cabo
                • LocationToronto

Posted 02 June 2008 - 04:14 PM

I got a bunch of quotes from different florists in Cabo and they were all super expensive. I find alot have raised their prices drastically in the last year or so as their demand has gone up. I am actually going with Florenta Flower Design, Click the image to open in full size.

Click the image to open in full size.

$35 - bm bouquets with 10 cream roses in each

$5 - boutonniers with one rose (lavender and cream)

$130 - centerpiece for this display which is pretty elaborate:

Click the image to open in full size.

Lola's prices were anywhere from $30 - $100 cheaper than other florist I priced out for the exact same thing. I had quotes from Cabo Flowers, Flower Cart, Palmela Floreria and some others as well. She's quite easy to talk to as well, and responds to emails quickly. Hope this helps!

#20 November

November
                • 25 posts

Posted 03 June 2008 - 01:15 AM

I had a interesting thing happen today. I got quotes from the flower cart and rayen today, and asked for pictures of their work, and they both sent me the EXACT centerpiece ( i knew it was from the same night as i compared linens, the colors and the place cards with names) I am a bit confused as how this could be, so I am waiting for their response. I will fill you in.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users