Photo

Are you wearing a Garter

• Please log in to reply
155 replies to this topic

#61 LChavez

LChavez
  • 159 posts

Posted 07 July 2010 - 11:25 AM

I might wear it for fun but I'm not doing the bit where the groom removes it in front of everyone.

#62 Jen1407

Jen1407
    • 393 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 01:39 PM

I am not doing the garter or bouquet toss but will probably wear a garter for tradition sake.

#63 atrott

atrott
      • 208 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 01:41 PM

No garter or bouquet toss here either. The few single girls going 'begged' me not to make them stand in front of everybody - lol! I don't think anyone will miss it.

#64 *tinkertoy*

*tinkertoy*
        • 271 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 01:43 PM

We aren't doing a toss so I don't think so.

#65 NaM

NaM
          • 2,256 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 01:52 PM

We did all of it! I wore my garter all day and it didn't slip at all.

My Wake Forest garter:
            Click the image to open in full size.

Tossing the flowers (for those who don't want to ruin their bouqet, you can take a BM's since they are usually smaller or ask your WC to have a special "tossing" one made that is a mini version of your own bouqet or just a few flowers tied together):

And the garter toss:

#66 Iamalldiva

Iamalldiva
            • 163 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 02:05 PM

Thanks for the thread! I was thinking about if I were going to do the garter/bouquet toss and you ladies have offered pros & cons of both sides...

@ Nikkianddean – I like the idea of presenting your bouquet to your mom.

@ Yari - I like the idea of tossing the bouquet to all the ladies.

@ ErinB – I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the idea of tossing the bouquet with loose flowers. This allows all women participating to get a flower and I can only imagine the BEAUTIFUL photo opp…

Decisions, Decisions, Decisions...

#67 Shoesiesluvr

Shoesiesluvr
              • 2,727 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 02:08 PM

im totally wearing a garter...its something that ive never thought of NOT wearing for my wedding...ive actually bought about 5 already lol there are soo many cute ones! i cant decide...ill prob wear one for my BD shoot...wear my fave one for the one for FI to remove & keep and another one for him to toss...we'll see..
                He's the Ying to my Yang...the Peanut Butter to my Jelly....the Oreo to my Milk...the Cheese on my Pizza...the i to my Phone...the Cream in my Coffee...the Jiggle to my Jell-O...the Star in my Sky...He's my BFF & I married him on 09.25.2010
                My Planning Thread

#68 vlynnw

vlynnw
                • 6,003 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 02:11 PM

I'm definitely wearing a garter, I'm getting this Dolphins one off of etsy.
                  MIAMI DOLPHINS Inspired Wedding Garter Set by GartersByKristi

I've ended up only having 2 BM's instead of 3 and I had already ordered all the bouquets so I'm just going to use the left-over one has my toss bouquet, I like the idea of having all the ladies be involved though because majority of the women at my wedding will all be married.
                  Veronica & Adam - May 6, 2011 - Dreams Tulum

#69 bsf&jpg

bsf&jpg
                  • 222 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 02:45 PM

i bought a cute satin one from Michaels with a blue swaorvsky (sp??) heart shaped crystal. It was cheap, like $4 usd.
                    and my friend got me one from the dollar store that I am going to decorate in the Houston Texan football team theme.
                    he can toss that one. lol.

#70 dolfinluck

dolfinluck
                    • 2,424 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 04:17 PM

I had one and brought it down and in all the commotion of the day when it came time to put in on I had no clue where it was and really didnt care to worry about it. Found it in the suitcase when I got home. It was one of those things lower on the priority list for me.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users