Jump to content

Photo

Dreams Cancun - Questions for those married here!


  • Please log in to reply
6684 replies to this topic

#1981 zorlack76

zorlack76
  • Jr. Member
  • 259 posts

    Posted 29 October 2008 - 02:13 PM

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by mummergirl
    just an idea, whenever i send them any kind of email, i always sign it with both of our full names, and "dreams cancun wedding, may 28, 2009." i think it helps them to sort out all the emails and know exactly with whom they are dealing.
    Good point...I think I will start doing that. I have always ended it "-Chris and Christine" But putting our full names and wedding date should be a lot better. Maybe I should attach a copy of the contract to each email too :) hahahaha. Just kidding

    #1982 bbpacco

    bbpacco
    • Newbie
    • 146 posts

      Posted 29 October 2008 - 02:23 PM

      Quote:
      Originally Posted by lucy106
      For anyone who got married at Dreams but had their legal ceremony before they left...could you tell that what they call their symbolic ceremony is different? I mean I wrote out our ceremony before we ended up having to get married here before hand so now our ceremony there is just symbolic. Thing is, most of our guests dont know we are already legally married. I still want to do the ceremony we wrote. I want the ceremony in Mexico to have every element of being the legal one minus the blood tests and all. Can anyone lend some insight? Thanks so much!
      As far as I know, everything at symbolic is the same as the legal one except that u don't have the 'legal' format marriage certificate from Mexico.

      #1983 cancunbride

      cancunbride
      • Member
      • 531 posts

        Posted 29 October 2008 - 03:38 PM

        Does anyone know approximately how big the round tables are? Im trying to see if my table runners would fit the tables.. I think they are going to be too small!!

        #1984 stacey

        stacey

          VIP Member

        • VIP Member
        • 4,853 posts

          Posted 29 October 2008 - 04:02 PM

          I have no idea, sorry. I do know that they have diffrent sizes though, I think you can do, 6 or 8 people tables.
          Stacey & Ely 10.14.2008

          #1985 kristi

          kristi
          • Newbie
          • 62 posts

            Posted 30 October 2008 - 06:31 AM

            Does anyone know how many can be seated at the long tables? Also has anyone used the sound system?? Is there someone running it? Can you tell me anything about it? Thanks! I'll be leaving soon....I'll try to answer whatever questions I can when I return...

            #1986 bbpacco

            bbpacco
            • Newbie
            • 146 posts

              Posted 30 October 2008 - 10:54 AM

              Quote:
              Originally Posted by kristi
              Does anyone know how many can be seated at the long tables? Also has anyone used the sound system?? Is there someone running it? Can you tell me anything about it? Thanks! I'll be leaving soon....I'll try to answer whatever questions I can when I return...
              I read it here about the sound system that someone from the resort will run it.

              #1987 stacey

              stacey

                VIP Member

              • VIP Member
              • 4,853 posts

                Posted 30 October 2008 - 11:19 AM

                Quote:
                Originally Posted by kristi
                Does anyone know how many can be seated at the long tables? Also has anyone used the sound system?? Is there someone running it? Can you tell me anything about it? Thanks! I'll be leaving soon....I'll try to answer whatever questions I can when I return...
                I dont know about the long tables, i did not use them. Are you planning on using the sound system with an Ipod? If so they will provide an MC for you.
                Stacey & Ely 10.14.2008

                #1988 *JillD*

                *JillD*
                • Sr. Member
                • 5,112 posts

                  Posted 30 October 2008 - 01:55 PM

                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by lucy106
                  For anyone who got married at Dreams but had their legal ceremony before they left...could you tell that what they call their symbolic ceremony is different? I mean I wrote out our ceremony before we ended up having to get married here before hand so now our ceremony there is just symbolic. Thing is, most of our guests dont know we are already legally married. I still want to do the ceremony we wrote. I want the ceremony in Mexico to have every element of being the legal one minus the blood tests and all. Can anyone lend some insight? Thanks so much!
                  We wrote our own ceremony, whether you write it or they use their standard ceremony, it will still seem "real" to your guests, there really isn't a difference. They even still have you sign a certificate and have 4 witnesses sign as well. No one would have known the difference at ours if we didn't tell them.

                  #1989 lucy106

                  lucy106
                  • Sr. Member
                  • 2,880 posts

                    Posted 30 October 2008 - 02:40 PM

                    Awesome! Thank you so much Jill! That really put me at ease about that part!!

                    #1990 Samantha S

                    Samantha S
                    • Jr. Member
                    • 369 posts

                      Posted 31 October 2008 - 02:37 AM

                      Quote:
                      Originally Posted by STACEY
                      I dont know about the long tables, i did not use them. Are you planning on using the sound system with an Ipod? If so they will provide an MC for you.
                      Stacey! Your sig pic is A-MAZ-ING!!! Congratulations!! Have you done a review yet? I don't want to miss it, please put a link in your siggy when you do. :-)




                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users