Sign in to follow this  

Dreams Cancun - Questions for those married here!

If you've been married at Dreams Cancun, or can provide help, I (and I'm sure many others) have some questions that I hoping you can answer!!

I'd like to hear some feedback on the Photography and Video services offered by the resort? Is it a resort photographer or do they contract an outside company? What's included...hours of service, digital/film, all pics on CD, etc.?

We signed up for a package that included photography/video but now I'm thinking about hiring an outside company to be safe.

How was the hair/makeup service?

How long did all the legal business take...blood tests, etc.?

About how long is the Civil Ceremony?

How was the Judge? Professional, easy to understand in English, etc?

Did anyone sign up for the stereo/speaker system for the ceremony (not the reception)? It seemed really expensive ($200) and I was wondering if it's worth it.

How is the Terrace for the reception? Good location?

Is there an option to have a bond fire on the beach with tiki torches, etc?

How are the Club Jacuzzi Jr. Suites? Good views of the ocean?

Any other tips or suggestions you can think of?

Thanks!!! :) popcorn.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by 070707 View Post
If you've been married at Dreams Cancun, or can provide help, I (and I'm sure many others) have some questions that I hoping you can answer!!

I'd like to hear some feedback on the Photography and Video services offered by the resort? Is it a resort photographer or do they contract an outside company? What's included...hours of service, digital/film, all pics on CD, etc.?
We signed up for a package that included photography/video but now I'm thinking about hiring an outside company to be safe.

How was the hair/makeup service?

How long did all the legal business take...blood tests, etc.?

About how long is the Civil Ceremony?

How was the Judge? Professional, easy to understand in English, etc?

Did anyone sign up for the stereo/speaker system for the ceremony (not the reception)? It seemed really expensive ($200) and I was wondering if it's worth it.

How is the Terrace for the reception? Good location?

Is there an option to have a bond fire on the beach with tiki torches, etc?

How are the Club Jacuzzi Jr. Suites? Good views of the ocean?

Any other tips or suggestions you can think of?

Thanks!!! :) popcorn.gif
I'm getting married here 2 in October....these are some of the same questions that I have!
The only thing that I can offer at this point is that Dreams is pretty open for suggestions and seems to want to work with you.....
I'll let you know if I can answer any of these questions at a later date!
Good luck Planning, and let me know if I can help!!!

Hi! I am getting married there in November. I don't have the answers to all your questions. I do know that they do not allow bonfires at the beach. It is great that there are more of us Dreams Brides on this website now. We can exchange info!

Jessica

Hi! I just spoke with Claudia on the phone. For reception the speaker, DJ, microphone, whole set up is $280.00/hr. I clarified with her if this will include speakers and she said yes. For ceremony, if you want speaker and microphone it is $180.00 for the whole ceremony. She said she will send me pictures of the hair and make-up and I will post them.

Jessica

No, they will not allow bonfires on the beach. I think very few resorts will allow bonfires. Fire restrictions they said. Somewhere in Cancun there was a fire last year (I was told) due to bonfires. And I think it would also require special permits.

I believe they use Cancun Studios HOME

Here's the video options I rec'd from Claudia at Dreams:

WEDDING VIDEO I

Includes:

-Ceremony

-Video studio by the beach.

-Shoots of bride and groom wedding party and family getting ready.

-Reception,

-Includes digital and special effects, edition, music, titles.

-Time aprox of cameraman service 2 hours Your DVD will be aprox 30-40

min long.

-1 professional digital cameras SONY DVR-2100.

-Full digital edition

-Master in DVD with interactive menus.

-Ideal for 2-30 or more guests

$600.00 Usd+ 10% tax

WEDDING VIDEO II

Includes:

-Ceremony

-Videostudio by the beach.

-Reception,

-Time aprox of cameraman service 4 hours Your DVD will be aprox 60-80

min long.

-Full digital edition

-Ideal for 30-70 or more guests

$900.00 Usd + 10% tax

WEDDING VIDEO III

Includes:

-Ceremony

-Reception,

-Time aprox of cameraman service 8 hours

- DVD will be aprox 90-120 min long.

-Full digital edition

-Ideal for 70 or more guests

$1,250.00 Usd + 10% tax

WEDDING VIDEO IV

Includes:

-Ceremony

-Reception,

Includes digital and special effects, edition, music, titles.

-Time aprox of cameraman service 10 hours

- DVD will be aprox 90-120 min long.

-2 professional digital cameras SONY DVR-2100.

-Full digital edition

-Ideal for 70 or more guests

$1550.00 Usd + 10% tax

Price for extra hour:

$100.00 USD +10% tax

SPECIAL HIGHLIGHTS VIDEO

This video service is a musical videoclip that have the most important

parts of this special day. It is edited fully digitally with music and

special effects aprox 8-10 min long. (two songs).

cost. $350.00 us + 10% tax

Photography

Package 1

40 photos 4â€x 6â€

12 photos 5â€x7â€

03 photos 8â€x10â€

$ 560 usd + 10% tax

* No includes the Reception

Package 2

75 photos 4â€x 6â€

18 photos 5â€x7â€

03 photos 8â€x10â€

$ 980 usd + 10% tax

Package 3

100-120 photos 4â€x6â€

25 photos 5â€x7â€

05 photos 8â€x10â€

$ 1,610 usd + 10% tax

Sorry for the long post, don't know how to attach my words doc to it. Hang

Hang, did claudia tell you that they use cancun studios for the photography?

I had asked if the photographer had a website, but she never said, and she didn't give me a name.

I did contact cancun studios for prices a few weeks ago, but they didn't mention that they are the photographer there.

I was just curious, sometimes it so hard to get an answer on things!

Thanks for posting that info!

Glad to see that there are more Dreams Cancun Brides

I hope there will be married ones on here soon so we can hear first hand experiences.

Let's be sure to exchange info....I haven't received info or pics on cakes or hairstyles....

however, I do have bouquets 1 & 2, centerpieces, site visit shots of gazebo and terrace, photo & video packages, ceremony vows (religious/spiritual ceremony), sample photos from photographer, & menus...

If you are missing any of those, let me know...I don't know how to post them here...maybe ill figure that out soon :)