Transporting glass items??

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 michelle08

michelle08
  • VIP Member
  • 2,702 posts

Posted 17 May 2008 - 01:45 AM

For those of you who have transported votives, sand containers, etc...did you pack them in your carryon to be able to watch them to make sure they don't break or did you pack them in your check in? They are so rough when they throw the luggage around....

#2 beachbride08

beachbride08
    • VIP Member
    • 2,372 posts

Posted 17 May 2008 - 08:18 AM

I am bringing down some tealight holders. They are all made of pretty heavy glass, and the larger ones are in boxes. I will probably wrap the others in bubblewrap and pack them in my carryon.
      Michelle

#3 1elephant

1elephant
      • VIP Member
      • 15,998 posts

Posted 17 May 2008 - 09:25 AM

i brought 100+ tiny tealight holders. they were in cylindrical packages of 12. i wrapped clothing around them and put them in the suitcase. they were fine. i guess it depends on the size and shape.

#4 Sandra E.

Sandra E.
        • 2,183 posts

Posted 17 May 2008 - 10:08 AM

I wrap them in bubble wrap and carried them on.

#5 SunBride

SunBride
          • 1,499 posts

Posted 04 June 2008 - 04:06 PM

I brought 3 vases, two small cylinder ones and one larger / medium size one. They were wrapped in bubble wrap and put in a box and I put them in my checked luggage. I had no problems!

#6 Davematthews16

Davematthews16
            • Banned
            • 1,051 posts

Posted 04 June 2008 - 04:30 PM

I'm not worried about the glass breaking (I can wrap stuff like a pro) HOWEVER, I am the queen of the airlines losing my bags. It seems like despite the airline, or where and when I travel my bag is missing. LOL I obviously am going to have to cross my fingers and hope that doesn't happen since we have a DIRECT flight) I'm sure you are ok checking glass items, just wrap the heck outta them!!!

#7 jajajaja

jajajaja
              • VIP Member
              • 9,794 posts

Posted 04 June 2008 - 05:13 PM

I packed three mosaic hurricane vases. I was worried they would break since they were basically all I had for centerpieces. I bubble wrapped them AND rolled them in my heavier clothing that I had packed. I packed the suitcase TIGHT with the vases in the center of the suitcase. Nothing moved and they arrived in perfect condition.
                Happily married since 2008

#8 Birdie07

Birdie07
                • 1,218 posts

Posted 04 June 2008 - 06:04 PM

I did similar to pp's. I packed my 3 vases in clothing and put them tight in the middle of checked luggage. It didn't even move. But on the way home I put the full one in my carry on.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users