photographer for Riu, Cabo.

aimee

Quote:
Originally Posted by riubride View Post
Hi ladies. I was just wondering what photographer you are using? Does the hotel provide a photographer or do we get to choose our own?
usually the WC will give you a list of photogs they use and their rates.

stephanie (raenjay) and kristina (sprklz) are both getting married there but i think they are hiring their own photogs

Hi Riu Bride

I have hired my own (Juan Carlos), however the hotel does provide you with one. There are only 8-12 photos included depending on which package you get. On the extra's list you can pay an editional 450 per hour for unlimited photos and all the negatives. I have heard the photographer at Riu is good, if you dont want to hire an outside person!

Hope this helps

Sarah

Hi Riubride! You can go either way with that-- I have heard good things about the RIU photographer, but you can hire outside too. In my personal opinion, the pictures are of utmost importance so my best advice is just to do your research on both the RIU photographer suggestions and some outside ones and see whose work you like the best. Good luck and let us know what else we can help with!!

Has anyone seen a portfolio of the RIU Palace (Cabo) photographer? I think I am just going to hire Juan but I haven't clairified the stipulations of bringing an outside photographer on location. Is it just a day pass you pay for or do you have to pay for them to stay the night?

I'm not using the RIU photographer. The WC was supposed to send me some samples of his/her work, but never has. I hired an outside photographer, and my understanding, you only have to pay for the day pass $80.00.

If I ever get the list of who the RIU uses, or some photo's I'll let everybody know.

Thanks for the advice on booking Juan early, but he has had my date 'reserved' since october 2006 and now I am just putting down my deposit on him this week. We are all so lucky we got him. I was nervous to book him at first but with everyone's great reviews, I am so excited now!

Anyway here is the link Adriana sent me of the RIU's Cabo photographers portfolio: :: mango productions - photos & videos los cabos Cabo San Lucas Baja California Sur - home ::

Thanks to everyone for the information on just paying the day pass for the outside photographer.....now I can actually book him!!!