• Please log in to reply
304 replies to this topic

#61 MsShelley

MsShelley

VIP Member

• VIP Member
  • 10,366 posts

Posted 16 July 2007 - 12:02 PM

right now~ I think no veil, but I might change my mind...

#62 Amy&Andy

Amy&Andy
    • VIP Member
    • 3,405 posts

Posted 16 July 2007 - 12:44 PM

The way I look at it...when else in your life will you ever be able to wear a veil? I don't want to look back and wish I would have done it. I think it really makes me feel like a bride....not just a girl in a pretty white dress. I will probably only have it on for the ceremony and some of the pics. If you are even half-way thinking of wearing one, you should! You can always take it off if it bothers you. Plus....with that beautiful long hair of yours.....GORGEOUS!

#63 1elephant

1elephant
      • VIP Member
      • 15,998 posts

Posted 16 July 2007 - 12:48 PM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by amy&andy08
        The way I look at it...when else in your life will you ever be able to wear a veil? I don't want to look back and wish I would have done it. I think it really makes me feel like a bride....not just a girl in a pretty white dress. I will probably only have it on for the ceremony and some of the pics. If you are even half-way thinking of wearing one, you should! You can always take it off if it bothers you. Plus....with that beautiful long hair of yours.....GORGEOUS!
        wait, you mean i don't get to wear it every day after the wedding!?!?! i was banking on that, lol.

i'm going to wear one that comes down to my wrists and a tiara...if the veil sucks, i'll pull it out...

my mom asked a good question - does anyone wear it over their face? i wasn't planning on it....

#64 jpkw

jpkw
        • VIP Member
        • 1,650 posts

Posted 16 July 2007 - 01:24 PM

I loved wearing my veil - I ended up taking it off after dinner for the dancing & party but it really made me feel like a bride when I had it on.
          Jen

#65 rodent

rodent

VIP Member

• VIP Member
          • 18,759 posts

Posted 04 August 2007 - 09:36 PM

I'm trying to decide this too. I bought a cheap one at the craft store today just to take home & try on with my dress. I'm still unsure, but my mom liked it. I definitly want a flower, so if I have a veil I'll have both. I might just wear the veil for the ceremony & take it off afterwards.

#66 ~Melissa~

~Melissa~

VIP Member

• VIP Member
            • 8,680 posts
            • Wedding Date:October 7, 2010
            • Wedding Location:Nuevo Vallarta, Mexico
            • LocationUtah

Posted 05 August 2007 - 12:27 AM

IMO I think you need to actually try on the veil with your dress which may be hard if your dress is being ordered in. i know my veil kind of takes away from the lacing in the back. I think I'll be a last minute decider.

great tip Paula, would have never thought that if you didn't post it. THX!

#67 foxytv

foxytv
            • VIP Member
            • 7,740 posts

Posted 05 August 2007 - 08:28 PM

I planned on a veil, but no flower, but I've found a flower I love, so I think I will do both as well.

I'm very interested in knowing how the fishing weights work for any of you ladies to keep the veil from blowing!!

#68 dlou

dlou
              • 100 posts

Posted 06 August 2007 - 10:15 AM

I love this veil!! It's so pretty...I want to have a tropical flower in my hair, and possibly a veil, but I'm still not sure about it...

#69 RaydensMama

RaydensMama
                • VIP Member
                • 2,861 posts

Posted 06 August 2007 - 10:33 AM

I wasnt going to have a veil just a flower until I saw this picture and realized that I wanted my hair like this! So now I am saying yes to a veil!!

Click the image to open in full size.

#70 BrittneyD

BrittneyD
                  • 679 posts

Posted 30 December 2007 - 05:02 PM

I ordered the lace that matches my dress to make a veil. It is really heavy though, and it is a little to catherdral looking for a beach wedding. (I was originally going to have a traditional wedding. Now I need to decide whether or not to have a netted veil w/ flowers inderneath, or just no veil at all. I need some help deciding. My hairclip will be a red gerbera daidy with a lime green rose bud on each side. Here is the picture of my dress.

Click the image to open in full size.
                    Brittney & Peter
                    July 12, 2008
                    Riu Ocho Rios

http://tickers.Ticke....2452/event.png

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users