Photo

ROYAL PLAYA DEL CARMEN BRIDES: were kids allowed for the day? ...and other questions

• Please log in to reply
9993 replies to this topic

#4441 kerrimark2010

kerrimark2010
  • 34 posts

Posted 02 May 2010 - 11:05 AM

Another question: Is everyone working with a travel agent? We were just planning to have our guests book through expedia or their own TAs, whichever is more convenient for them...

Thanks!

#4442 msglave

msglave
    • 933 posts

Posted 02 May 2010 - 11:10 AM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by kerrimark2010
      Another question: Is everyone working with a travel agent? We were just planning to have our guests book through expedia or their own TAs, whichever is more convenient for them...

Thanks!
      We are giving our guests a choice. We have an agent they can use, they can use their own or they can book online. So far, we've had people book online and through our agent. I really don't have a preference as long as they get there, LOL! Some of the ladies have said if the resort overbooks, the guests who book online will be the first ones who will dropped.
      The Royal Playa del Carmen 12.11.10 / 46 people + bride & groom attended!!!!!
      Our keycard holders w/ template & pics
      www.jadicaandraveyn.com

#4443 Lisa DSO

Lisa DSO
      • 712 posts

Posted 02 May 2010 - 12:01 PM

Quote:

Thanks!
        I have Jill as my TA and she is wonderful and prompt. One of my guests even said how nice she is.

#4444 Lisa DSO

Lisa DSO
        • 712 posts

Posted 02 May 2010 - 04:14 PM

I'm in shoe love! check out the something blue on the bottom and the rhinestone "I DO" ...ahhhhh I'm smitten

Pour La Victoire Bridal and Evening Isis at Zappos.com

#4445 jesmcan

jesmcan
          • 1,091 posts

Posted 02 May 2010 - 04:31 PM

Hi Kerri welcome!

I am using Samuel Luna for photography 

The best reason to use a TA is because they have a no bump policy. With sites like Expedia and so on this is a high risk. There are lots of brides who talk about this on the forum. Whats awesome about working with Jill is she will match any online rates as long as the guests pay in full.

I highly recommend working with a TA so that you and your guests have peace of mind :).

The Royal PDC & Kool Beach Club 11.12.10

#4446 beachbum1285

beachbum1285
            • 110 posts

Posted 02 May 2010 - 05:38 PM

Quote:

Thanks!
              I don't have a TA and no one in my group used one either... they all booked through a third party source. My FI and I take trips 2 sometimes 3 times a year and have never used a TA for anything and have never been bumped from any place we've stayed at and we always book through places like Expedia or American Airlines Vacations. Plus, my onsite WC took everyone's room reservation numbers and insured that no one would be bumped so I'm not sweating it.

Quote:
              Originally Posted by Lisa DSO
              I'm in shoe love! check out the something blue on the bottom and the rhinestone "I DO" ...ahhhhh I'm smitten

I LOVE those shoes! Are you getting them?
              ~Stacy

#4447 Lisa DSO

Lisa DSO
              • 712 posts

Posted 02 May 2010 - 05:53 PM

Heck yes I'm getting them! :-)....then i'm wearing some flatform beach thong wedges for the rest of them time. I'm 5'3 and FI is 6'6 so I need some height

#4448 giraffexx

giraffexx
                • 498 posts

Posted 02 May 2010 - 06:06 PM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by Lisa DSO

gorgeous shoes!

#4449 Jenny310

Jenny310
                  • 245 posts

Posted 02 May 2010 - 09:31 PM

love the shoes!!

#4450 kerrimark2010

kerrimark2010
                    • 34 posts

Posted 02 May 2010 - 10:00 PM

Those shoes are so adorable!