Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
steph_n_taz

ROYAL PLAYA DEL CARMEN BRIDES: were kids allowed for the day? ...and other questions

Recommended Posts

 

 

Originally Posted by maggiedinh View Post

 

A couple of questions for you ladies (I'm still trying to catch up on the forums...on page 646 so far) - sorry if this has been answered.

 

1. Are we able to transfer our hair/make-up and face saver treatment that comes in the Luxury package to other people (ex: MIL or father)?

2. Can we move the wedding photographer that comes in the package to the rehearsal dinner?

3. Has anyone opted to do the buffet (for 50+ people)? How was this? Which one did you choose?

4. Has anyone walked over to the MAC store to get your make-up done? 

5. Are the under-table lights for the beach receptions only? Or can we get them if our reception is in the central garden?

 

Thanks for your help ladies!

 

Sorry, I don't really know the answers to the questions... but something to keep in mind, sometimes you are better off piecing together what you want based on a smaller/cheaper package. That's what I did. I made a spreadsheet to calculate the costs based on each package, and for me and what I wanted/needed, the Classic Package was the cheapest.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have been working with an onsite coordinator the entire time and know they have been really strict about changing or transferring things in the packages.  We were going to do the luxury wedding but when we took out all the things we really didn't need or want it ended up being the eternal romance package.  So I will second that you should check to see if a smaller package would work.

 

I am having the international buffet (2) at my wedding in three weeks....I will let you know how it goes.  We have a lot of football players and picky eaters coming so this seemed like the best option.
 

Originally Posted by maggiedinh View Post

A couple of questions for you ladies (I'm still trying to catch up on the forums...on page 646 so far) - sorry if this has been answered.

 

1. Are we able to transfer our hair/make-up and face saver treatment that comes in the Luxury package to other people (ex: MIL or father)?

2. Can we move the wedding photographer that comes in the package to the rehearsal dinner?

3. Has anyone opted to do the buffet (for 50+ people)? How was this? Which one did you choose?

4. Has anyone walked over to the MAC store to get your make-up done? 

5. Are the under-table lights for the beach receptions only? Or can we get them if our reception is in the central garden?

 

Thanks for your help ladies!



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Ladies, 

I am just starting the wedding planning process- we decided on the Royal but have yet to pick a date. We were looking at all of the different packages and I was just wondering what worked for everyone else. We probably will have about 40 people and want a private reception. We want it to be pretty simple- having a friend marry us, bring an ipod for the music (but will need equipment and a dance floor), bringing the bouquets, having a friend doing hair and make-up, etc. I am just wondering if it would be best to go with the Complimentary Wedding and piece together everything we want opposed to paying $4000 for the Luxury wedding. I don't want to be spending any unnecessary money that could be better used on excursions for my guests :o)

 

Thoughts?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

 

Originally Posted by marooon13 View Post

 

Hi Ladies, 

I am just starting the wedding planning process- we decided on the Royal but have yet to pick a date. We were looking at all of the different packages and I was just wondering what worked for everyone else. We probably will have about 40 people and want a private reception. We want it to be pretty simple- having a friend marry us, bring an ipod for the music (but will need equipment and a dance floor), bringing the bouquets, having a friend doing hair and make-up, etc. I am just wondering if it would be best to go with the Complimentary Wedding and piece together everything we want opposed to paying $4000 for the Luxury wedding. I don't want to be spending any unnecessary money that could be better used on excursions for my guests :o)

 

Thoughts?

 

 

We have 49 people for our reception and the Classic Package was what worked out best for us, financially. It gave us everything we needed, and we just upgraded to a cocktail hour and private reception. Even with the upgrading, it was still cheaper than the Luxury Package for us.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think even if you run the numbers, you'll find that the Free wedding package costs you a lot more, mainly due to the reception fees per guest (unless you were planning on staying in the Master room anyways).

 

we have a much smaller group, so I didn't consider the Luxury wedding, but don't be afraid to whip out the Excel and crunch the numbers per package to see what fits best.



 

Originally Posted by marooon13 View Post

Hi Ladies, 

I am just starting the wedding planning process- we decided on the Royal but have yet to pick a date. We were looking at all of the different packages and I was just wondering what worked for everyone else. We probably will have about 40 people and want a private reception. We want it to be pretty simple- having a friend marry us, bring an ipod for the music (but will need equipment and a dance floor), bringing the bouquets, having a friend doing hair and make-up, etc. I am just wondering if it would be best to go with the Complimentary Wedding and piece together everything we want opposed to paying $4000 for the Luxury wedding. I don't want to be spending any unnecessary money that could be better used on excursions for my guests :o)

 

Thoughts?

 



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

 

Originally Posted by kellygrrrl View Post

 

I think even if you run the numbers, you'll find that the Free wedding package costs you a lot more, mainly due to the reception fees per guest (unless you were planning on staying in the Master room anyways).

 

we have a much smaller group, so I didn't consider the Luxury wedding, but don't be afraid to whip out the Excel and crunch the numbers per package to see what fits best.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

So, this is the spreadsheet I used to figure out which package would work best for me. I think I posted it before a long time ago, but I've made some updates. I also added pricing for all of the wedding extras, based upon on what my WC sent me.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

It's somewhat self-explanatory but...

 

Insert your # of Real Guests & Non-Real Guests in C4 & C5.

 

If there are extras you want that aren't normally accounted for in a wedding package (the DJ, weekend wedding charge, musical entertainment, etc) - put the cooresponding item name and pricing somewhere between A14 & A18 (insert a new row if you have to) so that it gets added into the "Plus Extras" amount for each package.

 

As you can see, I made a section for each of the wedding packages we were considering. Underneath the initial descriptions, I added in extras that we wanted for the reception (like cocktail hour, private reception, etc) and added them under each package so that it would calculate the actual total package pricing for us and what we wanted. For example, if you don't want to upgrade to a cocktail hour or you don't have an outside photographer, you can delete that line from every package and it'll update the pricing at the top.

 

If you have questions, let me know. :)

 

 

Royal PDC Wedding Package Comparisons.xls

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey Ladies,

I have a questions on something...we are paying for the $350.00 vendor fee for our photographers, but Ana tried to sock me with extra fees for them like cake fee of $30.00 for both, cocktail hours of $50.00 for both and the extra hour fee for $50.00 for both. I understand the dinner fee since they will be eating but the rest they will not be taking part in as they will be taking pictures. As of right now I had her take them off the guest list and I am going to deal with the onsite about this in March. Has anyone else had this experience and how did you deal with it or were you just stuck paying?

Thanks for any info! It just seemed silly to me to have to pay for those things if I am already paying $350.00 for them to be there and they won't be eating cake, drinking and will be gone by like 9pm???

 

Oh also if you are looking for a nice personalized gift bag, go to Vistaprint. If you look up  vistaprint coupons on google and you have never been a customer you will 50% OFF..we got canvas pags personalized for like $5.50 a piece for 20 of them! Plus we were able to get thank you note at 50% off as well! Pretty good deal when you do the comparisons!

 

Oh can someone add me in on the list..I can not seem to figure out how to! April 27th!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

DeniDen - April 20, 2012

JessicaAnne - April 21, 2012

qgirl2 - April 27, 2012

alq212 - April 28, 2012

kellygrrrl - May 5, 2012

hilly1gh - May 11, 2012

queenoftheu- May 19, 2012

Kate112 - June 5, 2012

JessieColeBride - June 17, 2012

rsosadpt - July 7, 2012

BrianneTTU - July 11, 2012

maggiedinh - July 14, 2012

Labebita911 - July 14, 2012 (Cancun)

Pjcarson73- September 04, 2012

MrsLanningToBe - November, 10, 2012



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

 

Originally Posted by qgirl2 View Post

 

Hey Ladies,

I have a questions on something...we are paying for the $350.00 vendor fee for our photographers, but Ana tried to sock me with extra fees for them like cake fee of $30.00 for both, cocktail hours of $50.00 for both and the extra hour fee for $50.00 for both. I understand the dinner fee since they will be eating but the rest they will not be taking part in as they will be taking pictures. As of right now I had her take them off the guest list and I am going to deal with the onsite about this in March. Has anyone else had this experience and how did you deal with it or were you just stuck paying?

Thanks for any info! It just seemed silly to me to have to pay for those things if I am already paying $350.00 for them to be there and they won't be eating cake, drinking and will be gone by like 9pm???

 

 

I just paid for them on my guest list - to be honest, I hadn't even really thought about it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Ladies, I'm new to this website but SO happy that I found it. We recently decided that we are going to get married at the Royal Playa del Carmen, June 2013. So the planning has just began. I've visited this resort a few times and just LOVE it.

 

I have been reading over the past post and gaining so much information! I have not read all of them, being that there are almost a 1000!

I am excited to hear about every ones up coming weddings!

Happy Planning!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  


  • Best Destination Wedding Sponsors



    Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter
  • Posts

    • It’s been years... and I’m now searching for the same in Montego Bay or Negril. Did anyone ever have any luck finding? 
    • Hello, I'm new to this site. I got engaged already and get married by next year. I have some doubts regarding our dating destination. Hope you will help me. Thank You!
    • Hello everyone,
      Well, this upcoming valentine's day is special for me because I got engaged and planning to spend the day with my fiance. I'm planning to give her an ethical jumpsuit.

      Other than that I have been searching the internet for some nice discounted coupons and searched among my friends and found different sites. Now, we are looking forward to that wonderful day. We searched a lot and found out, Escape The City. Orangeville is a great place for a day trip or weekend gateway from Toronto.
      Theatre Orangeville is offering a weekend package that includes 2 tickets to a Live performance at the theatre, Premium Overnight Accommodations at Best Western Plus Orangeville Inn and Suites and $75 Downtown Wine and Dine Voucher which is valid at select Downtown restaurants, and Free Entry to the scenic Trails & Bridges of Island Lake.

      We are so excited and eagerly waiting for that day.
      If anyone has got any other suggestions for the venue, kindly share your thoughts/ideas.
      Thank You!
       
    • Please tell me, the best wedding venue in Saskatoon, SK.
    • Hey everyone! Like the others here, I'm interested in wedding reception, venue and all related steps & stuff. Starting with my first and the most important note is that we're international couple and we need to think of bilingual wedding. So the first thing we need to think of is whether it will be interpretation or 2 different venue coordinators, sermons and stuff? What is your experience, what could be the best and affordable solution? From googling the issue I've found this Interactio app team ( describing possible solution here  http://blog.interactio.io/case-study-weddings )Basically they offer to hold the venue in the main language, additionally providing simultaneous interpretation online to other quest's mobile phones. Looks like really easy and creative idea. What about the others? How did you solve this kind of obstacle? Any additional advises would be very welcomed here  
  • Topics

×