Sign in to follow this  
steph_n_taz

ROYAL PLAYA DEL CARMEN BRIDES: were kids allowed for the day? ...and other questions

I personally wouldn't pay the extra cost for a cocktail hour unless you have a very small group coming.  I had nearly 2 hours in between the ceremony and reception because i wanted to take photos from 6-7 and everyone either ordered drinks from one of the bars and many went back to their rooms to change and/or grab a drink there. 

Originally Posted by Labebita911 View Post

Im considering not having a cocktail hour due to timeline. If we get married at 5 pm and reception starts at 6 than i dont think its wort/necessary. Any thoughts???

Hi ladies!  I am back a MRS.!!!  Thanks to those that remembered it was my big day!  :)

We left for Mexico on July 19th, the wedding was on July 22nd we returned home on July 29th.

It's hard to believe it's over and done with.  I definitely agree with everyone in the past that said don't stress and relax!  I wish the day could have gone in slow motion or that I could do it all again!

Everything went smoothly and I'll be sure to post a review by the end of this weekend.  I LOVE LOVE LOVE the Royal and want to go back soon!

I will try to attach a few pictures that my friends took, but not sure if my account lets me...

The 1st one is at the reception (party time!) and my friends trying to pin my dress up..  We couldn't find the bustle!

The 2nd one is me and my hubby's first dance.  :)

3rd one is ring exchange at the ceremony.

4th is at dinner, right when we sat down.  So happy!

The last one is a shot of the ceremony with the bridesmaids and groomsmen!

More to come later!

228958_10150728813475541_669965540_19925

183878_10150269103090982_753305981_77112

253394_10150269100695982_753305981_77112

250348_189555041104878_100001511508414_4

251743_10150269096660982_753305981_77111

Welcome back Heidi and congrats on being a MRS now!!!

I saw Breah in the pics! =) It looks like a fabulous time. Love your dress!! So glad to hear you had a great time and no issues. Did Fernando's guy do your hair? Love it!!

LOL I know right after I posted it I realized Breah was in there and you would recognize her!

The resort did my hair and make up!  The eye make up was a bit much at first (TOO much eyeliner), but I just asked her to wipe it off, she did, no complaints and I was happy.  :)

Someone asked about a DJ other than Ivan.  I requested Ivan, but he must have already been booked.  We had a different guy and I can't remember his name, but it was something like Thome, Tume or something like that.  Sorry!  He was not very vocal with the crowd, but the music was great.  He mixed up the songs we had recommended with other songs that he chose.  A lot of people made requests and he accommodated all of them!  Everyone loved the smoke, mask and balloons too.  As long as you have Dorremixx it should be fun!

Hi ladies,

My fiance has a question he wanted me to put out here.  Have any of your fiances/husbands done a deep sea fishing excursion.  Who did you use and was it a good experience? 

Thanks gals!

Andrea

Originally Posted by Andrea434 View Post

Hi ladies,

My fiance has a question he wanted me to put out here.  Have any of your fiances/husbands done a deep sea fishing excursion.  Who did you use and was it a good experience? 

Thanks gals!

Andrea

Yes, a group of guys did one when we were down there!  Not sure of the company name, but it was booked at The Royal in the lobby.  There is no need to book ahead of time.

They caught a fish and part of the excusions was the company cooking it for you after and having a BBQ on the beach.  It seems like all the guys enjoyed the day!

Hey ladies! Just wanted to share my new obsession.....pinterest.com. Seriously so many great wedding ideas and pictures. All the pins take to to the website they came from. I have got so many ideas! Love, love, love it! Andrea March 23, 2012