Photo

Boarding pass vs. passport ideas

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 townie princess

townie princess
  • 298 posts

Posted 10 March 2008 - 02:40 PM

I plan to do STDs and invites for our wedding next winter in DR. I'd like to send out the STDs soon and have a general rsvp (so that we know how many to book for the group rate), and then send out proper invites when we get more info about the resort, exact date, etc.

So, my dilema is that I love the look of the boarding pass AND the passport, but I'm not sure which one I should use for the STD, and which to use for the invite.

Opinions please!

#2 flygirl

flygirl
    • 263 posts

Posted 10 March 2008 - 05:55 PM

I did a magnet std from vistaprint, a boarding pass invite, and i'm going to use the passport for my informational brochure a little closer to the wedding.

#3 Sandra E.

Sandra E.
      • 2,183 posts

Posted 10 March 2008 - 06:02 PM

You can actually use either one for each events. Depending on how much information you want to put inside. You could use the boarding pass for the STD and the passport for the wedding invitation.

#4 townie princess

townie princess
        • 298 posts

Posted 11 March 2008 - 01:07 AM

Yeah, I think I might do the boarding pass for the STD and the passport for the invite, just because you can jam more info into the passport.

Thanks for the feedback!

#5 Aimless911

Aimless911
          • 391 posts

Posted 11 March 2008 - 02:35 AM

I did what flygirl is doing...the magnet STD from Vistaprint (with basic information of date, location and wedding website) and then using the boarding pass for the true invitation, and then passport for follow up closer to the time of departure! :-) Then going to use Vistaprint again for at home reception invitations.

So many choices and different routes to take!!! (I of course changed what I thought I was going to do at least 25 times!)

Have fun with them no matter what ya decide on!

#6 Taradactyle

Taradactyle
            • 427 posts

Posted 11 March 2008 - 03:47 AM

We did a photo booth strip for our STD and a board pass invite for the invitation (we're STILL working on them!!). If we're not too crafted out and recuperate from making the invites, we will make the passports to put area/guest info into the OOT bags.
              Tara & Patrick

Our Non-Pro Pics: http://bestdestinati...om/forum/t32280

#7 JHarwood2Be

JHarwood2Be
              • 687 posts

Posted 11 March 2008 - 10:05 AM

We haven't done either yet. We are still working on the time and place issue! But I have thought about doing both. My FI is the most traveled person that I think anyone in our friends and family know! So I think it would be really cute to send them out and that people would enjoy them. I'm thinking about doing the passports first as a STD and to include all information about booking the trip and how to obtain a passport for themselves. Then use the boarding pass later. I just saw someone on here make a "return ticket" as the RSVP. So we can round up the stragglers. I'm going to be so grateful for all of these ideas when it is time to get crafty!
                Photography by Tamm's Photos
                http://www.ezticker.....aya/ticker.png

#8 Nrsggrl

Nrsggrl
                • 47 posts

Posted 21 March 2008 - 03:33 AM

We are planning on using the passport idea for our wedding invitations, and the boarding pass as our STD... When doing a search I found these....

It thought they looked pretty cool... I think eventually when the time comes I will try to make some similar.... if I get too frustrated, I may break down and pay for them to be made. lol

Passport Destination Wedding Invitation - Handcrafted custom Wedding Invitations

Passport Destination Wedding Invitation - Handcrafted custom Wedding Invitations

So many options!!! I really like the second one the best though.

#9 becks

becks

VIP

• VIP Member
                  • 4,881 posts
                  • Wedding Date:August 9, 2008
                  • Wedding Location:Riviera Maya
                  • LocationNew York

Posted 21 March 2008 - 07:56 AM

For what it's worth, I probably spent a total of 20 hours designing my passports totally from scratch. The printing, assembly and stapling took about one day, and I did 50 of them for about $100 including all materials, postage and tools.

If you need a hand, by all means, let me know.

Happily married since 2008

Allurements by Rebecca - Destination Wedding Invitations and more

#10 lizcolgin

lizcolgin
                  • 60 posts

Posted 21 March 2008 - 09:43 PM

I tried to post a picture of what my boarding pass STD's look like. Let me know if you can view these b/c I am not sure I am doing this right. I worked with Gwen at Hitched invites (online) and I love her! She is so easy to work with and really reasonable. I hope this helps those that are looking.

Attached Files

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users