I love J Crew but...

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1 Dbld78

Dbld78
  • Banned
  • 665 posts

Posted 06 March 2008 - 07:25 PM

I just got my new J Crew catalog today, now granted I haven't been able to wear anything but shoes and accessories from J Crew for a couple years, but I can't believe the prices! I never really looked at the prices until today, I buy for the FI there but not to often. I found the cutest swim suit for FI but it's Fing $70!!!!! What?!?! $70 for a men's bathing suit? It's not like their clothes are maid of some special thread. I remember back in the day when the prices were closer to the Gap, now they're more expensive than Abercombie....(which is another one...) I'm just tried of paying more for poorer quality......The Gap these days, their clothes are crap, Abercombie, I totally stop buying for the FI because it's made like crap. Their prices go up while their costs go down.....

I wish I could buy everything on etsy!

I just wanted to vent!

#2 Nrvsbride

Nrvsbride
    • 5,248 posts

Posted 06 March 2008 - 07:28 PM

I've always felt like JCrew is so expensive. I don't shop at A&F b/c everyone there weighs 20 pounds and gives me dirty looks when I enter the store, so why bother? The Gap clothes are made by 8 year old Malaysian and Guatemalan kids. No thanks.

Okay off my soapbox now.

#3 Sandra E.

Sandra E.
      • 2,183 posts

Posted 06 March 2008 - 07:34 PM

I used to buy JCrew all the time and I agree with you, they've gotten very expensive. In fact it's been forever since I visited their stores or web site. I can't believe it $70.00 for a men's bathing suit...

#4 katrina

katrina

VIP Member

• VIP Member
        • 4,328 posts

Posted 06 March 2008 - 07:36 PM

everything is so expensive, but i can't help it... i'm obsessed.

#5 LisaG

LisaG
          • VIP Member
          • 7,839 posts

Posted 06 March 2008 - 07:38 PM

I've only got one thing from there, and that was a dress on clearance for $29. I can't spend that much $$ on clothes. Some things are just crazy over priced! Maybe that's just me being cheap. I'm not proud - - I'm cheap!! :)

#6 Dbld78

Dbld78
            • Banned
            • 665 posts

Posted 06 March 2008 - 07:48 PM

Yeah.....I guess I just never really paid attention because I don't buy a lot there but I was going through the catalog and I'm finding all these things I liked and I was thrown when I saw the prices....

There's nothing wrong with being cheap... but there's a difference between a bargin shopper and being cheap.....I would say you're probably a bargin shopper!

#7 chicago88

chicago88
              • 699 posts

Posted 06 March 2008 - 07:50 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by Dbld78
                I just got my new J Crew catalog today, now granted I haven't been able to wear anything but shoes and accessories from J Crew for a couple years, but I can't believe the prices! I never really looked at the prices until today, I buy for the FI there but not to often. I found the cutest swim suit for FI but it's Fing $70!!!!! What?!?! $70 for a men's bathing suit? It's not like their clothes are maid of some special thread. I remember back in the day when the prices were closer to the Gap, now they're more expensive than Abercombie....(which is another one...) I'm just tried of paying more for poorer quality......The Gap these days, their clothes are crap, Abercombie, I totally stop buying for the FI because it's made like crap. Their prices go up while their costs go down.....

I wish I could buy everything on etsy!

I just wanted to vent!
                $70 is ridiculous for men's trunks. Old Navy has cute one's for like $20!! FYI.

Therese & Jay
                Riu Ocho Rios, Jamaica2.15.08
                http://tickers.Ticke....1f03/event.png

#8 nenamono

nenamono
                • 282 posts

Posted 06 March 2008 - 07:51 PM

I agree with you 100%. Who are they kidding with those prices. Its gotten worse and worse every year.
                  I only get their sale stuff now its hard b/c they have some really cute things but I stick to my guns. Just got some cords and jeans both on sale for a total of $70. Im was happy.

#9 LisaG

LisaG
                  • VIP Member
                  • 7,839 posts

Posted 06 March 2008 - 07:51 PM

Oh definitely a bargain shopper. Don't get me wrong, I go to JCrew every time I go to the mall, but I only buy when there is a sale....and that was once :)

#10 amandalovesryan

amandalovesryan
                    • 933 posts

Posted 06 March 2008 - 08:06 PM

Danielle, check out the Philadelphia Premium Outlets in Limerick. They have a bunch of great deals there. I love it there!
                      My favorite type of vacation, a relaxing one!

http://tickers.Ticke....d7b2/event.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users