Salsa Dancers & Lessons

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 michelle08

michelle08
  • VIP Member
  • 2,702 posts

Posted 24 February 2008 - 02:50 AM

I read the reviews and it seems that this has not been very popular at the weddings.

I mean those who had them said they loved them, but it seems that not so many people have had them or did not post about them.

I wanted some hired entertainment at the wedding but the firedancers were almost $1000 and that's alot...so Maye quoted me $400 for dancers and lessons for 45-60 min....

So I think it would be a fun interactive activity but would appreciate everyone else's opinion...

#2 Yari

Yari
    • VIP Member
    • 10,928 posts

Posted 24 February 2008 - 04:03 AM

I think it sounds like fun and festive. Your guests will love it.

We are having firedancers, but the cost is nowhere near $1K.

#3 Jenn

Jenn
      • 1,557 posts

Posted 24 February 2008 - 01:01 PM

I think that would be lots of fun! Sam and I took Salsa before our wedding, and we really love it! Its a great dance and I think your guests would love it!

#4 LadyCheese

LadyCheese
        • 1,830 posts

Posted 24 February 2008 - 01:27 PM

I think that sounds like fun, it will get your guests pumped and everyone will have a great time and take something new with them when they get back home.

#5 beachbride08

beachbride08
          • VIP Member
          • 2,372 posts

Posted 24 February 2008 - 02:03 PM

I was hoping this would be something we could do for our welcome event that way guests could use their new moves at the wedding. We only have a private room for dancing for two hours after dinner and didn't want to take up one hour for lessons at the wedding. I'm not sure how much time you will have, but I definitely think it is a great idea.
            Michelle

#6 michelle08

michelle08
            • VIP Member
            • 2,702 posts

Posted 24 February 2008 - 02:33 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by beachbride08
              I was hoping this would be something we could do for our welcome event that way guests could use their new moves at the wedding. We only have a private room for dancing for two hours after dinner and didn't want to take up one hour for lessons at the wedding. I'm not sure how much time you will have, but I definitely think it is a great idea.
              That's a good point about time....hmm...I need to go through the timeline again...

#7 Leia78

Leia78
              • VIP Member
              • 2,459 posts

Posted 16 March 2008 - 03:00 PM

Hey Michelle...I was wondering if you ended up booking the salsa dancers for your reception. My parents want me to inqure about this.

#8 Ana

Ana

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                • 8,047 posts
                • Wedding Date:April 1, 2009
                • Wedding Location:Dreams Cabo
                • LocationToronto

Posted 16 March 2008 - 05:25 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by Yari
                I think it sounds like fun and festive. Your guests will love it.

We are having firedancers, but the cost is nowhere near $1K.
                We were quoted $1k for 4 dancers and a band with music. What were you quoted, if you don't mind me asking?

#9 M&L2008

M&L2008
                • 32 posts

Posted 21 July 2008 - 09:52 PM

My FI is a proffessional Salsa Instructor he has performed and taught classes at many events oversea and in the states for private events, fund raisers, boat ridres etc...His price is $250 for an 1 hour dance lesson + 1 dance #'r.Optionally they would be able to do additional dance #'rs throughout the whole reception for an additional cost. Lastly Air fare would have to be provided for him and his partner

#10 Elizabeth Medina

Elizabeth Medina
                  • Vendor
                  • 278 posts

Posted 21 July 2008 - 11:42 PM

Hi! I photographed a wedding where the bride had a cousin who along with a partner led a salsa demonstration and lesson. It was a HUGE hit, it really got people moving and they actually were all doing the steps by the end! I think it is a great idea if you have a fun crowd. Also it makes for fun candid pictures of guests to have them up and doing something!

Click the image to open in full size.

Click the image to open in full size.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users