Photo

So What do you do for a living?

• Please log in to reply
577 replies to this topic

#131 AlmostMrsForbes

AlmostMrsForbes
  • 238 posts

Posted 21 February 2008 - 11:59 AM

FI and I are both attorneys. I mainly do local government tax and budgetary work. FI is in business and civil litigation.

I've grown to really love what I do - I'm thinking about also getting my CPA, although I can't imagine any more school!

#132 LCBride2007

LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
    • 24,768 posts

Posted 21 February 2008 - 01:10 PM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by berliewed08
      I don't know how you ladies do it. My sister traveled for 10 years and my FH is on his 2nd year. Before we decied to have children he will have to find something local, and not the Co. defintion of within 100 miles.
      It's definitely a lifestyle - and one that has it's drawbacks, for sure. But it's all I know, really. And it does have perks - I mean, how many other people have over 500,000 miles on multiple airlines? But I've always said when I have kids, I dont want to do it, at least not at this rate. Luckily I can do what I do from home, for the most part.

#133 ajncooter

ajncooter
      • 983 posts

Posted 21 February 2008 - 02:03 PM

thats so funny you were in the elevator with Janet Jackson.. you just never know who you will run into at The Ritz-Carlton

#134 angitalia23

angitalia23
        • 1,029 posts

Posted 21 February 2008 - 07:53 PM

3rd grade teacher, like every girl in MICHIGAN!
          Anthony & Angela
          19 June 2008

#135 angitalia23

angitalia23
          • 1,029 posts

Posted 25 February 2008 - 11:47 AM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by gkashmira
            Thanks! It can definitely be fun sometimes.

Right now I work on a newer show called "Color Correction." I used to work on "House Hunters" and "House Hunters International" and sometimes I story-edit for "My House is Worth What"
            Watching HGTV right now!!! LOVE LOVE LOVE IT...my FI thinks im obsessed with it and oh yes I am!
            Anthony & Angela
            19 June 2008

#136 Sandra E.

Sandra E.
            • 2,183 posts

Posted 25 February 2008 - 12:30 PM

I'm a freelance Art Director and Producer.

#137 Saraha

Saraha
              • 2,597 posts

Posted 25 February 2008 - 12:38 PM

I work in a medial office that specializes in Internal Medicine. I do all the billing and work with insurances... I know fun stuff!

#138 Jenn

Jenn
                • 1,557 posts

Posted 25 February 2008 - 01:23 PM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by gkashmira
                  I am a television producer on a show for Home & Garden Television (HGTV)
                  Love HGTV!!! So cool Kash!

I'm an ER Physician and I absolutely love what I do! I work in both a major trauma center in Philly as well as a community hospital.

#139 alex

alex
                  • 1,139 posts

Posted 06 April 2008 - 01:16 PM

I LOVE this topic!! So interesting!!!!

I am trained as a hairstylist, but stopped that after an especially bad experience working at the Fairmont Banff Springs. Still do family & friends on the side (trying to get out of it, but it's just not working!!)
                    Currently I work for Revenue Canada as an office clerk. Meaning I sort through all the mail & faxes & info we get everyday & try to establish what exactly it is & where exactly it needs to be in order to be dealt with properly! Not the most exciting job, but the pay/hours are pretty great! Downside is that we're "off contract" (laid off) during the quiet times so I am currently sitting at home waiting for a new contract!

#140 Hartyt509

Hartyt509
                    • 2,262 posts

Posted 06 April 2008 - 01:50 PM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by Nrvsbride
                      I am a personal injury lawyer a.k.a. an ambulance chaser.
                      Snap lol only recently got wrong when I refused to do the actual ambulance chasing and changed the firm lol Now I wait for the ambulances to stop lol

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users