Dreams Punta Cana Brides

• Please log in to reply
4752 replies to this topic

#3691 redlake

• 10 posts

Posted 18 June 2011 - 01:11 PM

We're planning on having a cocktail hour as we want a longer reception and it's cheaper to do the cocktail hour than to pay for an hour at the end - makes no sense to me!

#3692 Amber 5678

Amber 5678
    • 31 posts

Posted 20 June 2011 - 04:41 AM

I am having a cocktail hour as well (its included with our package though). From what I heard, right after the ceremony is over they try to move your wedding party right along to the next thing. At least the cocktail hour will keep guests occupied while we take some pictures, and then we join them when we are done.

#3693 Aug4bride

• 19 posts

Posted 23 June 2011 - 10:11 AM

Your photos are beautiful!  Did the resort photographer take them?  I am getting married on August 4th...getting a little nervous about the weather!!

#3694 Lasallebabe

• Site Supporter
        • 154 posts

Posted 23 June 2011 - 12:32 PM

Ladies....I just read a review on Trip Advisor from a bride who indicated the wedding and Awilda were awesome! She did say though that Awilda is leaving...Has anyone had recent contact with a Wedding Planner/Awilda?

#3695 Aug4bride

• 19 posts

Posted 24 June 2011 - 09:06 AM

I called the front desk and insisted on talking to someone.  that worked!

#3696 Aug4bride

• 19 posts

Posted 24 June 2011 - 09:08 AM

Can anyone tell me what the wedding cake looked like? tasted? Is there a topper on it - or do you bring your own?

#3697 Amber 5678

Amber 5678
              • 31 posts

Posted 24 June 2011 - 05:35 PM

For me it was about a month before I had heard back from the resort- if you are on a time constraint then you should call them.

As for the cake, I highly recommend that you read through the previous posts (which I think is really helpful for anyone on here- its a pain, but you learn SO much starting from page 1) previous brides have posted pictures of their cakes and talk about the flavors they have liked!

#3698 chrishorney

• 2 posts

Posted 29 June 2011 - 12:05 PM

Our wedding is coming up and we have decided to not have a reception (mainly because we are cheap haha), would a bonfire for a few hours plus bar service be good enough to keep people busy and happy?

#3699 DRwedgal2011

• 69 posts

Posted 30 June 2011 - 05:13 PM

OMG I cant believe we leave in 7 DAYS for our wedding! Crazy how fast the time flew by! I will definitely post all the details (and as many pics as possible) when I come back!

#3700 ska2m

• Site Supporter
                    • 150 posts

Posted 30 June 2011 - 05:40 PM

Wow DRwedgal!!! How exciting! You are going to have an amazing time! Can't wait to see your pictures and hear all about it when you get back! Have an awesome time!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users