• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#21 jlink78

jlink78
  • 207 posts

Posted 19 February 2008 - 03:29 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by LC_Rachel
    ME TOO! I get super blotchy on my chest. Not so much my face. My mom said it's because I'm allergic to alcohol but that's just her wishful thinking. She hates alcohol, but I partake in a beverage or two. I usually start getting flushed after a couple and then everyone laughs at me.

This also happens when I'm angry, sad, embarrassed or any time of emotion really. It's like a mood indicator. Totally sucks especially at work. Someone can piss me off and I try to keep a poker face but Bam! my chest turns blotchy and everyone knows I'm mad.

I had to wear a high necked shirt for my speech class in college. It was embarrassing.

I am exactly like this and I HATE it. I get so red and splotchy with any type of extreme emotion. I look like a lepper and I'm really concerned about the big wedding day. When I was trying on dresses I even got the splotches on my chest! I joked around saying I was going to have to wear a turtle neck. Glad to know I'm not alone!

#22 beachbride08

beachbride08
    • VIP Member
    • 2,372 posts

Posted 19 February 2008 - 04:22 PM

My face gets super red when I drink. It looks like I have sunburn. Same thing happens when I get embarassed or work out. I hate it!
      Michelle

#23 chibi411

chibi411
      • 234 posts

Posted 19 February 2008 - 04:59 PM

i'm japanese.... i get purple- maybe its eggplant descent

#24 DreaW

DreaW
        • Banned
        • 2,462 posts

Posted 20 February 2008 - 01:53 AM

I get very red cheeks when I drink....

#25 Bride010101

Bride010101
          • 1,547 posts

Posted 20 February 2008 - 01:57 AM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by beachbride08
            My face gets super red when I drink. It looks like I have sunburn. Same thing happens when I get embarassed or work out. I hate it!
            Me too! I can have barely half a drink and I get super flushed. Same goes when I'm embarassed... there is no way to hide it! And i hate working out with lots of people because I barely get going and I'm beet red even if I'm not tired. I always have just blamed it on my fair complexion.

#26 plumsugar

plumsugar
            • 175 posts

Posted 24 February 2008 - 01:04 AM

I've got mild Rosacea. My cheeks are almost always a pink color, but when I drink/work out/or blush, my entire face and neck area looks so so bad immediately after (i.e. RED)….

I use a special face wash - which is really good as a general cleanser too (DCL Mosom Cleanser) – and some prescribed cream that I apply anytime the “big red” breaks out. I’m supposed to take a pill every day for it, but blah to that…so when I breakout, I just stick to drinking tons of water and laying a cool damp cloth to my face before applying the cream.

It’s a big pain in my arse to regulate, but I’ve narrowed it down to mostly wines causing me to be redder than anything else. Vodka seems to me my bff lol <3

#27 JennyK

JennyK
              • 3,502 posts

Posted 24 February 2008 - 01:12 AM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by LC_Rachel
                ME TOO! I get super blotchy on my chest. Not so much my face. My mom said it's because I'm allergic to alcohol but that's just her wishful thinking. She hates alcohol, but I partake in a beverage or two. I usually start getting flushed after a couple and then everyone laughs at me.

This also happens when I'm angry, sad, embarrassed or any time of emotion really. It's like a mood indicator. Totally sucks especially at work. Someone can piss me off and I try to keep a poker face but Bam! my chest turns blotchy and everyone knows I'm mad.

I had to wear a high necked shirt for my speech class in college. It was embarrassing.
                this used to happen to me in high school. I remember having the hottest guy in school talking to me and I got so nervous and he said,"OMG, your chest is all red!? Are you ok?" Needless to say I wanted to crawl into a hole and die.

#28 Sharonie

Sharonie
                • 557 posts

Posted 24 February 2008 - 01:54 AM

I am asian and my face turns red with just one drink everytime. My chest gets blochy if I continue to drink and it itches really bad. When I left Ohio after graduation to move down to Texas, I had two Vodka + Cranberry juice w/ my friend and my whole chest/tummy stayed blotchy for three days! I was really suffering and really controlled myself w/ how much I drink. Now I can be a designated driver whenver needed :P

#29 luv2love

luv2love
                  • 260 posts

Posted 24 February 2008 - 02:07 AM

[QUOTE=LC_Rachel;267144]I get really blotchy too Carly when embarrassed, sad, or any type of emotion really. I'm scared for the wedding day- I don't want to look like a blotchy wreck. Maybe an extra thick veil over my head and chest will do. :) Maybe FI thinks beekeepers are hot. QUOTE]

Me exactly! When i drink alcohol I turn into a tomato! And if the temperature quickly changes or if I'm nervous or anything I go all blotchy. It's so embarrasing. I always have to wear turtle necks if I ever have to present a power point presentation for school!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users