Photo

What shoes to wear on the beach

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#11 Future Mrs. Ligonde

Future Mrs. Ligonde
  • 25 posts

Posted 14 September 2009 - 05:11 PM

Hello all. I am thinking about what shoes to wear during the ceremony on the beach. I have seen some great pictures of some very sexy heels that ladies have worn down the aisle. But I am afraid I will bust my butt walking on the sand in heels. And, I don't want to go barefoot. I'm a shortie and my FI is tall..so I need a little height. Anybody have any suggestions on shoes choices?? Pictures would be helpful also.
Thanks in advance.

#12 NegrilLB

NegrilLB
  • 172 posts

Posted 14 September 2009 - 06:06 PM

Hi, I'm in a similar situation - getting married on a beach but would rather wear shoes that give me some height. The 2 options I'm considering are white flip-flops with a thick platform (2-3 inches) or white wedge style shoes. With both styles you avoid a pointy heel that will sink in the sand.
I found some cute wedge shoes on theknot.com. You can see a picture by seaching under accessories. One that I saw was Victoria style by Coloriffics, but they have several on there to choose from.
I don't remember where I saw white platform flip-flops, but I believe they are available on a few different websites and can come with lots of rhinestones to dress them up.
http://dwdf.daisypath.com/hfwgm5.png

118 Guests + Bride and Groom Attended

#13 LadyTrunck

LadyTrunck
  • 1,114 posts

Posted 14 September 2009 - 06:32 PM

I'll have to take a look too--- same exact situation, except that my dress is knee length, so they have to be super cute!! I'm a little afraid of the lack of options
Married to my BEST FRIEND!
July 7, 2010!!My Planning Thread: http://bestdestinati....ns-pics-60834/
Non-Pro Pics:
http://bestdestinati....ro-pics-61751/
Trash the dress!:http://bestdestinati....a-dumas-61397/

#14 KarenM

KarenM
  • 1,920 posts

Posted 14 September 2009 - 09:12 PM

hmm... what about something like one of these?
Charles by Charles David Soleil at Zappos.com

MICHAEL Michael Kors Summer Wedge at Zappos.com

Nina Gamma at Zappos.com

Matisse Michaela at Zappos.com

J. Reneé Whirl at Zappos.com

Diba Very Hot at Zappos.com

Touch Ups Arlene Wedge - Free Overnight Shipping & Return Shipping: Endless.com

Coloriffics Grace Sandal - Free Overnight Shipping & Return Shipping: Endless.com

daniblack Daisy Wedge Slide - Free Overnight Shipping & Return Shipping: Endless.com

Touch Ups Shakira Dyeable Wedge Sandal - Free Overnight Shipping & Return Shipping: Endless.com

um, I'm a little obsessed w/ shoes.
Good luck hunting!

Attached Files

#15 shellk

shellk
  • 1,784 posts

Posted 15 September 2009 - 02:55 AM

im having the same problem.i say no to heels you need wedges.they have been difficult to find but i have 2 pairs on their way from ebay.it will be worth the find in the end hehe.or nice flip flops.i like the barefoot sandals but like you say i would like a little height and the sand/floor will be hot?

#16 kitty_kat_uk

kitty_kat_uk
  • 170 posts

Posted 15 September 2009 - 06:45 AM

I wore these for my wedding on the beach at ROR, still got sand in my feet but they were easy to walk on.

£55 from Click the image to open in full size.

#17 blumenthale

blumenthale
  • 242 posts

Posted 15 September 2009 - 11:06 AM

Wedges are a safer bet, maybe you should find some sand to practice on in a pair of wedges you already have. I am so clumsy that I am just barefooting it.

#18 ChelseaRose

ChelseaRose
  • 139 posts

Posted 15 September 2009 - 12:11 PM

I would love some height too, but I'm going barefoot as well. I figure it'll give the ceremony a bit more relaxed feel.

#19 Future Mrs. Ligonde

Future Mrs. Ligonde
  • 25 posts

Posted 15 September 2009 - 12:26 PM

Thank you ladies! This is very helpful. Keep the links coming!

#20 torywedd

torywedd
  • 169 posts

Posted 17 September 2009 - 03:35 PM

i am getting married on the beach as well, and i wasnt sure as to what shoes i should wear.......i have decided on wearing some flip flops, that a designer friend of mine is gonna adorn w/ rhinestones, and shoe embellishments....im pretty xcited about them....i know they will b unique and beautyful w/ her touch added to them

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter