• Please log in to reply
342 replies to this topic

#211 A_J_Mitchell

A_J_Mitchell
  • 252 posts

Posted 15 June 2010 - 06:29 AM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by KarenM
    Hey girls, if you're wanting to have your make up done for the wedding I would suggest just printing out pictures for inspiration, or making a powerpoint slide with a bunch of pics as an inspiration board. I did that & it really helped give my hair stylist/make-up artist a clear idea of what I wanted.
    projectwedding.com has a ton of great ideas for both hair & make-up (& dresses, flowers, etc., etc)

these were my inspiration pics
    Click the image to open in full size.

And here's the wedding day turn-out

Apparently I don't have a close up of the make-up, but here's the best I could find so far
    Karen, I lOVE both your hair and makeup.. My new "inspiration" pics!!. :)

#212 janapana

janapana
    • 591 posts

Posted 15 June 2010 - 06:55 AM

I agree with a j mitchell, karen your hair looks amazing, now if i can only grow mine another 12 inches before january!!!!!!

#213 Boo

Boo
      • 785 posts

Posted 15 June 2010 - 10:55 AM

Yeah I love the hair!! is your hair naturally curly? I would love to curl my hair but I find at times it doesnt hold it very well, and then in a little while it just looks more messy, but yours is gorgeous!

#214 KarenM

KarenM
        • 1,920 posts

Posted 17 June 2010 - 04:17 PM

Thanks girls!

My hair isn't curly, but it does have some wave in it. I dried it straight (mostly) that day and the stylist sprayed a TON of hairspray on it before & after curling each section. Surprisingly it held all night &, although it relaxed, it was still really wavy for our TTD the next day. Those stylists seriously know what they're doing & bring out the heavy artillery to make it work. :)

Quote:
          Originally Posted by Boo
          Yeah I love the hair!! is your hair naturally curly? I would love to curl my hair but I find at times it doesnt hold it very well, and then in a little while it just looks more messy, but yours is gorgeous!

#215 SDSteph

SDSteph
          • 812 posts

Posted 29 June 2010 - 08:38 PM

Here is what I like so far.....really worries about the humity though. Lose curls might not hold.

Steph and Kel Mayan Riveria - February 2011http://www.stephnkelwedding.com

#216 simplnsweet

simplnsweet
            • 323 posts

Posted 30 June 2010 - 10:51 AM

sspiris- you so look like the girl in the picture. I almost thought it was you!

#217 carolina24

carolina24
              • 1,573 posts

Posted 30 June 2010 - 01:17 PM

wait...that's not you?? holy crap it's your twin, lol!!
                i love the hair, and that's what i wanted but when i went down for my site visit i quickly realized that i'd need to wear it up in a bun. between the humidity and the wind, it'd end up looking frizzy

#218 SDSteph

SDSteph
                • 812 posts

Posted 30 June 2010 - 01:29 PM

Wow thanks ladies! LOL I have very very curly hair that straightens and curls well but the humidity is not my friend. I grew up in Houston so I know what it is like but not I live in Vegas the dryest place on earth so I have gotten spoiled. I don't want to put my hair up so I don't know what to do. =( Is is really humid in Feb? ha ha
                  Steph and Kel Mayan Riveria - February 2011http://www.stephnkelwedding.com

#219 carolina24

carolina24
                  • 1,573 posts

Posted 30 June 2010 - 02:06 PM

sadly yes!! it's ALWAYS humid. but you say you're hair holds curl well so maybe they can just spray the crap out of it and it'll hold :)

#220 JesseLyn10

JesseLyn10
                    • 188 posts

Posted 07 July 2010 - 09:38 PM

Does anyone know what Jamaica is like in July? We are getting married at RIU Ocho Rios on the beach @ 2pm ...so will there be a breeze? can I stick with hair down or should I prepare for a messy chignon/side bang kinda 'do?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users