Should we upgrade our room??

• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

#21 chicago88

• 699 posts

Posted 03 January 2008 - 07:05 PM

I say stick with the junior suite. Save your $$ for something else... You may even be able to upgrade for free!! We also booked the jr suite and are hoping to upgrade. Cross your fingers!

Therese & Jay
    Riu Ocho Rios, Jamaica2.15.08

#22 JaimeLynne

• VIP Member
    • 4,791 posts

Posted 03 January 2008 - 07:13 PM

I like the idea about upgrading on your wedding night! That'll give you something extra special to look forward to :)

Maybe they'll even upgrade you for free...?

~ Jaime & Martin ~
      "Rain or Swine! 2-0-0-9"

We had 24 people attend our wedding in Las Caletas, Mexico on May 24th, 2009!

We all stayed at The Marriott in P.V., and Honeymooned at The Royal Plantation in Ochos Rios, Jamaica!

#23 PaulaV

• VIP Member
      • 2,813 posts

Posted 03 January 2008 - 07:28 PM

I like the idea of upgrading once you are married. We are, but we are going to PDC for our honeymoon.
        The room room have looks very nice though!

#24 CarrieRN

• 815 posts

Posted 03 January 2008 - 08:18 PM

I am semi-frugal...I think the junior suite looks great, has a whirlpool tub and plenty of space. I say save the money for a trip later in the year...or an anniversary trip.
          Philip at 1 yr old. Go Steelers!
          Soon I will get to post wedding pics, figure I should get some more Philip in first!

#25 kay726

• 218 posts

Posted 03 January 2008 - 09:15 PM

I say go for the jacuzzi suite . We got the basic room and when it came time to spend time in the room for the honeymoon "having fun" , it would have been great to have a jacuzzi to add to the romance.

#26 1elephant

• VIP Member
            • 15,998 posts

Posted 03 January 2008 - 09:26 PM

i'm torn...i'm usually pretty frugal, but it IS your honeymoon...it would be an easy decision if the upgrade was jacuzzi or no jacuzzi, but do you really need 2x the size?

idk, heidi, i can't vote

#27 ErinB

VIP Member

• VIP Member
              • 9,504 posts

Posted 05 January 2008 - 11:04 PM

I agree with everyone else, if you can afford it go for it. We're upgrading our room at Couples to a mid-level suite, primarily so we won't be in a room block with all of our other guests so we can have a little more privacy. I'm really hoping we'll get an up-grade upon arrival!

#28 sabonner

• 34 posts

Posted 05 January 2008 - 11:08 PM

We thought about taking a chance on an upgrade but decided against it. It's your honeymoon - now's the time to indulge.

#29 Bride010101

• 1,547 posts

Posted 06 January 2008 - 02:20 AM

I voted for the jacuzzi because I think it would be really fun! But in reality I think you need to consider if it fits in your budget and if you will actually use it. I enjoy low key evenings and would see myself using it most nights... but I know other people who are hardly in the room at all.

#30 *JillD*

• 5,112 posts

Posted 06 January 2008 - 11:05 AM

we had a jacuzzi on our balcony at dreams and didn't use it at all, lol!

We were so busy everyday with wedding stuff and people arriving, by the time we got back to our room filling up the jacuzzi was the last thing we wanted to do.

On our honeymoon we had one in our room and we used it once. It was a nice feature, but it was also our honeymoon, so we had other things on our mind, wink, wink :)

So I would vote, upgrade after the wedding.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users