Where & When??

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#11 DanielleNDerek

• VIP Member
  • 18,452 posts

Posted 31 December 2007 - 12:38 PM

Welcome and goodluck with everything! I think you would be fine with May. You may feel a little rushed. The one thing you may have to worry about is getting a certain wedding dress by May. Mexico in May is very nice but very hot!
    ***Married November 6, 2008***Gavin Born February 28th, 2010***
    Paradisus Palma Real Wedding Review
    Our Professional Wedding Pictures on Snapfish

#12 Spazz

• VIP Member
    • 10,482 posts

Posted 31 December 2007 - 12:43 PM

to the forum! Happy planning!!!

#13 leigh miller

leigh miller
      • 936 posts

Posted 31 December 2007 - 12:59 PM

may should be ok! ive shot weddings in mexico in may, june, august and september and it wasnt that bad. just depends on your tolerance level. i would think you could pull a wedding together by may but you might want more time. novembers NOT that far away.

did you go to KU? i got my graduate degree there in 2000! rock chalk jayhawk :)

#14 MsShelley

VIP Member

• VIP Member
        • 10,366 posts

Posted 31 December 2007 - 01:52 PM

welcome to the forum

#15 Jones4Me

• Banned
          • 381 posts

Posted 02 January 2008 - 01:03 PM

to the forum! Happy planning!

#16 LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
            • 24,768 posts

Posted 02 January 2008 - 01:06 PM

welcome! i was married in June (Leigh was my photog!) and it really wasn't that bad. sure it was warm - but it will be in May too! and by the beach, there's usually a decent breeze. I do think you could plan a wedding by May though - you just may need to be a little flexible with your location and date.

#17 bre

• 205 posts

Posted 03 January 2008 - 03:49 PM

Welcome to the Forum! I'm from Boston too!

One thing to keep in mind with the west coast of Mexico is its distance from Boston. It's typically 8+ hours from Boston to Los Cabos. That's why we choose the Rivera Maya. It made it possible for people to come for just a few days. But a really long flight makes it harder to do 4 days.

While you could pull off a May wedding, you should talk to some guests first. That's just a few months away and people need time to plan vacations with their jobs and sometimes save money. Of course, the resort availability is another big issue.

Here is a helpful post with info on the RM if you are interested.

Happy planning and let us know how we can help!
                Bre & Pete
                January 19, 2008
                El Dorado Royale

#18 Celina

• Banned
                • 2,811 posts

Posted 03 January 2008 - 06:03 PM

Originally Posted by jayhawkbride
                  Hi all! I'm excited to join the forum. I've already read some very useful posts and am excited to get to know everyone. We were hoping to get married in May in Mexico, but are worried we don't have enough time to get it done. With the weather in Mexico, the next best time is November, which seems so far away. Any great ideas or suggestions are welcome!
                  Welcome to the forum! You will find tons of useful info here! My first suggestion would be to get passports, pick out a place, and enjoy the whole experience! Everyone here is SO helpful! I am actually getting married in November and believe me, it seems like it is going to creep up on us sooner than we think! Be prepared about "Mexico Time". You will realize that the folks in Mexico move and respond in a much slower pace than most of us are used to.

Best wishes and congratulations!
                  "Love is not who you live with...it's who you can't live without"

#19 ErinB

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                  • 9,504 posts

Posted 03 January 2008 - 06:12 PM

Welcome! You can plan in 5-6 months! The trickiest part will be getting your dress. Some companies take 4+ months to arrive. I agree that once you choose a location, everything else falls into place!

Happy Planning!

Are you ready for the Orange Bowl tonight? My FH is a huge JayHawk fan!

#20 StephanieMN

• 1,798 posts

Posted 04 January 2008 - 07:42 AM

Welcome to the forum! I have to agree that you can do it in just about 4 months. I have seen weddings planned in 6 weeks. Good luck and happy planning

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users