Photo

Las Caletas Brides ~ Post HERE! (THREAD CLOSED)

• Please log in to reply
1936 replies to this topic

#681 LCBride2007

LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
  • 24,768 posts

Posted 08 April 2008 - 01:16 PM

i just updated your date in my master LC list! lol (yep, I'm a dork!)

#682 Yari

Yari
    • VIP Member
    • 10,928 posts

Posted 08 April 2008 - 01:16 PM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by CODestBride2009
      AAAAAAGH! I am so excited! I am about to hand over my cc number to Nicole to confirm my date! April 24th, 2009...Las Caletas here we come!

So excited for you!!!

#683 Andi

Andi

VIP Member

• VIP Member
      • 3,490 posts

Posted 08 April 2008 - 01:18 PM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by AnnR
        i just updated your date in my master LC list! lol (yep, I'm a dork!)

AWESOME! (well I guess I am a dork too for announcing that in the first place! )

#684 jajajaja

jajajaja
        • VIP Member
        • 9,794 posts

Posted 08 April 2008 - 01:30 PM

Did you all hear from Marla prior to her wedding? I wonder if she will report back. Do we have any other member soon?
          Happily married since 2008

#685 TA Lindsay

TA Lindsay
          • 413 posts

Posted 08 April 2008 - 01:35 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by LC_Rachel
            Oh totally Ann. My guests had such a blast- not just the wedding day, but the whole trip, everyone wants to make it an annual thing. They were already talking about Grand Cayman while we were there. I thought it was funny.

Plus it's inspired my grandparents to travel more. We are doing a quick trip to Reno with my parents this summer and my mom said now my grandparents want to come and my aunt too! I was like wow, this trip inspired everyone to have more group trips!

Our wedding did the same thing - since our wedding last February, my family now does everything together - we meet for breakfast every Saturday morning at a local restaurant, we all went camping last August (has been an annual thing for awhile - but now the WHOLE family goes), we went on a shopping trip across the border in November, we are planning another cross-border shopping trip in June, the camping trip again in August this year, and now, a return trip to Puerto Vallarta in February/March next year for our 2nd anniversary.

I can't believe how much closer my family has been since our trip/wedding - it's truly amazing Puerto Vallarta/Las Caletas definitely did a number on all of us!!

Ann and Rachel - you definitely have to go back to LC when you are feeling 100%

Lindsay

#686 Pazoop

Pazoop
            • 223 posts

Posted 08 April 2008 - 01:47 PM

Ann, I crack up a little bit every time your refer to the baby as nugget! It's so original and so adorable! I love it!

Las Caletas Wedding and TTD Slideshow
              Photos by the awesome Nathaniel Thompson

#687 JaimeLynne

JaimeLynne
              • VIP Member
              • 4,791 posts

Posted 08 April 2008 - 01:50 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by AnnR
                I am fairly certain it was something I ate ... I was queasy from about Thurs night (our wedding was Friday) to the next Mon. or so. Not cool! I never actually threw up, though I tried to all night the nighe before the wedding. And I was in the bathroom a lot (eeewww, TMI). The boat ride wasn't as bad as I thought, it was just that crappy feeling all day long that sucked.

I hate that I never got to have the champage and margaritas in the casita, and all that stuff. And there just aren't many (or any?) pictures of me with a huge smile, ya know? That's the hard part!
                What a bummer! Glad you didn't get sick on the boat ride though. You definitely need to go again and have those margaritas/glasses of champagne!
                I came down the a cold prior to me leaving. I was popping pills like crazy and I thought I had it nearly beat by the time I got there. I drank for a few days and that probably helped the bug creep up on my immunity again. During our welcome dinner the night before the wedding, I just felt like crap. My cough got so deep and I couldn't breathe. My family gave me z-pak or whatever it is. $24 in MX for 6 pills! I'm still sick with the cold now that I'm back. I've had it for nearly 3 weeks now. Probably time to see the doctor.
                Pobrecita
                Oh and to comment about the boat ride- I get motion sickness pretty easily in the car or on the plane. The boat didn't bother me at all- I didn't take any dramomine either. My mom did- she was fine. My grandma who was SUPER worried about the boat didn't get sick coming or going. It's not bad at all. The wind does pick up in the afternoon so some commented that when they were coming over for the wedding it was rough. No casualties though. :)
                VERY good to know. My Grandparents are totally freaking out about the boat ride and kind of guilt tripping me too. I am praying that everything goes well so they will see that sometimes you just have to put a little faith out there and LIVE!!!
                My guests STILL talk about how amazing our wedding was - they all say we've ruined them for any other wedding now. It could never live up! And while that wasn't necessarily our goal, it does put a smile on our faces!
                Love that! :)

Quote:
                AAAAAAGH! I am so excited! I am about to hand over my cc number to Nicole to confirm my date! April 24th, 2009...Las Caletas here we come!

Wooohoooo I'm May 24th, 2009 so you're exactly 1 month before me :)

~ Jaime & Martin ~
                "Rain or Swine! 2-0-0-9"

We had 24 people attend our wedding in Las Caletas, Mexico on May 24th, 2009!

We all stayed at The Marriott in P.V., and Honeymooned at The Royal Plantation in Ochos Rios, Jamaica!

#688 Andi

Andi

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                • 3,490 posts

Posted 08 April 2008 - 02:10 PM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by JaimeLynne
                  Wooohoooo I'm May 24th, 2009 so you're exactly 1 month before me :)

COOL! we will totally be able to exchange all the planning details as we get closer because we will be basically be doing everything at the same time! So, when are you sending your STD's?

Attached Files

#689 JaimeLynne

JaimeLynne
                  • VIP Member
                  • 4,791 posts

Posted 08 April 2008 - 02:12 PM

Quote:
                    COOL! we will totally be able to exchange all the planning details as we get closer because we will be basically be doing everything at the same time! So, when are you sending your STD's?

Definitely! :)

I was thinking of sending them out around Mid-Late June/Early July... You?

~ Jaime & Martin ~
                    "Rain or Swine! 2-0-0-9"

We had 24 people attend our wedding in Las Caletas, Mexico on May 24th, 2009!

We all stayed at The Marriott in P.V., and Honeymooned at The Royal Plantation in Ochos Rios, Jamaica!

#690 Andi

Andi

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                    • 3,490 posts

Posted 08 April 2008 - 02:15 PM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by JaimeLynne
                      Definitely! :)

I was thinking of sending them out around Mid-Late June/Early July... You?
                      haha! right around the same time! probably early-mid July

Back to Puerto Vallarta Accommodations & Site

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users