Hi everyone,

In looking for slightly less formal invite wording for our invitations (we want to set a slightly more informal tone), I stumbled across a site that had smart, humorous, but not "cutesy" options. Now that I'm trying to actually write the darn things up, of course, I can't find anything like it and it's driving me NUTS. So I thought I'd ask the search wizards of BDW whether they had any idea what I was talking about. Perhaps I even found the link on here somewhere...?

Anyway, some of the examples were along the lines of, but better than:

Sue "Wedding Schmedding" Smith

and

John "They'll Never Take Me Alive" Doe

Gleefully invite you to witness

the eating of their words.

or

Sue Smith and John Doe

invite you to be there as they pledge to

love, honor, and never go to sleep angry.

Normally, I have no problem coming up with this stuff (I'm a writer by trade, for goodness sakes!), but I've been staring at this invitation for days and am totally, thoroughly, ridiculously blocked. Help?!?

This is ours with the help of some ladies on here:

Because you have shared in our lives

with your friendship and love, we

Lisa Rxxxx Yxxxx

and

James Bxxxxxx Sxxxx Gxxxxx

together with our parents

Invite you to share the beginning of our new life together

when we exchange marriage vows

on Friday, the third of August

Two thousand seven

at Five o’clock in the evening

Dreams Tulum Resort and Spa

Riviera Maya, Mexico

Reception immediately to follow

Please RSVP To

xxxxandxxxxxwedding.com

I agree, the invitation wording is such a PAIN IN THE BUTT!!! This is what we did:

Long Island Boy Meets City Girl

To find out how this story continues, please join us,

Jennifer and Brendan

as we get married on the beach

in Cabo San Lucas, Mexico

at the Hilton Los Cabos Beach & Golf Resort

on the sixth of April

two thousand and eight

at five o'clock in the evening

Dinner and dancing to follow

on the Dolphin Terrace

Thanks, everyone. I've been to VerseIt.com, and it's quirky but the casual ones are a bit too cute, if that makes any sense? Quirky is okay, rhyming is not (am afraid the boy isn't a fan of rhymes). Looking for...geez, I dunno...something a little sly, a little wise, a little honest.

We've been together for over six years, so although the wedding part feels like just a formality to us, everyone else feels it's "about time!"

Despite my fruitless searches, I thought maybe someone on here had posted a link to a collection of invite wordings that matched this, something a little more different than a lot of the sites out there. Ack. Why is this so hard? lol.fryingpan.gif

It's hard because as you plan this wedding you start to feel like EVERYTHING you put out there is a reflection of you & your relationship & you swear it's all being analyzed...but most likely it's not. Isn't this fun? :)

So, I went simple and informal with "The honor of you company is requested as Christa xxXXX and Rafael xxxxxx Say I Do" blah blah blah

my sister said that our invites should have said:lauren XX and keith XX cordially invite you to witness the moment when they stop living in sin.

after searching and searching,we just made ours plain: the parents of blah and the parents of blah invite you to the wedding of blah and blah.

sorry i'm not a big help!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lauren c. View Post
my sister said that our invites should have said:lauren XX and keith XX cordially invite you to witness the moment when they stop living in sin.
after searching and searching,we just made ours plain: the parents of blah and the parents of blah invite you to the wedding of blah and blah.

sorry i'm not a big help!
Your sister's is great! LOVE IT! That's my kind of humor! Gotta love that she actually had that printed & mailed them! Wonderful!smile120.gif