Photo

Reception party back home?

• Please log in to reply
52 replies to this topic

#11 KARLA

KARLA
  • 373 posts

Posted 28 November 2006 - 12:35 PM

We just had one in Austin over Thanksgiving weekend. Overall the party was really fun, but night and day different from Cabo. Pretty much, it was a party for my husband's parents; family and friends. I think the average age was 50. It was definitely unanimous between my husband and I that going to Cabo was the best decision ever! His mom was a mess all weekend long!! I would have been in her shoes if I had planned a traditional wedding... not fun!

#12 EDYTA

EDYTA
    • 1,277 posts

Posted 28 November 2006 - 12:56 PM

Tammy (host) why did yous suck? what didnt you like about it?

#13 NABUMBAH

NABUMBAH
      • VIP Member
      • 931 posts

Posted 28 November 2006 - 02:15 PM

we're not planning on doing an AHR. My parents' close friends are all going to make the trip, and I am spending all that I am willing to spend on the wedding in Cabo.

#14 Janet

Janet
        • VIP Member
        • 7,459 posts

Posted 28 November 2006 - 02:26 PM

We also didn't have one, and I am not sad about that at all. We got married in Cabo to avoid the headache and expense of hosting 200+ ppl in our hometowns, and it worked! :)

#15 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
          • 11,659 posts
          • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 28 November 2006 - 03:01 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by EDYTA
          Tammy (host) why did yous suck? what didnt you like about it?

it just wasnt as fun as cabo...it was bigger and more stressful...and all my parents friends...and a bunch of people i did not know that well or didnt want to invite to cabo...

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.

Awards and recognition: 
          Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
          Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
          Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
          sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
          Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#16 Natalie Z

Natalie Z
          • 1,430 posts

Posted 28 November 2006 - 05:17 PM

We were going to do an AHR but now we aren't! Way to much planning and it would cost us a fortune to have anything here just to rent out a room! My grandparents want to do something for me down where they are from with just my aunts and uncles that won't be able to make it! I don't care about that, but no big party! PITA!! That is why we just invited everyone we would want to come to an AHR to Mexico! If they can make it great if not oh well we understand!

#17 TOESNTHESND

TOESNTHESND
            • 486 posts

Posted 28 November 2006 - 05:42 PM

Thanks girls for all the responses. I was the same way about not having a AHR but then kevin is actually the one who wanted it. I told him my father paying for the wedding in cabo was enough. But then his parents offered to pay for it and my MOH is the WC at the golf course so we decided to do it. The place is very pretty and we dont plan on doing anything too fancy. All of our parents are excited to invite all their work friends, extended family and our co-workers. I just just hope its not too overwhelming

#18 gkashmira

gkashmira
              • 1,962 posts

Posted 29 November 2006 - 01:26 AM

I'm coming into this late - but no AHR for us! Originally we were going to and then we realized that it's just ridiculously expensive and that's why we didn't want to get married here anyway.
                Kashmira & Dan
                Happily married since June 16, 2007
                http://i95.photobuck....a/IMG_0769.jpg
                Our mini-video: http://www.bajavideo...m/Kash_Dan.html
                Photo slideshow: http://www.tomasbarron.com/recent.php

#19 destinationbride07

destinationbride07
                • 631 posts

Posted 29 November 2006 - 02:08 PM

We debated this for some time and decided not to have an at home reception. We spent the money instead on a visit to another island: Maui :)

#20 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
                  • 11,659 posts
                  • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 29 November 2006 - 02:32 PM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by destinationbride07
                  We debated this for some time and decided not to have an at home reception. We spent the money instead on a visit to another island: Maui :)
                  maui will be fun for you!

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.

Awards and recognition: 
                  Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
                  Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
                  Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
                  sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
                  Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users