Your Marriage in 29 Questions

starchild

1. How old are you? 33

2. At what age did you/will you get married? 33

3. Do you have children? just 2 spoiled dogs

4. Did you think you would marry the person you are with now? yep

5. Were you ever engaged or married to someone other than the person you are with now? yes

6. Do you want a garden wedding, beach wedding, or the traditional church wedding? beach

7. Where did you/will you get married? Beaches Turks and Caicos

8. First dance - classic waltz, slow and sexy, or fast and spicy? I would love spicy but I have to get the FI to dance lessons!

9. How many guests did you/will you have? about 15

10. Do you want/did you have an extravagant wedding or a simple wedding? simple

11. Vows - traditional or something you make up on your own? traditional

12. How many layers of cake did you/will you have? 2 or 3 (FI loves cake)

13. Is/was your wedding/reception at a hotel? yes

14. When did you/will you get married - sunrise, mid-day, sunset? sunset

15. Did you/will you have your reception outdoors or indoors? indoors

16. Plan every detail down to the napkins or let someone else decide? I like to have planning control

17. How did/will the bride enter? walk down the beach

18. Song to walk down the aisle to: No clue yet

19. Song to make your exit: no clue

20. Will you/did you have a solemn ceremony or a light one? pretty light

21. At what age did you think you would get married? 33

22. Who to invite - practically everyone or a select few? we invited everyone

23. Wedding menu - fine dining or simply delicious? simply delicious

24. Champagne or red wine? Champagne & Daquiris

25. Honeymoon right after the wedding, awhile after the wedding, or no honeymoon? same place!

26. Was your/will your honeymoon be at a place special to you both or somewhere brand new to you both? brand new

27. Who will pay for the bills? we both paid for everything

28. Living together: Not before marriage or absolutely before marriage? absolutely before

29. Anything else about marriage you'd like to say? Have fun, laugh a lot, and enjoy each others company.

Chrissy

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. How old are you? 23

2. At what age did you/will you get married? 23

3. Do you have children? nope

4. Did you think you would marry the person you are with now? since day 1

5. Were you ever engaged or married to someone other than the person you are with now? no

6. Do you want a garden wedding, beach wedding, or the traditional church wedding? beach

7. Where did you/will you get married? Punta Cana, Dominican Republic

8. First dance - classic waltz, slow and sexy, or fast and spicy? fast and spicy wink.gif

9. How many guests did you/will you have? between 25-35, not sure yet!

10. Do you want/did you have an extravagant wedding or a simple wedding? simple and pretty

11. Vows - traditional or something you make up on your own? traditional, from Spanish to English as per the standard in DR

12. How many layers of cake did you/will you have? 3

13. Is/was your wedding/reception at a hotel? the reception is at an AI, so yes its at a hotel; the AHR is not

14. When did you/will you get married - sunrise, mid-day, sunset? late afternoon

15. Did you/will you have your reception outdoors or indoors? outdoors

16. Plan every detail down to the napkins or let someone else decide? Plan almost everything

17. How did/will the bride enter? down the pathway onto the beach

18. Song to walk down the aisle to: Whatever the mariachi band decides to play I'm cool with!

19. Song to make your exit: Same as above

20. Will you/did you have a solemn ceremony or a light one? As light as we can with a civil ceremony down there!

21. At what age did you think you would get married? 25, but why put off a good thing?

22. Who to invite - practically everyone or a select few? more than a few but not everyone haha

23. Wedding menu - I guess what the menu offers... I think its a nice mix of both!

24. Champagne or red wine? Champagne for the wedding for sure!

25. Honeymoon right after the wedding, awhile after the wedding, or no honeymoon? right away, we stay 2 weeks and the second week is ours!

26. Was your/will your honeymoon be at a place special to you both or somewhere brand new to you both? Special to us in locale, but we have never been to Dreams Punta Cana

27. Who will pay for the bills? Which bills? At home, they are split evenly, and for the wedding we each pay 25% and our parents make up the other 50%

28. Living together: Not before marriage or absolutely before marriage? absolutely, I learned a lot about him this way!

29. Anything else about marriage you'd like to say? Can't wait, but I don't think it will be much different than how we already live... we will just have a document saying we are married!

1. How old are you? 29

2. At what age did you/will you get married? will be 30

3. Do you have children? just my french bulldog Buster

4. Did you think you would marry the person you are with now? yep

5. Were you ever engaged or married to someone other than the person you are with now? no

7. Where did you/will you get married? Melia Cabo Real

8. First dance - classic waltz, slow and sexy, or fast and spicy? slow and sexy

9. How many guests did you/will you have? approx 100 (invited 200)

10. Do you want/did you have an extravagant wedding or a simple wedding? in between

11. Vows - traditional or something you make up on your own? traditional with a bit of uniqueness

12. How many layers of cake did you/will you have? 2 or 3

14. When did you/will you get married - sunrise, mid-day, sunset? just before sunset

16. Plan every detail down to the napkins or let someone else decide? I like to have planning control

18. Song to walk down the aisle to: A river flows in you

19. Song to make your exit: unsure yet

20. Will you/did you have a solemn ceremony or a light one? ?

21. At what age did you think you would get married? 28

22. Who to invite - practically everyone or a select few? we invited almost everyone

24. Champagne or red wine? Champagne

25. Honeymoon right after the wedding, awhile after the wedding, or no honeymoon? wait awhile

26. Was your/will your honeymoon be at a place special to you both or somewhere brand new to you both? brand new

27. Who will pay for the bills? us plus my parents helped

28. Living together: Not before marriage or absolutely before marriage? absolutely before

29. Anything else about marriage you'd like to say? i will comment on this once i get hitched lol

1. How old are you? 24

2. At what age did you/will you get married? 25

3. Do you have children? yes lovely 8 yr old daughter

4. Did you think you would marry the person you are with now? nope but so glad i am

7. Where did you/will you get married? punta cana

8. First dance - classic waltz, slow and sexy, or fast and spicy? probably none of the above since neither of us can dance

9. How many guests did you/will you have? around 50

11. Vows - traditional or something you make up on your own? make our own

12. How many layers of cake did you/will you have? 2 or 3

14. When did you/will you get married - sunrise, mid-day, sunset? just before sunset

15. Did you/will you have your reception outdoors or indoors? indoors AHR

16. Plan every detail down to the napkins or let someone else decide? WC decide everything

18. Song to walk down the aisle to: maybe savage gargen i knew i loved you before i met you

19. Song to make your exit: all you need is love

20. Will you/did you have a solemn ceremony or a light one? very light

21. At what age did you think you would get married? never

22. Who to invite - practically everyone or a select few? anyone who wants to come the more the merrier

24. Champagne or red wine? Champagne

25. Honeymoon right after the wedding, awhile after the wedding, or no honeymoon? right after

27. Who will pay for the bills? both of us

29. Anything else about marriage you'd like to say?i cant wait to marry my love!

1. How old are you? 27

2. At what age did you/will you get married? 27

3. Do you have children? if fur babies count then we have three! One dog and two cats.

4. Did you think you would marry the person you are with now? haha not to begin with!

5. Were you ever engaged or married to someone other than the person you are with now? engaged - yes (and thank god I didn't go through with it!)

7. Where did you/will you get married? Puerto Aventuras, Mexico

8. First dance - classic waltz, slow and sexy, or fast and spicy? fast - and as short as possible

9. How many guests did you/will you have? 26 and counting

11. Vows - traditional or something you make up on your own? probably something we make up, no other words would describe us :)

12. How many layers of cake did you/will you have? 1 - cupcakes!

13. Is/was your wedding/reception at a hotel? at our resort

14. When did you/will you get married - sunrise, mid-day, sunset? mid afternoon

16. Plan every detail down to the napkins or let someone else decide? depends on the item

17. How did/will the bride enter? along the path to the gazebo

18. Song to walk down the aisle to: undecided, but thinking Debussy

19. Song to make your exit: undecided

20. Will you/did you have a solemn ceremony or a light one? light - our families wouldn't make it through otherwise

21. At what age did you think you would get married? 24ish

22. Who to invite - practically everyone or a select few? select few plus a bunch

23. Wedding menu - nothing with fish/seafood! yuck!

24. Champagne or red wine? white wine!

25. Honeymoon right after the wedding, awhile after the wedding, or no honeymoon? 2.5 days of alone time right after... too much sun and I won't come back!

26. Was your/will your honeymoon be at a place special to you both or somewhere brand new to you both? brand new resort but same area that we've been before

27. Who will pay for the bills? Which bills? Technically I make sure they all get paid... but house bills are split 50/50 and personal bills are paid individually.

28. Living together: Not before marriage or absolutely before marriage? definitely yes.

29. Anything else about marriage you'd like to say? I don't like all this waiting around for it to finally be official!

1. How old are you? 27

2. At what age did you/will you get married? 26

3. Do you have children? no

4. Did you think you would marry the person you are with now? after I met him, yes, but he wasn't my "type" first

6. Do you want a garden wedding, beach wedding, or the traditional church wedding? i wanted traditional church, but we're going to have garden

7. Where did you/will you get married? punta cana

8. First dance - classic waltz, slow and sexy, or fast and spicy? slow - norah jones

9. How many guests did you/will you have? 32 but hoping for a few more stragglers!

12. How many layers of cake did you/will you have? not sure, i think 3. we're getting whatever comes in our package.

13. Is/was your wedding/reception at a hotel? at our resort

14. When did you/will you get married - sunrise, mid-day, sunset? mid afternoon

16. Plan every detail down to the napkins or let someone else decide? trying to plan every detail, but you just can't with our WC.

17. How did/will the bride enter? along the path to the gazebo

18. Song to walk down the aisle to: here comes the bride?

19. Song to make your exit: whatever the trio plays

20. Will you/did you have a solemn ceremony or a light one? solemn

21. At what age did you think you would get married? about now

22. Who to invite - practically everyone or a select few? practically everyone

23. Wedding menu - tbd, probably steak and seafood

24. Champagne or red wine? red

25. Honeymoon right after the wedding, awhile after the wedding, or no honeymoon? depends if I get a new job, right now we're planning on two weeks in September

26. Was your/will your honeymoon be at a place special to you both or somewhere brand new to you both? both special and new

27. Who will pay for the bills? Which bills? i do rent, we split up a lot of other stuff

28. Living together: Not before marriage or absolutely before marriage? yes, before marriage

29. Anything else about marriage you'd like to say? I really hope we get our paperwork back from the church to do our catholic wedding!

1. How old are you? 39

2. At what age did you/will you get married? 39

3. Do you have children? no

4. Did you think you would marry the person you are with now? YES!

7. Where did you/will you get married? Ambergris Caye, Belize

8. First dance - classic waltz, slow and sexy, or fast and spicy? slow but not necessarily sexy

9. How many guests did you/will you have? 40

11. Vows - traditional or something you make up on your own? writing our own

12. How many layers of cake did you/will you have? 1 and doing a cupcake treet

14. When did you/will you get married - sunrise, mid-day, sunset? mid-afternoon/sunset

16. Plan every detail down to the napkins or let someone else decide? we are doing almost all of the planning

18. Song to walk down the aisle to? not sure yet

19. Song to make your exit: still deciding

20. Will you/did you have a solemn ceremony or a light one? light

21. At what age did you think you would get married? before now but so glad I waited til I found the ONE :)

22. Who to invite - practically everyone or a select few? practically everyone

23. Wedding menu - seafood, chicken or pork

24. Champagne or red wine? both :)

25. Honeymoon right after the wedding, awhile after the wedding, or no honeymoon? it's going to be a weddingmoon

26. Was your/will your honeymoon be at a place special to you both or somewhere brand new to you both? special

27. Who will pay for the bills? we split them

28. Living together: Not before marriage or absolutely before marriage? yes, before marriage

29. Anything else about marriage you'd like to say? I can't wait!

1. How old are you? 32

2. At what age did you/will you get married? 21 first marriage, 33 second marriage

3. Do you have children? yes 5yr old son from first marriage

4. Did you think you would marry the person you are with now? no not initially - took some time

5. Were you ever engaged or married to someone other than the person you are with now? yes married for 8 yrs back in 1999

7. Where did you/will you get married? First marriage in a church in Calgary, AB- Second marriage PDC,MX - YAY!

8. First dance - classic waltz, slow and sexy, or fast and spicy? none - will be an informal wedding

9. How many guests did you/will you have? First wedding 80, second wedding maybe 20

10. Do you want/did you have an extravagant wedding or a simple wedding? First wedding was the fairytale, second wedding will be simple and informal

11. Vows - traditional or something you make up on your own? Traditional for first wedding, second wedding Im hoping for our own vows

12. How many layers of cake did you/will you have? dont know yet

13. Is/was your wedding/reception at a hotel? second wedding at the hotel resort

14. When did you/will you get married - mid-day first wedding, sunset second wedding

15. Did you/will you have your reception outdoors or indoors? indoor first wedding, outdoor second wedding

16. Plan every detail down to the napkins or let someone else decide? WC will decide - I planned everything for the first wedding- never will do that again

17. How did/will the bride enter? walking onto the sand

18. Song to walk down the aisle to: Breathe by Angels and Airwaves

19. Song to make your exit: Possibly Halo by Beyonce

21. At what age did you think you would get married? 25

22. Who to invite - practically everyone or a select few? a select few

24. Champagne or red wine? neither I hate both....lol

25. Honeymoon right after the wedding, awhile after the wedding, or no honeymoon? right away

27. Who will pay for the bills? we split joint bills down the middle and pay our individual bills separately

28. Living together: Not before marriage or absolutely before marriage? absolutely

29. Anything else about marriage you'd like to say? My relationship with him is so easy......its work....but its never hard.....if your relationship isnt easy...you need to take a step back and look at it.

1. How old are you? 23

2. At what age did you/will you get married? 23

3. Do you have children? nope, but we have two spoiled dogs who we treat like our children :)

4. Did you think you would marry the person you are with now? haha, nope! we met freshmen year in college, and I never would have predicted we would be getting married 6 years later!

6. Do you want a garden wedding, beach wedding, or the traditional church wedding? beach, ever since I was 15 I knew that is what I wanted

7. Where did you/will you get married? Puerto Morelos, Mexico

8. First dance - classic waltz, slow and sexy, or fast and spicy? start off slow and sexy, and then halfway, turn to fast and spicy!

9. How many guests did you/will you have? around 25

10. Do you want/did you have an extravagant wedding or a simple wedding? simple!

11. Vows - traditional or something you make up on your own? a little bit of both

12. How many layers of cake did you/will you have? 1

13. Is/was your wedding/reception at a hotel? yes, Azul Sensatori

14. When did you/will you get married - sunrise, mid-day, sunset? early evening

16. Plan every detail down to the napkins or let someone else decide? plan every detail down to the napkins!

17. How did/will the bride enter? down a wooden ramp onto the beach

18. Song to walk down the aisle to: Here Comes the Bride (a tropical version)

19. Song to make your exit: we haven't decided yet!

20. Will you/did you have a solemn ceremony or a light one? light

21. At what age did you think you would get married? 26 or so? but life has a funny way of working out sometimes :)

22. Who to invite - practically everyone or a select few? somewhere in between

23. Wedding menu - fine dining or simply delicious? simply delicious!

24. Champagne or red wine? blech, neither! we'll toast with sparkling cider, and then have margaritas with dinner, haha

25. Honeymoon right after the wedding, awhile after the wedding, or no honeymoon? a while after the wedding--we need to save for it!

26. Was your/will your honeymoon be at a place special to you both or somewhere brand new to you both? brand new - Europe!

27. Who will pay for the bills? we have a joint bank account for joint bills, and individual accounts for our own stuff (like paying off wedding rings, teehee)

28. Living together: Not before marriage or absolutely before marriage? absolutely, and I'm so glad we did!

29. Anything else about marriage you'd like to say? I'm super excited to get married, but I really don't think anything will really change in our relationship :)

1. How old are you? 30

2. At what age did you/will you get married? 30

3. Do you have children? nope

4. Did you think you would marry the person you are with now? not at first. We have known eachother since I was 13. I used to hate his guts. lol!

7. Where did you/will you get married? Riu resort Paradise Island, Bahamas

8. First dance - classic waltz, slow and sexy, or fast and spicy? slow and but I dont know about sexy. lol groom cant dance.

9. How many guests did you/will you have? from 40-60

12. How many layers of cake did you/will you have? not sure. depends on how many people come

14. When did you/will you get married - sunrise, mid-day, sunset? mid-day

15. Did you/will you have your reception outdoors or indoors? indoors

16. Plan every detail down to the napkins or let someone else decide? dont know yet

17. How did/will the bride enter? onto the aisle in the sand

18. Song to walk down the aisle to: at last, ella fitzgerald

19. Song to make your exit: dont know yet

21. At what age did you think you would get married? 25

22. Who to invite - practically everyone or a select few? almost everyone

24. Champagne or red wine? both!

25. Honeymoon right after the wedding, awhile after the wedding, or no honeymoon? no honeymoon sad.gif FI cant get extra time off

26. Was your/will your honeymoon be at a place special to you both or somewhere brand new to you both? none

27. Who will pay for the bills? both of us pay for it all

29. Anything else about marriage you'd like to say? havent had it yet. but very excited!