starchild

• Moderators
  • 26,161 posts

Posted 30 November 2007 - 11:44 PM

1. How old are you? 28

2. At what age did you/will you get married? 28

3. Do you have children? nope

4. Did you think you would marry the person you are with now? since day 1

5. Were you ever engaged or married to someone other than the person you are with now? no

6. Do you want a garden wedding, beach wedding, or the traditional church wedding? beach

7. Where did you/will you get married? Las Caletas, MX

8. First dance - classic waltz, slow and sexy, or fast and spicy? slow and sexy

9. How many guests did you/will you have? 35

10. Do you want/did you have an extravagant wedding or a simple wedding? simple

11. Vows - traditional or something you make up on your own? our own for the 2nd ceremony in MX, traditional for the 1st and 3rd

12. How many layers of cake did you/will you have? 3

13. Is/was your wedding/reception at a hotel? no

14. When did you/will you get married - sunrise, mid-day, sunset? sunset

15. Did you/will you have your reception outdoors or indoors? outdoors

16. Plan every detail down to the napkins or let someone else decide? let my WC decide (and she did great btw)

17. How did/will the bride enter? down the stairs out of the jungle and onto the aisle in the sand

18. Song to walk down the aisle to: The Air I Breathe by Teena Marie

19. Song to make your exit: Golden Time of Day by Frankie Beverly & Maze

20. Will you/did you have a solemn ceremony or a light one? pretty light

21. At what age did you think you would get married? 25

22. Who to invite - practically everyone or a select few? a select few

23. Wedding menu - fine dining or simply delicious? simply delicious

24. Champagne or red wine? both!

25. Honeymoon right after the wedding, awhile after the wedding, or no honeymoon? right away

26. Was your/will your honeymoon be at a place special to you both or somewhere brand new to you both? brand new - Jamaica!

27. Who will pay for the bills? we split joint bills down the middle and pay our individual bills separately

28. Living together: Not before marriage or absolutely before marriage? absolutely

29. Anything else about marriage you'd like to say? My husband kicks ass and marriage is way better than they say :P

#2 MelissaH

MelissaH
    • 1,724 posts

Posted 01 December 2007 - 12:26 AM

1. How old are you? 25

2. At what age did you/will you get married? 24

3. Do you have children? Not yet...we're hopin'!

4. Did you think you would marry the person you are with now? At first I thought he wasn't that into me and it wouldn't last that long LOL but I guess I was wrong

5. Were you ever engaged or married to someone other than the person you are with now? Yea but I was really young and dumb

6. Do you want a garden wedding, beach wedding, or the traditional church wedding? beach

7. Where did you/will you get married? Riviera Maya, MX

8. First dance - classic waltz, slow and sexy, or fast and spicy? slow and sexy

9. How many guests did you/will you have? 42

10. Do you want/did you have an extravagant wedding or a simple wedding? very simple

11. Vows - traditional or something you make up on your own? our own for sure! reading our own vows to each other was the best part of the wedding i think!

12. How many layers of cake did you/will you have? just 1...we were all stuffed from the yummy dessert that no one had room for cake anyway hah

13. Is/was your wedding/reception at a hotel? yup

14. When did you/will you get married - sunrise, mid-day, sunset? 3pm...so kinda between mid-day & sunset

15. Did you/will you have your reception outdoors or indoors? indoors - too many guests who didn't want to be in the heat all day...that really sucked

16. Plan every detail down to the napkins or let someone else decide? I let my WC decide alot, she was awesome

17. How did/will the bride enter? off the golf cart, through the tiny covered chapel thing, then down the aisle with mom & dad on either side of me

18. Song to walk down the aisle to: i'm not sure - i asked the band to play something soft and pretty, but not the wedding march...it was really nice but i'm not sure what it was :)

19. Song to make your exit: again i'm not sure LOL I really let the band just do their own thing - they were awesome! I know at the end of it there was a lot of hootin' & hollerin' though :P

21. At what age did you think you would get married? around 30ish (if i got married at all!)

22. Who to invite - practically everyone or a select few? practically everyone...i felt too guilty leaving too many people out!

24. Champagne or red wine? gimme the bubbly! red wine gives me a headache

25. Honeymoon right after the wedding, awhile after the wedding, or no honeymoon? right away

26. Was your/will your honeymoon be at a place special to you both or somewhere brand new to you both? a special place - the same place we got married!

27. Who will pay for the bills? my parents paid for the ceremony but we paid for everything else

28. Living together: Not before marriage or absolutely before marriage? absolutely...i'd hate to find out we couldn't live together after the deed was done!

29. Anything else about marriage you'd like to say? My husband kicks ass and marriage is way better than they say :P <---I agree!

#3 Heidi

Heidi
      • 2,642 posts

Posted 01 December 2007 - 12:29 AM

1. How old are you? 27

2. At what age did you/will you get married? 27

3. Do you have children? no

4. Did you think you would marry the person you are with now? yeppers

5. Were you ever engaged or married to someone other than the person you are with now?no

6. Do you want a garden wedding, beach wedding, or the traditional church wedding? on the beach with the palm trees & ocean!

7. Where did you/will you get married? Ocho Rios, Jamaica

8. First dance - classic waltz, slow and sexy, or fast and spicy? fast and spicy

9. How many guests did you/will you have? still being tabulated. Probably 20-30ish

11. Vows - traditional or something you make up on your own? not traditional!

12. How many layers of cake did you/will you have? who knows?! Whatever the hotel give us

13. Is/was your wedding/reception at a hotel? yes

14. When did you/will you get married - sunrise, mid-day, sunset? 4pm

15. Did you/will you have your reception outdoors or indoors? indoors, but the restaurant is open to the beach

16. Plan every detail down to the napkins or let someone else decide? a little from column A, a little from column B (read 'control freak')

17. How did/will the bride enter? TBD!

18. Song to walk down the aisle to: Canon in D

19. Song to make your exit: TBD, 'One Love' maybe??

20. Will you/did you have a solemn ceremony or a light one? TBD

22. Who to invite - practically everyone or a select few? select few

24. Champagne or red wine? both

25. Honeymoon right after the wedding, awhile after the wedding, or no honeymoon? right away and at the same place

26. Was your/will your honeymoon be at a place special to you both or somewhere brand new to you both? neither of us have ever been to Jamaica, so brand new!

27. Who will pay for the bills? both

28. Living together: Not before marriage or absolutely before marriage? we'll see what happens in the next few months, but right now we do not live together.

29. Anything else about marriage you'd like to say? I can't wait!
        Married April 4, 2008 at the Riu Ocho Rios!

#4 Jessica

Jessica
        • VIP Member
        • 11,939 posts

Posted 01 December 2007 - 12:37 AM

1. How old are you? 29

2. At what age did you/will you get married? 29

3. Do you have children? one on the way

4. Did you think you would marry the person you are with now? i never thought i'd marry anyone!

5. Were you ever engaged or married to someone other than the person you are with now? yes, but my heart so wasn't in it. it's a long story.

6. Do you want a garden wedding, beach wedding, or the traditional church wedding? had a beach weding

7. Where did you/will you get married? Magen's Bay Beach, Saint Thomas

8. First dance - classic waltz, slow and sexy, or fast and spicy? no dancing

9. How many guests did you/will you have? 20

11. Vows - traditional or something you make up on your own? non-religious vows

12. How many layers of cake did you/will you have? no formal wedding cake, but we did have rum cake.

13. Is/was your wedding/reception at a hotel? no

16. Plan every detail down to the napkins or let someone else decide? i planned it all

17. How did/will the bride enter? ummm, no big entrance, just walked down the aisle with my dad.

18. Song to walk down the aisle to: traditional wedding march

19. Song to make your exit: i have no idea. honestly, i didn't really care about the music, i told the steel drum player to play whatever he wants!

20. Will you/did you have a solemn ceremony or a light one? light and funny

21. At what age did you think you would get married? never

24. Champagne or red wine? beer and other mixed drinks

26. Was your/will your honeymoon be at a place special to you both or somewhere brand new to you both? brand new

27. Who will pay for the bills? we pretty much share. whoever has the money and pays it first. now mostly brian just because i'm hardly working

28. Living together: Not before marriage or absolutely before marriage? absolutely

29. Anything else about marriage you'd like to say? i still don't totally see what all the hype is about or why some ladies feel the need to puh their S.O towards marriage. don't get me wrong, i love being married to my husband, but to me, that piece of paper doesn't make or break the strong relationship we already have. we would have been terrific without it.

#5 Dbell

Dbell
          • 455 posts

Posted 01 December 2007 - 12:40 AM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1. How old are you? 45

2. At what age did you/will you get married? 26

3. Do you have children? Yes, daughter - 13, son - 4

4. Did you think you would marry the person you are with now? Yes

5. Were you ever engaged or married to someone other than the person you are with now? No

6. Do you want a garden wedding, beach wedding, or the traditional church wedding? Beach vow renewal - 20 year anniversary

7. Where did you/will you get married? Pittsburgh, Pa

8. First dance - classic waltz, slow and sexy, or fast and spicy? Temptations song

9. How many guests did you/will you have? 150

10. Do you want/did you have an extravagant wedding or a simple wedding? It was simple, but the vow renewal will be more of what we wantede the original wedding to be

11. Vows - traditional or something you make up on your own? Ceremonial.

12. How many layers of cake did you/will you have? 2

13. Is/was your wedding/reception at a hotel? No, it was at a church

14. When did you/will you get married - sunrise, mid-day? July 16, 1988, again in July, 2008, Dreams Cancun midday

15. Did you/will you have your reception outdoors or indoors? Outdoors on the terrace.

16. Plan every detail down to the napkins or let someone else decide? I did everything except hotel negotiations

17. How did/will the bride enter? Walking to the wedding.

18. Song to walk down the aisle to: Undecided

19. Song to make your exit: Undecided

20. Will you/did you have a solemn ceremony or a light one? Light

21. At what age did you think you would get married? Unsure

22. Who to invite - practically everyone or a select few? Almost everyone.

23. Wedding menu - Undecided

24. Champagne or red wine? Most likely champagne or wine

25. Honeymoon right after the wedding, awhile after the wedding, or no honeymoon? Been on honeymoon for 20 years, just enjoying family and friends.

26. Was your/will your honeymoon be at a place special to you both or somewhere brand new to you both? vacation spot

27. Who will pay for the bills? The husband, of course!!

28. Living together: We did live together

29. Anything else about marriage you'd like to say? Simply Lovin it!

#6 cmw

cmw
            • 108 posts

Posted 01 December 2007 - 01:24 AM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1. How old are you? 27

2. At what age did you/will you get married? 28

3. Do you have children? no

4. Did you think you would marry the person you are with now? without a doubt!!!

5. Were you ever engaged or married to someone other than the person you are with now?no

6. Do you want a garden wedding, beach wedding, or the traditional church wedding? gazebo overlooking the ocean!!

7. Where did you/will you get married? Dreams Resort and Spa, Cancun

8. First dance - classic waltz, slow and sexy, or fast and spicy? Slow and sexy......Lets stay together by AL Green

9. How many guests did you/will you have? around 90

10. Do you want/did you have an extravagant wedding or a simple wedding? a little of both

11. Vows - traditional or something you make up on your own? not traditional!

12. How many layers of cake did you/will you have? who knows?! Whatever the hotel give us

13. Is/was your wedding/reception at a hotel? yes

14. When did you/will you get married - sunrise, mid-day, sunset? 4pm

16. Plan every detail down to the napkins or let someone else decide? YUP!! ME

17. How did/will the bride enter? with my father

18. Song to walk down the aisle to: Canon in D

19. Song to make your exit: no idea yet

20. Will you/did you have a solemn ceremony or a light one? ??

22. Who to invite - practically everyone or a select few? practically everyone

23. Wedding menu - fine dining or simply delicious? fine dining

24. Champagne or red wine? both

26. Was your/will your honeymoon be at a place special to you both or somewhere brand new to you?th? brand new!!
              7. Who will pay for the bills? both

28. Living together: Not before marriage or absolutely before marriage? we have lived together for 2 1/2 years

29. Anything else about marriage you'd like to say? 4 months and counting till I marry my soul mate!!!!!

#7 Sharonie

Sharonie
              • 557 posts

Posted 01 December 2007 - 01:57 AM

1. How old are you? 29

2. At what age did you/will you get married? 30

3. Do you have children? nope

4. Did you think you would marry the person you are with now? yep

5. Were you ever engaged or married to someone other than the person you are with now? no

7. Where did you/will you get married? Ocho Rios, Jamaica

8. First dance - classic waltz, slow and sexy, or fast and spicy? slow and sexy then maybe fast and spicy

9. How many guests did you/will you have? btw 20 and 50 (how many booked vs. how many interested)

11. Vows - traditional or something you make up on your own? our own

12. How many layers of cake did you/will you have? 3

13. Is/was your wedding/reception at a hotel? yes, an AI resort

15. Did you/will you have your reception outdoors or indoors? open air restaurant on the water

16. Plan every detail down to the napkins or let someone else decide? let my WC decide

17. How did/will the bride enter? get out of a boat onto a private island and onto the aisle

18. Song to walk down the aisle to: still looking

19. Song to make your exit: haven't decided

21. At what age did you think you would get married? 30

24. Champagne or red wine? both!

26. Was your/will your honeymoon be at a place special to you both or somewhere brand new to you both? brand new - Jamaica!

27. Who will pay for the bills? we will pay ourselves

29. Anything else about marriage you'd like to say? Looking forward to it..

#8 starchild

starchild

• Moderators
                • 26,161 posts

Posted 01 December 2007 - 02:02 AM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by MoBride

24. Champagne or red wine? We toasted with Red Stripe!
                  That is too cool, you win best toast in my book!

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by Dbell

25. Honeymoon right after the wedding, awhile after the wedding, or no honeymoon? Been on honeymoon for 20 years, just enjoying family and friends.
                  Love that! After 20 years that's wonderful to hear, congrats to you both :o)

#9 starchild

starchild

• Moderators
                  • 26,161 posts

Posted 01 December 2007 - 02:09 AM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by JessicaLovesBrian
                    29. Anything else about marriage you'd like to say? i still don't totally see what all the hype is about or why some ladies feel the need to puh their S.O towards marriage. don't get me wrong, i love being married to my husband, but to me, that piece of paper doesn't make or break the strong relationship we already have. we would have been terrific without it.
                    So true, the without the paper we would still be us. We were commonlaw before the ceremony anyways. But marriage gets such a bad wrap sometimes that I think it is far better than some people think. I have a friend pushing for marriage too, and a friend pushing for a baby. They are so focused on "the plan" that it seems they aren't just enjoying being together, so I hear you on that. Sometimes you gotta just let it be.

#10 starchild

starchild

• Moderators
                    • 26,161 posts

Posted 01 December 2007 - 02:15 AM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by JessicaLovesBrian
                      So true, the without the paper we would still be us. We were commonlaw before the ceremony anyways. But marriage gets such a bad wrap sometimes that I think it is far better than some people think. I have a friend pushing for marriage too, and a friend pushing for a baby. They are so focused on "the plan" that it seems they aren't just enjoying being together, so I hear you on that. Sometimes you gotta just let it be.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users