Your Marriage in 29 Questions

starchild

1. How old are you? 35

2. At what age did you/will you get married? 35

3. Do you have children? not yet

4. Did you think you would marry the person you are with now? after a couple of weeks of dating Jay, I knew he was my husband or would be

5. Were you ever engaged or married to someone other than the person you are with now? I was married before and Jay was engaged before

6. Do you want a garden wedding, beach wedding, or the traditional church wedding? We had a beautiful beach wedding

7. Where did you/will you get married? Tulum, Mexico

8. First dance - classic waltz, slow and sexy, or fast and spicy? short and stumbly..lol..we tried briefly to dance on the sand...didn't last long

9. How many guests did you/will you have? 0

10. Do you want/did you have an extravagant wedding or a simple wedding? simple

11. Vows - traditional or something you make up on your own? both...we had traditional vows then our judge asked us to speak to each other from our hearts so we did

12. How many layers of cake did you/will you have? 2 I think

13. Is/was your wedding/reception at a hotel? at Dreams Tulm

14. When did you/will you get married - sunrise, mid-day, sunset? morning

15. Did you/will you have your reception outdoors or indoors? mini reception out doors...our AHR was indoors at a Mexican Restaurant

16. Plan every detail down to the napkins or let someone else decide? did some details and let others just happen

17. How did/will the bride enter? walking down the sandy aisle barefoot on rose petals

18. Song to walk down the aisle to: Nothing but the sound of crashing waves and birds singing

19. Song to make your exit: Can't Help Falling in Love by Elvis

20. Will you/did you have a solemn ceremony or a light one? it was a mix

21. At what age did you think you would get married? 25

22. Who to invite - practically everyone or a select few? nobody

23. Wedding menu - fine dining or simply delicious? surf and turf for our bridal luncheon and fine mexican cusine for our bridal dinner

24. Champagne or red wine? champange and tequila

25. Honeymoon right after the wedding, awhile after the wedding, or no honeymoon? immediately after the ceremony

26. Was your/will your honeymoon be at a place special to you both or somewhere brand new to you both? Mexico is a place we both loved before our wedding and Tulum is where we had a very romontic time during our 2006 vacation

27. Who will pay for the bills? both of us

28. Living together: Not before marriage or absolutely before marriage? depends on the couple. we started living together a couple of months after we were engaged

29. Anything else about marriage you'd like to say? Being married to my husband is a dream come true! I can't wait to see what happens next.

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. How old are you? 23

2. At what age did you/will you get married? 24

3. Do you have children? nope

4. Did you think you would marry the person you are with now? i knew after a week of meeting him

5. Were you ever engaged or married to someone other than the person you are with now? no

6. Do you want a garden wedding, beach wedding, or the traditional church wedding? beach

7. Where did you/will you get married? Riviera Maya, Mexico. Dreams Tulum

8. First dance - classic waltz, slow and sexy, or fast and spicy? slow and sexy

9. How many guests did you/will you have? inviting 50

11. Vows - traditional or something you make up on your own? traditional

12. How many layers of cake did you/will you have? unsure right now

13. Is/was your wedding/reception at a hotel? Dreams Tulum

14. When did you/will you get married - sunrise, mid-day, sunset? sunset

15. Did you/will you have your reception outdoors or indoors? outdoors

16. Plan every detail down to the napkins or let someone else decide? a little of both!

17. How did/will the bride enter? down a path to the sand with my father!!

18. Song to walk down the aisle to: Canon I believe

19. Song to make your exit: not sure

20. Will you/did you have a solemn ceremony or a light one? light

21. At what age did you think you would get married? 25

22. Who to invite - practically everyone or a select few? a select few

23. Wedding menu - fine dining or simply delicious? simply delicious

24. Champagne or red wine? both, of course!

25. Honeymoon right after the wedding, awhile after the wedding, or no honeymoon? right away

26. Was your/will your honeymoon be at a place special to you both or somewhere brand new to you both? brand new--having it at Dreams Tulum, but of course we are making sure we stay a little longer than our guests so we can be alone!!

27. Who will pay for the bills? we pay together

28. Living together: Not before marriage or absolutely before marriage? absolutely

29. Anything else about marriage you'd like to say? i can't wait for our special day to get here!!!

1. How old are you? 25

2. At what age did you/will you get married? 25

3. Do you have children? I don’t have any children, Ted has a son.

4. Did you think you would marry the person you are with now? After about a month of knowing him.

5. Were you ever engaged or married to someone other than the person you are with now? No.

6. Do you want a garden wedding, beach wedding, or the traditional church wedding? Beach

7. Where did you/will you get married? Monterey, CA

8. First dance - classic waltz, slow and sexy, or fast and spicy? Slow and Sexy

9. How many guests did you/will you have? Approx 125-150

10. Do you want/did you have an extravagant wedding or a simple wedding? Simple

11. Vows - traditional or something you make up on your own? Traditional

12. How many layers of cake did you/will you have? 3

13. Is/was your wedding/reception at a hotel? No.

14. When did you/will you get married - sunrise, mid-day, sunset? Sunset- 6pm.

15. Did you/will you have your reception outdoors or indoors? Indoors

16. Plan every detail down to the napkins or let someone else decide? Planned every detail with the help of my mom.

17. How did/will the bride enter? Coming out of the reception hall door and straight to the beach.

18. Song to walk down the aisle to: Somewhere Over the Rainbow Hawaiian Version (..I would love to find one with just the instrumental though)

19. Song to make your exit: Not Sure yet

20. Will you/did you have a solemn ceremony or a light one? Pretty Light

21. At what age did you think you would get married? Around 26-28 years old

22. Who to invite - practically everyone or a select few? Practically everyone

23. Wedding menu - fine dining or simply delicious? Simply delicious

24. Champagne or red wine? Champagne

25. Honeymoon right after the wedding, awhile after the wedding, or no honeymoon? Right after

26. Was your/will your honeymoon be at a place special to you both or somewhere brand new to you both? Oahu

27. Who will pay for the bills? My Parents mainly

28. Living together: Not before marriage or absolutely before marriage? Before marriage.

29. Anything else about marriage you'd like to say? I love my fiancé and cant wait for the time when I can call him my husband.

1. How old are you? 22

2. At what age did you/will you get married? 23

3. Do you have children? nope... but someday!

4. Did you think you would marry the person you are with now? within our first month of dating... it took him a little longer though

5. Were you ever engaged or married to someone other than the person you are with now? Nope... first timer!

6. Do you want a garden wedding, beach wedding, or the traditional church wedding? Beach wedding... toes in the sand, waves nearby and palm trees overhead!

7. Where did you/will you get married? Ocho Rios, Jamaica

8. First dance - classic waltz, slow and sexy, or fast and spicy? Still TBD

9. How many guests did you/will you have? how knows... anywhere from 30-70 people (?)...

10. Do you want/did you have an extravagant wedding or a simple wedding? Simple! (and low-stress)

11. Vows - traditional or something you make up on your own? Traditional plus the sand ceremony.

12. How many layers of cake did you/will you have? still TBD... whatever the resort gives us

13. Is/was your wedding/reception at a hotel? Yep... the ceremony and reception will be at the resort that all of our guests and ourselves will be celebrating at for the week!

14. When did you/will you get married - sunrise, mid-day, sunset? still TBD... hopefully mid-day to sunset

15. Did you/will you have your reception outdoors or indoors? I would love for it to be on the beach... but still determining if its in teh budget... so TBD

16. Plan every detail down to the napkins or let someone else decide? I was hoping to be low-key, low planning... but I'm turning into a planning freak!

17. How did/will the bride enter? still TBD!

18. Song to walk down the aisle to: Still TBD... I would love Canon in D... but possibly having steel drum bands so we'll see.

19. Song to make your exit: still TBD

20. Will you/did you have a solemn ceremony or a light one? Light and fun

21. At what age did you think you would get married? I had no idea

22. Who to invite - practically everyone or a select few? in between... family and good friends

23. Wedding menu - fine dining or simply delicious? simply delicous

24. Champagne or red wine? fruity tropical drinks!

25. Honeymoon right after the wedding, awhile after the wedding, or no honeymoon? Right after the wedding... same resort... with the friends and fam! Maybe our own a few years down the road?

26. Was your/will your honeymoon be at a place special to you both or somewhere brand new to you both? Some place new and exotic

27. Who will pay for the bills? For the wedding?... a bit from the parents, but mostly student loans! For after... joint effort!.

28. Living together: Not before marriage or absolutely before marriage? Defintely before... you learn a lot about someone when living with them. I can't imagine not being with him!

29. Anything else about marriage you'd like to say? Nope

1. How old are you? 30

2. At what age did you/will you get married? 30

3. Do you have children? Not yet

4. Did you think you would marry the person you are with now? When I first met him, within an hour of talking with him I actually thought to myself "he's going to make some woman very lucky one day, he will be a great husband". I had no idea that the woman would be me.

5. Were you ever engaged or married to someone other than the person you are with now? No

6. Do you want a garden wedding, beach wedding, or the traditional church wedding? Beach wedding, I want to see the ocean and hear the waves, feel the sand between my toes and be surrounded by palm trees and my closest friends and family.

7. Where did you/will you get married? Las Caletas, Puerto Vallarta, Mexico

8. First dance - classic waltz, slow and sexy, or fast and spicy? Slow and sexy

9. How many guests did you/will you have? About 25

10. Do you want/did you have an extravagant wedding or a simple wedding? Simple, yet still encompass some of the tradional aspects of a larger wedding at home.

11. Vows - traditional or something you make up on your own? Traditional, our own vows as well as the sand and hand ceremony.

12. How many layers of cake did you/will you have? 2 layers, with fresh flowers and a starfish on top :)

13. Is/was your wedding/reception at a hotel? No, it is at Las Caletas, a location you can only get to by boat. We will have a private ceremony and reception on the beach.

14. When did you/will you get married - sunrise, mid-day, sunset? Near sunset, want to have light left for pics.

15. Did you/will you have your reception outdoors or indoors? Outdoors

16. Plan every detail down to the napkins or let someone else decide? I guess I would fall somewhere in between. I've done some planning in regards to decor but have not covered every single detail. From pictures of previous weddings at Las Caletas, the wedding coordinators definately know what they are doing. Besides, I don't think I could possibly remember or think of each detail.

17. How did/will the bride enter? Down a staircase onto the beach with my father. At the end of the stairs my mom will meet us so both my parents can give me away.

18. Song to walk down the aisle to: Fly by Sarah Groves and my BM's will walk to Nothing else Matters by Lucie Silvas.

19. Song to make your exit: Somewhere over the Rainbow by Israel Kamakawiwo

20. Will you/did you have a solemn ceremony or a light one? I'm hoping its light and not considered solemn.

21. At what age did you think you would get married? Around this age, I always hoped to be married at 30years old but it was never a pressing issue, it just happened this way.

22. Who to invite - practically everyone or a select few? A select few.

23. Wedding menu - fine dining or simply delicious? Simply delicous. It is buffet style so surely there will be something to please everyone.

24. Champagne or red wine? Tropical drinks, wine, beer, whatever your heart desires...

25. Honeymoon right after the wedding, awhile after the wedding, or no honeymoon? Right after the wedding, at the same resort.

26. Was your/will your honeymoon be at a place special to you both or somewhere brand new to you both? A new place place, I've never seen the pacific ocean before and have never been to Puerto Vallarta. I was drawn to the ocean surrounded by mountains and jungle.

27. Who will pay for the bills? For the wedding? Some help from my parents but for the most part all by ourselves. We are not even having a wedding shower, stag and doe or expecting gifts from our guests.

28. Living together: Not before marriage or absolutely before marriage? Before marriage, I would never commit my life to someone without knowing if we could live together peacefully.

29. Anything else about marriage you'd like to say? As much as I'm looking forward to our wedding, I'm a bit scared. It is a huge commitment. But I think I'm prepared because I know marriage is not a fairytale and is something you need to work on to make work. I love my FH so much and he is such a great person that I know I've made the right decision.

• 4 months later...

1. How old are you? 28 (turning 20 in September, feel like Iâ€m 25!)

2. At what age did you/will you get married? 29

3. Do you have children? no

4. Did you think you would marry the person you are with now? Not right away

5. Were you ever engaged or married to someone other than the person you are with now? no

6. Do you want a garden wedding, beach wedding, or the traditional church wedding? Beach/garden – my ceremony is on grass overlooking the ocean.

7. Where did you/will you get married? Coco Reef Resort, Bermuda

8. First dance - classic waltz, slow and sexy, or fast and spicy? slow and sexy then a touch of fast and spicy

9. How many guests did you/will you have? 85

10. Do you want/did you have an extravagant wedding or a simple wedding? Simple with some extravagant touches

11. Vows - traditional or something you make up on your own? Traditional (I have dreamed of saying those vows since I was a little girl!)

13. Is/was your wedding/reception at a hotel? Yes

14. When did you/will you get married - sunrise, mid-day, sunset? Ceremony right before sunset, first dance during sunset

15. Did you/will you have your reception outdoors or indoors? outdoors

16. Plan every detail down to the napkins or let someone else decide? Its all me

17. How did/will the bride enter? still figuring out .. golf cart to ceremony maybe

18. Song to walk down the aisle to: Somewhere Over the Rainbow

19. Song to make your exit: still figuring out

20. Will you/did you have a solemn ceremony or a light one? pretty light

21. At what age did you think you would get married? 27

22. Who to invite - practically everyone or a select few? everyone

24. Champagne or red wine? both!

25. Honeymoon right after the wedding, awhile after the wedding, or no honeymoon? Awhile after

26. Was your/will your honeymoon be at a place special to you both or somewhere brand new to you both? brand new – St Lucia

27. Who will pay for the bills? Its all us

28. Living together: Not before marriage or absolutely before marriage? absolutely

29. Anything else about marriage you'd like to say? Canâ€t wait!

• 2 weeks later...

1. How old are you? 24...will be 25 Aug 19th

2. At what age did you/will you get married? 24

3. Do you have children? nope

4. Did you think you would marry the person you are with now? already did

5. Were you ever engaged or married to someone other than the person you are with now? nope

6. Do you want a garden wedding, beach wedding, or the traditional church wedding? I got the beach wedding that I wanted

7. Where did you/will you get married? Ocho Rios, Jamaica

8. First dance - classic waltz, slow and sexy, or fast and spicy? slow and sexy

9. How many guests did you/will you have? we had 16 guests not including us

11. Vows - traditional or something you make up on your own? our own

12. How many layers of cake did you/will you have? we had 2 I think

13. Is/was your wedding/reception at a hotel? yes, an AI resort

14. When did you/will you get married - sunrise, mid-day, sunset? mid-day

15. Did you/will you have your reception outdoors or indoors? open air restaurant on the water

16. Plan every detail down to the napkins or let someone else decide? not really alot of details to plan

17. How did/will the bride enter? My mother walked me down the aisle

18. Song to walk down the aisle to: "How Deeply I need You" by the Shenikah Glory Ministries

19. Song to make your exit: "Heaven Sent" by Keyshia Cole

20. Will you/did you have a solemn ceremony or a light one? Not really sure what you mean by this question. Our ceremony was light, happy (with some tears), funny, and amusing...just like us

21. At what age did you think you would get married? Never really had those marriage type thoughts...I guess I assumed by 28

22. Who to invite - practically everyone or a select few? Invite everyone knowing that only a select few would show up... Or just invite the ones who I thought would show up and then hope someone comes...lol

24. Champagne or red wine? both!

25. Honeymoon right after the wedding, awhile after the wedding, or no honeymoon? right away

26. Was your/will your honeymoon be at a place special to you both or somewhere brand new to you both? brand new - Ocho Rios, Jamaica!

27. Who will pay for the bills? we paid for it ourselves

28. Living together: Not before marriage or absolutely before marriage? We've been living together since we graduated from college since May 2006

29. Anything else about marriage you'd like to say? So far it has been great, granted it has only been 3 weeks...but it hasn't really felt a whole lot different from before we got married.

1. How old are you?

2. At what age did you/will you get married?

3. Do you have children?

nope, unless you count the dog

4. Did you think you would marry the person you are with now? hell no. I couldn't stand him when I first met him, then we were inseperable, then I thought he'd never ask, and then he popped the question!

5. Were you ever engaged or married to someone other than the person you are with now?

nope

6. Do you want a garden wedding, beach wedding, or the traditional church wedding?

I WANT the beach wedding, but I'm gonna have to settle for a garden wedding. Or knowing the weather in NF, an indoor wedding overlooking a foggy garden.

7. Where did you/will you get married?

St. John's, Newfoundland

8. First dance - classic waltz, slow and sexy, or fast and spicy? undecided

9. How many guests did you/will you have?

we're looking to invite approx. 50 (I'm kinda nervous about the whole public speaking thing...)

10. Do you want/did you have an extravagant wedding or a simple wedding?

simple

11. Vows - traditional or something you make up on your own? not sure yet

12. How many layers of cake did you/will you have?

probably 3 different cakes instead of one layered cake

13. Is/was your wedding/reception at a hotel?

nope, building in a public park

14. When did you/will you get married - sunrise, mid-day, sunset? mid-day

15. Did you/will you have your reception outdoors or indoors? indoors

16. Plan every detail down to the napkins or let someone else decide? oooh, I'm a type A girl, so I'm planning everything, even if someone else is taking care of it!

17. How did/will the bride enter?

Hopefully on her two feet and not tripping

18. Song to walk down the aisle to:

well if FI had even stopped to consider we might need ceremony music and booked the DJ for that time too!! smile105.gif

I haven't thought too much about it yet

19. Song to make your exit:

I love JustMartha's idea (and someone else's too) of "slightly" editing "Beautiful Day" from U2 for the recessional song. I also like "You and Me" from The Wannadies

20. Will you/did you have a solemn ceremony or a light one? Very light. My gad, I'm gonna be crying enough, let's make it as light as we can get.

21. At what age did you think you would get married?

Remember when you were a little girl in elementary school who did all those silly "tests" to see when you would get married, where you would live, how many kids you'd have, what your career would be? So I was supposed to be living in a mansion, married at 25 with 3 kids, working in the travel industry. Oh, and the test said I'd have a few years of being married before I have kids.

Yeah, so I didn't really believe the tests, seeing how none of it has come true, but I kinda used them as a guideline. Not a hard and fast rule.

22. Who to invite - practically everyone or a select few?

I would prefer a select few, again with the fear of public speaking, but FI wants to invite just about everyone he knows. Ugh.

23. Wedding menu - fine dining or simply delicious?

fine dining

24. Champagne or red wine?

Champagne

25. Honeymoon right after the wedding, awhile after the wedding, or no honeymoon?

right away

26. Was your/will your honeymoon be at a place special to you both or somewhere brand new to you both?

brand new, we're just gonna get in the car and drive across the island. Or maybe head to St. Pierre!

27. Who will pay for the bills?

Well unless someone in my family wins the lotto, FI and I are paying for everything in life.

28. Living together: Not before marriage or absolutely before marriage? Seriously, if you're not living together before you're married, what decade are you living in? We've been living together for 5 years, together for 6, and have owned a house for 3 years.

29. Anything else about marriage you'd like to say?

I always thought it was just a peace of paper, nothing more. Since I've been engaged (all of 4 1/2 months), I've realized that marriage (to me) is a promise that FI will always be there to love and respect me and to be my team player with all the events that will happen to us in life. Like having a family, etc. I'm looking forward to our new beginning together pinkie.gif

1. How old are you? 35

2. At what age did you/will you get married? 36

3. Do you have children? yes, but they are dogs lol

4. Did you think you would marry the person you are with now? No way

5. Were you ever engaged or married to someone other than the person you are with now?

yes

6. Do you want a garden wedding, beach wedding, or the traditional church wedding?

I just want to be away to do it

7. Where did you/will you get married?

Dreams Cancun, Mexico

8. First dance - classic waltz, slow and sexy, or fast and spicy? Not having one

9. How many guests did you/will you have?

We asked over 20 - 5 have booked which is too many if you ask me lol

10. Do you want/did you have an extravagant wedding or a simple wedding?

simple to the point of the basics

11. Vows - traditional or something you make up on your own? brief, simple and non religious

12. How many layers of cake did you/will you have?

if we get a cake it'll be one layer

13. Is/was your wedding/reception at a hotel?

yes

14. When did you/will you get married - sunrise, mid-day, sunset? 4pm

15. Did you/will you have your reception outdoors or indoors? indoors, mostly for my aunt

16. Plan every detail down to the napkins or let someone else decide? Let someone else have the stress,as long as I have the basics I don't really care lol

17. How did/will the bride enter?

No idea, but hopefully not running for the hills lol

18. Song to walk down the aisle to:

No idea yet but something quirky if we do it

19. Song to make your exit:

Not having one

20. Will you/did you have a solemn ceremony or a light one? Very light can't be doing with all the sentiment stuff its just not me

21. At what age did you think you would get married?

Didn't think I ever would again.

22. Who to invite - practically everyone or a select few?

I didn't want to invite anyone but FI wanted loads so I said he could only invite 10 lol

23. Wedding menu - fine dining or simply delicious?

the Gold menu at Dreams

24. Champagne or red wine?

Neither can't stand it

25. Honeymoon right after the wedding, awhile after the wedding, or no honeymoon?

right away - sharing it with the family!! great!!

26. Was your/will your honeymoon be at a place special to you both or somewhere brand new to you both?

same place as wedding

27. Who will pay for the bills?

Just us

28. Living together: Not before marriage or absolutely before marriage? He moved into my house and its a must - mind u i did that the last time 2 lmao I never learn!

29. Anything else about marriage you'd like to say?

Nothing thats printable lol We'll just have to wait and see

1. How old are you? 26

2. At what age did you/will you get married? 26

3. Do you have children? Yes, two from previous marriage. Got married and had kids way too young!

4. Did you think you would marry the person you are with now? We went to high school together and no, I'm still amazed I caught her!

5. Were you ever engaged or married to someone other than the person you are with now? Yes

6. Do you want a garden wedding, beach wedding, or the traditional church wedding? Already had a beach wedding.

7. Where did you/will you get married? Puerto Morelos, MX

8. First dance - classic waltz, slow and sexy, or fast and spicy? Didn't have one.

9. How many guests did you/will you have? It was a private ceremony between us.

10. Do you want/did you have an extravagant wedding or a simple wedding? It turned out perfect and I'd say it was a little of both.

11. Vows - traditional or something you make up on your own? Traditional

13. Is/was your wedding/reception at a hotel? No reception since it was just the two of us.

14. When did you/will you get married - sunrise, mid-day, sunset? 11:00am

15. Did you/will you have your reception outdoors or indoors? We're going to have a reception later this year for family and friends.

16. Plan every detail down to the napkins or let someone else decide? Did it ourselves.

17. How did/will the bride enter? Down the pier.

18. Song to walk down the aisle to: Can't remember the title of the track.

19. Song to make your exit: Golden N/A

20. Will you/did you have a solemn ceremony or a light one? Light

21. At what age did you think you would get married? 28

22. Who to invite - practically everyone or a select few? A select few

23. Wedding menu - fine dining or simply delicious? N/A

24. Champagne or red wine? Both

26. Was your/will your honeymoon be at a place special to you both or somewhere brand new to you both? Brand New

27. Who will pay for the bills? Mainly me. We're still adjusting from being independent and paying our own stuff.

28. Living together: Not before marriage or absolutely before marriage? Not before getting married.

29. Anything else about marriage you'd like to say? My wife still takes my breath away every time I wake up next to her!