Admin & Owner

• Administrators
  • 11,659 posts
  • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 06 October 2006 - 10:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarlaV
Maria Elena,
Did you have any problems not going through the Hilton for your music? I am having the toughest time with the Westin. They quoted me $1200 an hour!!!!! And they say I HAVE to go through them.
Does anyone know what my options are?

KarlaV
karlav, what is $1200 for! that is insane!! why must you go through them? can you have an outside coord?

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.

Awards and recognition: 
Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#32 JENESIS

JENESIS
  • 394 posts

Posted 15 January 2007 - 01:25 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by host
    If anyone is interested in getting a single guitar player to play as they walk down the aisle or for a dinner the price i was quoted was $270 per hour.

If you have anyone you have used or are using and liked their music, please add them to this thread.

Thanks!

Click the image to open in full size.
    Tammy & Steve

Dreams Resort

May 27, 2006
    Tammy,

Was the info for this ever posted. I am looking for a guitarist. DO you happen to still have any contact information?

THanks,

Jenesis

#33 Alisarosenbaum

Alisarosenbaum
    • 88 posts

Posted 22 January 2007 - 11:43 AM

Does anyone have the phone number for Mariachi los Cabos? (that is the group that is $450/hour, right?)

#34 EDYTA

EDYTA
      • 1,277 posts

Posted 22 January 2007 - 12:34 PM

I need your advice please as to who I should hire

I am getting married at the church in San Jose = approx. 30 min

cocktails = approx. 1 hour

reception = approx 4 hours

so my question is should i hire a trio for the church?

mariachi band for coktail?

dj for reception?

OR

trio and just dj and get him to start playing during cocktail...I dont know what to do because if I hire the 3 different people its going to cost me an arm and a leg...and the trio i have to pay for an hour and i probably wont even use them for that long...or u think i can use the mariachi band for the church and they would travel back to the resort for cocktail hour

any advice would be great

#35 Nrvsbride

Nrvsbride
        • 5,248 posts

Posted 22 January 2007 - 01:41 PM

Since a lot of brides have mentioned that they used their mariachis for the ceremony I would use them for the church and then have them travel back to the resort but keep in mind that it is not so traditional to have mariachis for the ceremony in a church. It may be a bit much. Could you play a cd at the church? To save you money? B/c it will probably still cost you a lot of money to transport the mariachis back to the hotel. Maybe you should do the trio for the church if you really want live music (although to be honest it seems like a waste of money since you have to book them for an hour and they will not be performing for an hour.) and then have the DJ play the cocktail hour. If you don't care about live music at the church then I would play a CD with whatever songs you want at the church, get the mariachis for the cocktail hour and the DJ for the reception. But that's just what I would do personally.

-Glenda

#36 Nrvsbride

Nrvsbride
          • 5,248 posts

Posted 21 February 2007 - 06:35 PM

Tammy did you ever find out who it was that you used at your wedding? And what is the name of the Mariachis that are a member of this board? Do you happen to know their rates?

-Glenda

#37 Sarah

Sarah

VIP Member

• VIP Member
            • 6,996 posts

Posted 21 February 2007 - 06:40 PM

I've been in contact with Mariachi Los Cabos International

Jose has been fairly responsive by email (by Mexican standards anyway!) and I am getting the Trio for 2 hours at $350 per hour. He also quoted me $450 an hour for the Mariachi band and a special price of $800 for two hours. I'm still trying to negotiate for $600 for two hours for the trio, we'll see- I'll let you know!

Mariachi Internacional de Los Cabos - Cabo San Lucas, Mexico

#38 Nrvsbride

Nrvsbride
              • 5,248 posts

Posted 21 February 2007 - 06:43 PM

Thank you Sarah for the info!!

#39 ncainey

ncainey
                • 159 posts

Posted 07 July 2007 - 01:51 AM

Has anyone gotten married at the Catholic Church in San Jose? I was wondering if you are allowed to bring in a guitar player that plays music you want or do you have to have traditional mexican music throughout the ceremony? Also, Maye told me that I have to get a letter from a priest here saying we have started pre-marital counseling but we haven't started yet so I'm worried because we need to book the church! Any thoughts?

#40 MARIAELM

MARIAELM
                  • 402 posts

Posted 08 July 2007 - 01:58 PM

I got married at the Catholic church in San Jose on 10/28/06. It IS true that our church in the US had to send Padre Juve Gonzalez (the priest) a letter saying we working on our marriage requirements before we could book the church. You CAN bring in outside music, but I think you need approval from Padre Juve. We used a group that he recommended (vocalist, harp, guitar, etc.) and our music was great. You can PM me if you have more questions. Good luck.
                    MariaElena - 10/28/06
                    Hilton / San Jose Catholic Church

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users