Best PRINTERS for DIY STDs, Invites, Programs, etc

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#1 lorcas

lorcas
  • 297 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 03:07 PM

Hi ladies!

I'm printer shopping this weekend. I've gotten away with not having a printer for a long time because I've always used my job for printing. I recently changed jobs, and printing is a little harder at the new place.

I am a graphic designer so I am a bit picky, but would love to hear what kind of printer all of you ladies have had luck with for your wedding stationery.

I welcome all suggestions. :)

#2 KWandCM

KWandCM
    • 189 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 03:35 PM

I'm going to watch this thread too... I'm in the market for a printer too! 

#3 shopnboard

shopnboard
      • 162 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 09:42 PM

Great thread! I just joined this forum today, I hope it's not too late for a May 2014 wedding. So many amazing ideas on here. I was just thinking about this myself and wondering what printer I should get if I wanted to do my own invitations. Will be following, hope we get some replies! 

#4 StephLB

StephLB
        • 171 posts

Posted 22 June 2013 - 04:04 AM

Subbing... I need a new printer anyways, but I'll definitely need one for DIYing

#5 lorcas

lorcas
          • 297 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 11:05 AM

Didn't end up purchasing a printer just yet. Still shopping around. I'll post some of my options here in the next few days.

#6 lorcas

lorcas
            • 297 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 11:06 AM

Originally Posted by shopnboard 

Great thread! I just joined this forum today, I hope it's not too late for a May 2014 wedding. So many amazing ideas on here. I was just thinking about this myself and wondering what printer I should get if I wanted to do my own invitations. Will be following, hope we get some replies! 

I don't think you're too late. I'm May 23, 2014! :)

#7 scolen

scolen
              • 153 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 06:14 PM

may 2014 far you got a lot of time 

#8 shopnboard

shopnboard
                • 162 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 08:06 AM

Hey ladies, if you're still in the market for a printer, I just purchased this one from Walmart. It's $30 and you can choose a 8gb usb drive or pack of paper. I opted for the paper. Just know that the printer does not come with a cable to connect to your computer, but that's normal for most printers. If you spend $45 it's free shipping to home! I don't have a Walmart conveniently located around me, would have to drive there so that's a great option. Just added a few other home items that I needed anyway =) Many brides on the forum recommend the Canon pixma higher end models I think the mx892? But I'm hoping this one will still get the job done. http://www.walmart.c...ner=lw9MynSeamY

#9 alexisinjamaica

alexisinjamaica

• Moderators
                  • 562 posts
                  • Wedding Date:November 13, 2014
                  • Wedding Location:Secrets St. James, Montego Bay
                  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 13 October 2013 - 03:47 PM

There are lots of threads on this topic (I started one myself about a year ago, here it is: http://www.bestdesti...r-diy-projects) and another bride recommended the Canon Pixma MX892. That's what I ended up getting and it was awesome! I can recommend! Good luck with whatever you choose though. :)

#10 MickeyMouse

MickeyMouse
                  • 156 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 03:33 AM

I plan to do alot of the DIY ideas to include my own printing. I have a laser jet printer at work that I can hopefully use. It is only a black and white but so things will not need color. I do recommend that you use a laser printer, although more experience, the print quality is much better.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users