Photo

Anyone else about ready to call it all off?

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#11 JanetandDan2014

JanetandDan2014
  • 160 posts

Posted 30 January 2014 - 07:28 AM

I went through something similar.  As soon as we got engaged in December 2012 my parents got a little excited and started telling a ton of people to pack their bags.  We are doing a large AHR in June and getting married in Mexico in April.  One thing I have found is that while people may be "all about it" and say they are definitely going early on....when it comes down to it when the deposit on the room is due you will lose quite a few.

#12 Mandiesue

Mandiesue
    • 309 posts
    • Wedding Date:April 1, 2015
    • Wedding Location:Dreams La Romana
    • LocationDominica Republic

Posted 30 January 2014 - 07:49 AM

I feel lucky... our parents are very supportive that we just want a small DW wedding with them and a few close friends. I struggle with what other people will think when they find out and aren't invited. Hopefully they will understand and respect that its our wedding and that how we wanted it.

I say, do whats important to you. Its your day and its the happiness that you desire.

#13 CurlyKristen

CurlyKristen
    • 209 posts
    • Wedding Date:January 31, 2015
    • Wedding Location:Now Sapphire
    • LocationPuerto Morelos, Mexico

Posted 17 February 2014 - 08:29 AM

My fiance asks me everytime I start to stress out "want to elope?" That seems to get my head back on track and helps to settle down all the nervous butterflies. No matter who comes, where your wedding is, at the end of that day you will be married to the man that has your heart and that's what is important or least that's what my friends keep telling :D

Happy planning,

Kristen. :wub:

#14 nicofio22

nicofio22
    • 161 posts

Posted 25 February 2014 - 06:34 AM

I would love to see their reactions if the situation was reversed & you were telling them how you think they should run & organize their wedding!

#15 acw271011

acw271011
      • Moderators
      • 3,128 posts
      • Wedding Date:October 20, 2011
      • Wedding Location:We tied the knot in Runaway Bay, Jamaica and renewed our vows in Mexico on our 4th Anniversary
      • LocationToronto Area

Posted 25 February 2014 - 08:52 AM

Geez. Makes all of our stuff seem pretty small in comparison and we did end up just the two of us. No witnesses, no bridal party, nothing and nobody lol We had the resort wedding coordinators as our witnesses. Yeah two strangers signed our marriage licence lol  But you know what? We had a great time. They treated us like royalty I think because they felt sorry for us lol, and we had got married, which is what it was all about in the first place. Then everyone that said no showed up for our AHR, we got all the family pictures and it turned out alright.

Sometimes life is just that. Life and you just have to go along with it. I got what I wanted and that was marrying the absolute love of my life!

I said "yes" again to the love of my life at Grand Coral Beach Club, Playa del Carmen, Mexico on our 4th anniversary - October 20, 2015

http://www.bestdestinationwedding.com/topic/78874-acw271011-so-this-is-not-a-planning-thread-but/

event.png

#16 jackshayne0123

jackshayne0123
      • 213 posts
      • Wedding Date:January 23, 2014
      • Wedding Location:Blau Varadero Cuba
      • LocationCalgary AB Canada

Posted 28 February 2014 - 03:16 PM

Wow I'm so sorry to all your brides who are going through headaches, stress and drama! That is not what you need when you are planning the most exciting even of your lives. I agree with the ladies above, stick to your guns, remain true to yourselves and do what you want! It's your day and your pocketbook! You don't want to start your lives in debt either.

Please keep us posted, we're here to help and support you!

#17 Lia12

Lia12
      • 5 posts

Posted 12 March 2014 - 12:45 PM

Ladies, hold firm - this isn't the end of the world! Just don't let anybody wrench YOUR big day away from you. It will go terrible if your heart's not in it, or if you're actively hating it. Whether it's parents or someone else who is trying to take control of your wedding and negatively affect it, you can't. Let them. Do it.

Be firm, or even harsh, but you'll be happy you dealt with it sooner rather than later. Good luck!

#18 iberostarbride

iberostarbride
        • 153 posts

Posted 24 March 2014 - 05:14 PM

in laws are driving us nuts!  we only invited wedding party to our wedding and celebrating with family at home reception and they cant seem to understand what we want....

#19 ChristienEarnest

ChristienEarnest
          • 183 posts

Posted 06 April 2014 - 02:25 PM

Brides, we have to stick to what we want and no matter what we shall not bend.

#20 Sabes44

Sabes44
            • 354 posts
            • Wedding Date:May 29, 2015
            • Wedding Location:Riviera Cancun
            • LocationSouthern California

Posted 16 July 2014 - 04:52 PM

You only get married once (hopefully) make it about you (and your hubby) and what YOU want, not anyone else!  Or else you won't be happy

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users