Photo

Pre-Travel Mailers (DIY and lots of pics!)

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 MMK0386

MMK0386
  • 367 posts
  • Wedding Date:June 28, 2013
  • Wedding Location:Azul Sensatori in Riviera Maya, MX
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 03 May 2013 - 09:01 PM

Now that it is officially May, I am wrapping up my pre-travel mailers and getting them ready to send out tomorrow. (My wedding is June 28, but there is one thing I want my guests to really enjoy for a few weeks before the wedding!)

Included in my mailer:

-a double sided "notecard" that I designed myself and printed through Vistaprint for free with info about traveling, etc

-a magnet to hold the notecard to the fridge (I also designed this myself and printed through Vistaprint for free)

-a CD with a compilation of "Get Ready!" songs chosen by the wedding party in a DIY "case" that I made from left over kraft paper cards

-2 DIY Luggage tags/person (here is the link to my luggage tags: 

Close up of front of CD case:

Back of CD case: (sorry the picture quality is awful)

Here is the file so you can actually see what the songs are:

And this is the front:

Front of note card:

Back of the note card:

Close up of luggage tag front: (the magnet looks just like this as well)

Close up of luggage tag back:

Front of the envelope:

Back of the envelope:

Here is just a quick snapshot of all the envelopes:

What do ya'll think? I think the guests will really like the CD. It's an idea I got from this forum and as soon as I saw it, I just knew I wanted to do it. 

Happy Planing, ladies! Any questions, just let me know!

-Megan

#2 AnaSteele58

AnaSteele58
  • 381 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 03:19 AM

Very nice Megan!

#3 safety75

safety75
    • 287 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 03:59 AM

These are so cute!! How did you put together the cd cases? Where is your wedding? Mine is June 24!

#4 Missy Taddonio

Missy Taddonio
      • 51 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 09:28 AM

Now that it is officially May, I am wrapping up my pre-travel mailers and getting them ready to send out tomorrow. (My wedding is June 28, but there is one thing I want my guests to really enjoy for a few weeks before the wedding!) Included in my mailer: -a double sided "notecard" that I designed myself and printed through Vistaprint for free with info about traveling, etc -a magnet to hold the notecard to the fridge (I also designed this myself and printed through Vistaprint for free) -a CD with a compilation of "Get Ready!" songs chosen by the wedding party in a DIY "case" that I made from left over kraft paper cards -2 DIY Luggage tags/person (here is the link to my luggage tags: http://www.bestdesti...-tags-with-pics Thankfully, there are only 30 of us total and most of the guests are couples, so I really only had to make about 15 mailers. This helped- otherwise price and time devoted to this project could start to add up. However, I printed some of the things on Vistaprint for free, I had 10 blank CD's (so I only had to buy a few), and I used left over kraft paper cards/envelopes for the CD case and the actual mailer envelope. The supplies for the luggage tags weren't really that expensive, either! Anyway.. on with the pics! Contents of Mailer: Close up of front of CD case: Back of CD case: (sorry the picture quality is awful) Here is the file so you can actually see what the songs are: And this is the front: Front of note card: Back of the note card: Close up of luggage tag front: (the magnet looks just like this as well) Close up of luggage tag back: Front of the envelope: Back of the envelope: Here is just a quick snapshot of all the envelopes: What do ya'll think? I think the guests will really like the CD. It's an idea I got from this forum and as soon as I saw it, I just knew I wanted to do it.  Happy Planing, ladies! Any questions, just let me know! -Megan

So cute!!! You are so creative :-)

#5 ucfjennifer

ucfjennifer
        • 185 posts
        • Wedding Date:April 26, 2014
        • Wedding Location:Cozumel, MX
        • LocationOrlando, FL

Posted 04 May 2013 - 08:42 PM

Those are really great!! Excellent idea!!

#6 Avborges

Avborges
        • 121 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 07:04 AM

Wow!  It came out amazing!!  Great job!

Originally Posted by MMK0386 

Now that it is officially May, I am wrapping up my pre-travel mailers and getting them ready to send out tomorrow. (My wedding is June 28, but there is one thing I want my guests to really enjoy for a few weeks before the wedding!)

Included in my mailer:

-a double sided "notecard" that I designed myself and printed through Vistaprint for free with info about traveling, etc

-a magnet to hold the notecard to the fridge (I also designed this myself and printed through Vistaprint for free)

-a CD with a compilation of "Get Ready!" songs chosen by the wedding party in a DIY "case" that I made from left over kraft paper cards

And this is the front:

Front of note card:

Back of the note card:

Front of the envelope:

Back of the envelope:

What do ya'll think? I think the guests will really like the CD. It's an idea I got from this forum and as soon as I saw it, I just knew I wanted to do it. 

-Megan

#7 MMK0386

MMK0386
          • 367 posts
          • Wedding Date:June 28, 2013
          • Wedding Location:Azul Sensatori in Riviera Maya, MX
          • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 10 May 2013 - 05:02 AM

Wow!  It came out amazing!!  Great job!

Thank you!! :)

#8 curlygirlnpearl

curlygirlnpearl
          • 52 posts

Posted 06 August 2013 - 11:20 AM

Originally Posted by MMK0386 

Included in my mailer:

And this is the front:

Front of note card:

Back of the note card:

Front of the envelope:

Back of the envelope:

-Megan

Amazing!! I will be stealing the post cards and luggage tags! Awesome lady!

#9 yizzyep

yizzyep
            • 8 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 11:12 AM

Hi Megan,

I have been coming back to your posts constantly for tips for a while now..you did such an amazing job!

I'm wondering how you did  your pre-travel tips for free on vistaprint?  I go to the site, then to note cards, and all I see are decorative cards.  Do  you even remember what you did?  I think this idea is amazing, and I'd love to do it myself.

Thanks in advance!

#10 Kasey04

Kasey04
              • 151 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 02:01 PM

Hi Megan!

I absolutely love your cd cases!! I might have to steal that idea! And if you don't mind me asking, how were you able to score the magnets for free on Vistaprint? 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users