#1 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
  • 11,659 posts
  • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 16 October 2012 - 01:07 PM

Welcome to the Shout Box Thread 2012!

This is the place to just say "hi" to your other BDW members or short chit chat.

Please be kind and courteous to new people who may join the conversation....we do not like clicquish behavior...

Thanks!

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.

Awards and recognition: 
Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#2 ACDCDCAC

ACDCDCAC
  • Moderators
  • 25,218 posts
  • Wedding Location:Santa Maria Bay Beach, Cabo San Lucas, BCS, Mexico
  • LocationSeattle

Posted 16 October 2012 - 01:17 PM

Shout! Hi everyone! What's up? I had a great day at work today. But, still so happy to be home wrapped up in a blanket with my dogs :) Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

#3 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
  • 11,659 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 01:24 PM

Originally Posted by Abbie 

Shout!
Hi everyone! What's up? I had a great day at work today. But, still so happy to be home wrapped up in a blanket with my dogs :)
Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

hey abs,

lucky!  so wish I was off work.  about to take a break and have a slice of cheesecake from the chessecake factory.

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.

Awards and recognition: 
Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#4 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
  • 11,659 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 01:25 PM

so I have a couple spa finder gift certificates and I was thinking of giving them away on BDW...what about running our Member of the Month contest again...

abs, are you up to run it?  

Awards and recognition: 

#5 ACDCDCAC

ACDCDCAC
  • Moderators
  • 25,218 posts
  • LocationSeattle

Posted 16 October 2012 - 01:30 PM

YES! So fun! Give me the go ahead and I'll set it up just like we used to, same everything? Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

#6 ACDCDCAC

ACDCDCAC
  • Moderators
  • 25,218 posts
  • LocationSeattle

Posted 16 October 2012 - 01:30 PM

PS mmmmm cheesecake! Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

#7 kisha311

kisha311
  • Site Supporter
  • 259 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 02:09 PM

Hi there! I worked an odd shift today so I was back home from work by 8 AM and have been a couch potato all day! There are so many DIY projects to be done, exercise to conquer, and meals to be made, but this couch keeps winning the battle!

Beaches Turks & Caicos - 30 Rooms booked with 80 guests confirmed so far!

#8 EVKnowsitall

EVKnowsitall
    • 593 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 02:26 PM

Speaking of random posts- My fiance and I are finalists in a wedding contest to win a full reception. The pool was narrowed down to 103 people and they will randomly draw a ticket and if your ticket corresponds you win! 

We were thinking of hosting an AHR so hey- why not? Prior to planning my destination wedding I entered a ton of wedding contests- I don't know if this makes me 1) a little wee bit of a loser 2) a little wee bit of a cheapskate 3) A wedding addict 4) all the above. Honestly- my philosophy is if you can get it free why not. But I did worry that asking people to vote for us for too many contests "cheapened" the real value and meaning behind my wedding so I stopped publicizing them and entered private ones. I was a finalist to be a model for a new wedding gown designer and the brides each won a free gown. I was one of 15 finalists but I didn't win- still it was fun to experience. I was also a finalist for a Davids Bridal contest for $2500 cash- but I didn't win that either. Always a finalist never a winner. My fiance is like "I love you but enough already"

But I put him through the ringer one last time. We haven't told anyone and we won't if we win. Our little secret. We are still forging ahead with our wedding in DR because that's the most important to us. 

Hope everyone is having a great evening. I have a dog too Abbie- a Jack Russell. I wanted her to be my ring bearer but I refuse to risk traveling with her because they can quarantine the dog if they choose to and then she'd be stuck in DR for 30 days in a cage in an airport. I love her too much for that. 

Happily married to the love of my life- since July 5, 2013

#9 EVKnowsitall

EVKnowsitall
      • 593 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 02:32 PM

MelB- Our thread was moved to this shoutbox!

I'm getting married in Punta Cana, DR and so far- I have not seen the blue/purple orchid in any photos. I do not think they have it there. I googled to see if they did but no answers. My sister is a baker and works next door to a florist. She says they are dyed blue- they don't actually grow that way. They are fed water with a blue dye and the dye travels to the petals and turns it blue. If thats the case- I know my resort has white orchids lol Can I request that they feed the orchid water with blue dye before my wedding? That would probably be a strange request for them.

Happily married to the love of my life- since July 5, 2013

#10 MelB2012

MelB2012
        • 182 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 02:48 PM

Originally Posted by EVKnowsitall 

MelB- Our thread was moved to this shoutbox!

I'm getting married in Punta Cana, DR and so far- I have not seen the blue/purple orchid in any photos. I do not think they have it there. I googled to see if they did but no answers. My sister is a baker and works next door to a florist. She says they are dyed blue- they don't actually grow that way. They are fed water with a blue dye and the dye travels to the petals and turns it blue. If thats the case- I know my resort has white orchids lol Can I request that they feed the orchid water with blue dye before my wedding? That would probably be a strange request for them.

Hey EV,

It might not be such a strange request... I'm sure they've done enough weddings... There's gotta be ONE other bride out there who wanted blue orchids at her DR wedding.

I'm pretty sure they are dyed - so I'm guessing they are white orchids with that deep purple tip, and then the blue dyed seeps into the centre of the flower? I Love them regardless. When I found out I could get them, my mind was set, and my colours were picked for me :) Deep Purple, Turquoise and Cream.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users