Sign in to follow this  
TammyWright

Official Shoutbox Thread 2012

Welcome to the Shout Box Thread 2012!

This is the place to just say "hi" to your other BDW members or short chit chat.

Please be kind and courteous to new people who may join the conversation....we do not like clicquish behavior...

Thanks!

Shout! Hi everyone! What's up? I had a great day at work today. But, still so happy to be home wrapped up in a blanket with my dogs :) Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

Originally Posted by Abbie View Post

Shout!

Hi everyone! What's up? I had a great day at work today. But, still so happy to be home wrapped up in a blanket with my dogs :)

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

hey abs,

lucky!  so wish I was off work.  about to take a break and have a slice of cheesecake from the chessecake factory.

so I have a couple spa finder gift certificates and I was thinking of giving them away on BDW...what about running our Member of the Month contest again...

abs, are you up to run it?  

YES! So fun! Give me the go ahead and I'll set it up just like we used to, same everything? Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

PS mmmmm cheesecake! Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

Hi there! I worked an odd shift today so I was back home from work by 8 AM and have been a couch potato all day! There are so many DIY projects to be done, exercise to conquer, and meals to be made, but this couch keeps winning the battle!

Speaking of random posts- My fiance and I are finalists in a wedding contest to win a full reception. The pool was narrowed down to 103 people and they will randomly draw a ticket and if your ticket corresponds you win! 

We were thinking of hosting an AHR so hey- why not? Prior to planning my destination wedding I entered a ton of wedding contests- I don't know if this makes me 1) a little wee bit of a loser 2) a little wee bit of a cheapskate 3) A wedding addict 4) all the above. Honestly- my philosophy is if you can get it free why not. But I did worry that asking people to vote for us for too many contests "cheapened" the real value and meaning behind my wedding so I stopped publicizing them and entered private ones. I was a finalist to be a model for a new wedding gown designer and the brides each won a free gown. I was one of 15 finalists but I didn't win- still it was fun to experience. I was also a finalist for a Davids Bridal contest for $2500 cash- but I didn't win that either. Always a finalist never a winner. My fiance is like "I love you but enough already"

But I put him through the ringer one last time. We haven't told anyone and we won't if we win. Our little secret. We are still forging ahead with our wedding in DR because that's the most important to us. 

Hope everyone is having a great evening. I have a dog too Abbie- a Jack Russell. I wanted her to be my ring bearer but I refuse to risk traveling with her because they can quarantine the dog if they choose to and then she'd be stuck in DR for 30 days in a cage in an airport. I love her too much for that. 

MelB- Our thread was moved to this shoutbox!

I'm getting married in Punta Cana, DR and so far- I have not seen the blue/purple orchid in any photos. I do not think they have it there. I googled to see if they did but no answers. My sister is a baker and works next door to a florist. She says they are dyed blue- they don't actually grow that way. They are fed water with a blue dye and the dye travels to the petals and turns it blue. If thats the case- I know my resort has white orchids lol Can I request that they feed the orchid water with blue dye before my wedding? That would probably be a strange request for them.

Originally Posted by EVKnowsitall View Post

MelB- Our thread was moved to this shoutbox!

I'm getting married in Punta Cana, DR and so far- I have not seen the blue/purple orchid in any photos. I do not think they have it there. I googled to see if they did but no answers. My sister is a baker and works next door to a florist. She says they are dyed blue- they don't actually grow that way. They are fed water with a blue dye and the dye travels to the petals and turns it blue. If thats the case- I know my resort has white orchids lol Can I request that they feed the orchid water with blue dye before my wedding? That would probably be a strange request for them.

Hey EV,

It might not be such a strange request... I'm sure they've done enough weddings... There's gotta be ONE other bride out there who wanted blue orchids at her DR wedding.

I'm pretty sure they are dyed - so I'm guessing they are white orchids with that deep purple tip, and then the blue dyed seeps into the centre of the flower? I Love them regardless. When I found out I could get them, my mind was set, and my colours were picked for me :) Deep Purple, Turquoise and Cream.