Wedding colors

• Please log in to reply
376 replies to this topic

#131 cinnagirl

cinnagirl
  • 261 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 02:15 PM

Originally Posted by LKocelko 

What is everyones color scheme? I hadn't really put any thought into this, but lately I've been seeing a lot of deep purple and really been gravitating towards it. I thought it would look really nice with the light gray suit my FI is going to go with (something like the below). My question: is a deepish purple too dark for a beach wedding in May? My dress is kind of elegant/glam/old Hollywood and I thought purple was a regal color to go with it. I look really terrible in warm colors, so we were definitely going to go with a green, blue, or purple. Any input would be appreciated! Please be honest...we haven't picked anything yet so I'd rather know now than after we start buying stuff! Like the below are some examples I liked:

Pinned ImagePinned Image

I think it would look amazing! The dark, rich colours really pop against the sand. I chose teal for my main colour. :)

#132 MrsBklovn

MrsBklovn
    • 79 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 06:40 PM

What is everyones color scheme? I hadn't really put any thought into this, but lately I've been seeing a lot of deep purple and really been gravitating towards it. I thought it would look really nice with the light gray suit my FI is going to go with (something like the below). My question: is a deepish purple too dark for a beach wedding in May? My dress is kind of elegant/glam/old Hollywood and I thought purple was a regal color to go with it. I look really terrible in warm colors, so we were definitely going to go with a green, blue, or purple. Any input would be appreciated! Please be honest...we haven't picked anything yet so I'd rather know now than after we start buying stuff! Like the below are some examples I liked:

Pinned ImagePinned Image

Thats such a pretty purple!!!!!

#133 jello

jello
      • 128 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 08:48 AM

Have you seen this purple beach wedding?  One of my all-time favorites on BDW: http://www.bestdesti...-azul-sensatori

Also check out this link: http://www.elizabeth...wedding-colors/

I love deep purple and light gray, those are the colors I used in my living room at home.  I'm sure your wedding will he gorgeous!

#134 Cherina

Cherina
        • Banned
        • 636 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 09:53 AM

Deep royal blue, vintage gold, ivory and blush Posted Image

2.14.14 I can not wait to marry my very best friend ... Again!

#135 alexisinjamaica

alexisinjamaica

• Moderators
          • 562 posts
          • Wedding Date:November 13, 2014
          • Wedding Location:Secrets St. James, Montego Bay
          • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 04 November 2012 - 03:28 PM

Pinned ImagePinned Image

I think it would look great! I may be biased since I'm doing purple and silver for my wedding. :) A fellow BDW bride posted this inspiration board when I was waffling on colors and now it's the color scheme I'm working with.

#136 TIGERLILYODP

TIGERLILYODP
          • 122 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 10:51 PM

Purple looks gorgeous! I keep changing my mind....at the moment I'm going with turquoise and pink.unsure which pink .I don't know whether to go for fuscia or a pale pink ...very stuck on that one .what does everyone think ? :)

#137 Jenvinet

Jenvinet
            • 14 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 10:10 AM

I love red for bridesmaid dresses.. Now the only colour you can buy s a darker red.. Any suggestions of colors to go with? I love red and white but don't want it to be Christmas.. Thanks

#138 JustNoelle

JustNoelle
              • 271 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 09:13 AM

Pinned ImagePinned Image

I am going with a royal purple and teal (peacock inspired). I too felt like the colors were too dark for a beach wedding but after doing some research I am satified that it would look great!! Hope that helps :)

#139 kfarkas26

kfarkas26
                • Site Supporter
                • 209 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 03:08 PM

I love the purple! The centerpieces above are so pretty!!!

#140 sunsun

sunsun
                  • 2 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 11:39 PM

Dear friends what's your idea about wedding theme in spring in garden,since it has green background what is your idea?by the way my sister's wedding has dark pink theme so i don't want to repeat that thanks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users