Jump to content

Recommended Posts

I need some help with picking wedding colors. My favorite color is blue, so for long time I was drawn to navy blue and watermelon pink, but now I'm not sure if I can pull that off with a beach wedding. I see my fiance wearing grey suit, and was thinking maybe blue/orange or orange/pink would look better for beach. It's hard to picture it.

 

How did you pick your colors? Any advice?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've got to admit that I love the idea of a navy and watermellon/fuschia, probably because it's not the typical color scheme for a destination wedding.  I love bold color schemes and I think they make for a great complimentary contrast to a beach backdrop. 

 

My colors are chartreuse and sangria.  My colors were inspired by a green cymbidium orchid, which is my favorite flower. I love them, feminine bright, and my Fi approved and actually likes them.

 

My suggestion is to play around with creating inspiration color boards to to see what combinations really speak to you and your Fi. There are also plenty to look at on google.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by ChocoTaco7568 View Post

 

I've got to admit that I love the idea of a navy and watermellon/fuschia, probably because it's not the typical color scheme for a destination wedding.  I love bold color schemes and I think they make for a great complimentary contrast to a beach backdrop. 

 

My colors are chartreuse and sangria.  My colors were inspired by a green cymbidium orchid, which is my favorite flower. I love them, feminine bright, and my Fi approved and actually likes them.

 

My suggestion is to play around with creating inspiration color boards to to see what combinations really speak to you and your Fi. There are also plenty to look at on google.

Thanks! I like your colors.

 

We are leaning towards pink and orange, and possible blue. I'm trying to come up with inspiration boards right now so that should help. If anyone on here has done pink and orange and blue I would love to see it!

 

I'm mainly going to use these colors of chair sashes, table runner, flowers, and paper lanterns.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm also doing a beach wedding and am doing the decorations in yellow/orange and the bridesmaids/groommen's ties in a coral pink color!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I had wanted to do bright colors, such as orange and pink, but my fiance said no way, to girly.  We came to a comprimise and ended up with turqoise and lime green.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by Jass7 View Post

 

I need some help with picking wedding colors. My favorite color is blue, so for long time I was drawn to navy blue and watermelon pink, but now I'm not sure if I can pull that off with a beach wedding. I see my fiance wearing grey suit, and was thinking maybe blue/orange or orange/pink would look better for beach. It's hard to picture it.

 

How did you pick your colors? Any advice?

 

I like the blu but it's difficult find bluflowers so I decided for pink and fuxia that are much more easy to mix with arreangments, flowers, gifts, etc...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by CriCri View Post

 

 

I like the blu but it's difficult find bluflowers so I decided for pink and fuxia that are much more easy to mix with arreangments, flowers, gifts, etc...

Navy would be so cool, don't let it go just cuz you cant't picture it.  go nave on sashes on chairs and things and then pink in flowers and a few accents it would be so pretty.  but blue and orange rock!

 

I am dong blue and coral (spicy pink:)

 

leaving in 2 days and I am still back and forth on what blue exactly its either sky or turquoise 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think the blue and pink would be gorgeous. You could do the navy as an accent and have it as the type color on your place cards/ thnak you's etc, navy straws, as others have mentioned use it as sash colors, the ribbon on the bottom or your bouquets, etc. Then use pink in other places.

 

My main wedding colors are yellow and grey, with pool blue (FI's favorite color) as an accent.
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Its really problematic while you are thinking about the wedding dresses & color. But what I think is that you always have to wear what you think will be the most suitable for you. In your wedding you will wear such dresses which will give you the princess look. Dress will always not only the matter, you should have to think about the decoration, color, party, foods, banquet halls and all. You can get full planning from here also: http://www.matrixconferenceandbanquetcenter.com/
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I ended up getting pink sashes, and really like pink and orange together. So those are the colors we are using mostly. I do wish I could sneak in blue somehow. However I have not gotten anything orange so I can still change my mind.

 

 cheesy.gif

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×