TATrisha

OFFICIAL NOW Jade Wedding Thread

Hi fellow brides to be!

I'm organising our wedding for next year so not stressing to much yet! However just wanted to see if there are any other small wedding parties heading out. Looks like we'll just have 10 guests & I was thinking about the the upgraded wedding packages Eternity/Devine. I'm not sure if I'm wasting my (parents) money as we're really paying for 25 but I've tried costing out al a carte which looks expensive but be doing this wrong! Any advice on the subject?

I only have about 15 guests, 17 with the bride and groom. A wedding package is definitely worth the money. That stuff is EXPENSIVE otherwise! Unless you don't really care about a private dinner reception, then you might possibly be able to make it work.

Anne Marie

November 21, 2014-Now Jade

@@nrowe32 we better get with it! We only have 3 months!

Anne Marie

Thanks Anne Marie! That's what I was finding! We had the moments package but by the time the judge, dinner, flowers, decor it was getting ridiculous! I guess it's just one of those things that we're not getting full advantage of the 25 guests but never mind! Shouldn't complain, I have seen lots of brides with way more guests than they expected! Incidentally does anyone know if you upgrade from the comlimentary package do you pay the difference in price or do you pay the full package. e.g If we are going from moments to Divine

This is amazing! THank you!! Can you email this to me too? It wont let me view pics because of the 150 posts. eric.jess2014@yahoo.com

@@kbride2014.

I love your post! Can I ask for a copy of your ceremony emailed to me? Congratulations, beautiful pics !!

jennpurdy30@hotmail.com

Thanks Anne Marie! That's what I was finding! We had the moments package but by the time the judge, dinner, flowers, decor it was getting ridiculous! I guess it's just one of those things that we're not getting full advantage of the 25 guests but never mind! Shouldn't complain, I have seen lots of brides with way more guests than they expected! Incidentally does anyone know if you upgrade from the comlimentary package do you pay the difference in price or do you pay the full package. e.g If we are going from moments to Divine

You pay the full price of the package, minus the deposit, plus extras and tax I believe. We upgraded from eternity to divine

Anne Marie

I also just booked DJ disco movil! So happy he is way more reasonable than the resort!!

We are leaving in 60 days! Whoa! I put some of our stuff into a suitcase...and then I stopped! Lol once I get the final few things done I will pack it all and be done that part!

Our wedding sheets have to be done and sent in soon, only 20 days! That seems to be the harder part right now!

candle23 I'm hoping to start packing soon and we have 84 days! At least all the decorations and things. I have an extensive packing list so my hope is to throw it in the bag, check it off the list and as summer ends we can pack our bags fully!

Anne Marie

candle23 I'm hoping to start packing soon and we have 84 days! At least all the decorations and things. I have an extensive packing list so my hope is to throw it in the bag, check it off the list and as summer ends we can pack our bags fully!

Anne Marie

Share your packing list! I feel like I am drawing a blank and need to make sure I have everything!!

Share your packing list! I feel like I am drawing a blank and need to make sure I have everything!!

There are some great packing lists for Destination Weddings on Pintrest. I started from there and tailor made it for different catergories

1- Airplane

2- Welcome Bags

3- Cocktail Party

4 Group Dinner

5- Excursion to Chichen Itza

6- Rehearsal Dinner

7- girls Day at Spa

8- Wedding day

- getting ready

- spa

- ceremony

- cocktail hour

- reception

9- Honeymoon

I did the same listing for each day for an itinerary and "what to accomplish" each day we are there.

I feel good that I will not forget anything and worst case scenario you can rent anything from the resort so all you need is the dress!

@@Stack02 that is a SUPER good idea to break it up into events!

Anne Marie

What is everyone taking for the cocktail hour, if anything?

Anne Marie

All I have for cocktail hour are paper striped straws. I think we will choose a signature drink while we are there!