5307 replies to this topic

#4951 candle23

candle23
  • 294 posts
  • Wedding Date:October 23, 2014
  • Wedding Location:Now Jade Riviera Cancun
  • LocationEdmonton, Alberta, Canada

Posted 19 December 2014 - 01:59 PM

Just looking at our contract and we paid $40 for the chair bows, and another $40 for the paper lanterns. But no charge to set up our decorations.

Edited by candle23, 19 December 2014 - 02:04 PM.

#4952 mariak

mariak
  • 53 posts
  • Wedding Date:August 13, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Now Jade

Posted 21 December 2014 - 08:00 PM

Jennifer we will be there in no time so excited!!
Did anyone buy bug spray for their OOT bags? Can't seem to find a bulk of them to buy at low cost

Did you find bug spray ? I plan to put in my bags but havent started looking yet.

#4953 Jennifer146

Jennifer146
  • 37 posts
  • Wedding Date:February 23, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Now Jade, Mayan Riveria
  • LocationCanada

Posted 22 December 2014 - 06:32 AM

Did you find bug spray ? I plan to put in my bags but havent started looking yet.

I ordered bug "wipes" from Leisure Pro website . There are 12 pc per box for 4.99 ( US). Ordered enough for each guest to have 2 in the bags.

#4954 Natata

Natata
  • 122 posts
  • Wedding Date:February 21, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Now Jade, Mexico
  • LocationNew York

Posted 22 December 2014 - 08:47 AM

i have a question - why are we taxed on a outside dj vendor fee.. that doesnt make sense

they don't tax us on the photographer fee

#4955 oregano

oregano
  • Site Supporter
  • 11 posts
  • Wedding Date:January 8, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Now Jade
  • LocationSaskatchewan, Canada

Posted 22 December 2014 - 09:24 AM

Does anyone know how easy it is to take out US cash at the resort? I have a couple vendors I need to pay cash for on my wedding day but it's alot of money so I don't want to travel with it.

Just for anyone's planning, I am extending my reception until 11pm (latest they will allow for outdoor events) and for 33 people it is going $569 per hour and that includes the 15% gratuity.

#4956 amarie4713

amarie4713
  • 324 posts
  • Wedding Date:November 21, 2014
  • LocationRiviera Maya, Mexico

Posted 22 December 2014 - 09:32 AM

It's not easy to get alot and the fee is high. You can get some, but if you need thousands, you won't be able to get that. I traveled with the cash
Plus, your bank will limit the amount of cash you can withdrawal at a time

Now Jade Bride on November 21, 2014

Planning Thread: http://www.bestdesti...read/?p=1875447

#4957 CurlyKristen

CurlyKristen
  • 209 posts
  • Wedding Date:January 31, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Now Sapphire
  • LocationPuerto Morelos, Mexico

Posted 22 December 2014 - 01:10 PM

I am so sorry to keep asking so many questions but here's another one :) I have ordered the vases, candle holders, and a ton of other wedding supplies but now how do I get them to Mexico? I read somewhere that we can only take $300 worth of wedding supplies with us on the flight, is that true? And I also read that you have to have a note in spanish explaining that everything is for your wedding? Please advise.

Thanks! And Merry Christmas!

#4958 rachelia160

rachelia160
  • 296 posts
  • Wedding Date:June 17, 2015
  • Wedding Location:NOW Jade
  • LocationCleveland, Ohio

Posted 22 December 2014 - 01:21 PM

I am so sorry to keep asking so many questions but here's another one :) I have ordered the vases, candle holders, and a ton of other wedding supplies but now how do I get them to Mexico? I read somewhere that we can only take $300 worth of wedding supplies with us on the flight, is that true? And I also read that you have to have a note in spanish explaining that everything is for your wedding? Please advise.

Thanks! And Merry Christmas!

From my understanding you can only have $300 in gifts, i.e. things you are giving to other people.  But I'm wondering how you differentiate gifts from supplies? Do they take your word for it? I'm sure brides who have done this already would have some better insight!

#4959 candle23

candle23
  • 294 posts
  • Wedding Date:October 23, 2014
  • LocationEdmonton, Alberta, Canada

Posted 22 December 2014 - 03:59 PM

From my understanding you can only have $300 in gifts, i.e. things you are giving to other people.  But I'm wondering how you differentiate gifts from supplies? Do they take your word for it? I'm sure brides who have done this already would have some better insight!

The $300 is per person and is for strictly gifts...like gifts for your bridal party etc. Wedding supplies and decorations do not count in it. They pretty much just take your word for it. I think they see a lot of brides with wedding stuff so they aren't too concerned. It really happens fast..like we were searched and the whole part from putting our bags through the X-ray to pushing the red light and having our stuff searched was literally five minutes.

#4960 amarie4713

amarie4713
  • 324 posts
  • Wedding Date:November 21, 2014
  • LocationRiviera Maya, Mexico

Posted 22 December 2014 - 04:12 PM

It only matters if you get red lighted at customs and they go through your bags. But yes, 300 in gifts. I took all of my receipts for what I purchased down with me and separated gifts from wedding decor. We were lucky and didn't get searched once.
And you can take over 300 in gifts, but they charge you tax on it.

Now Jade Bride on November 21, 2014

Planning Thread: http://www.bestdesti...read/?p=1875447

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users