5307 replies to this topic

#4851 Meg32IL

Meg32IL
  • 99 posts
  • Wedding Date:November 6, 2014
  • Wedding Location:Now Jade - Pergola
  • LocationMendota, Illinois

Posted 13 November 2014 - 01:18 PM

We are back and it was amazing!!! Every second of it was perfect. Still trying to recover. I'd be happy to still help out upcoming brides and answer any questions. I just finished my review (I'm sure I missed a ton of details).

Megan Bromenschenkel

www.kneebone-wedding.com

#4852 Natata

Natata
  • 122 posts
  • Wedding Date:February 21, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Now Jade, Mexico
  • LocationNew York

Posted 13 November 2014 - 01:42 PM

Welcome back ..can't wait to read your review... anything you would of done different or tips for us?
Oh and Congratulations! ! Share some pics!!

#4853 AyeWatSoon

AyeWatSoon
  • 135 posts
  • Wedding Date:May 30, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Now Jade

Posted 13 November 2014 - 05:29 PM

We are back and it was amazing!!! Every second of it was perfect. Still trying to recover. I'd be happy to still help out upcoming brides and answer any questions. I just finished my review (I'm sure I missed a ton of details).

Congratulations!

#4854 amarie4713

amarie4713
  • 324 posts
  • Wedding Date:November 21, 2014
  • Wedding Location:Now Jade Riviera Cancun
  • LocationRiviera Maya, Mexico

Posted 13 November 2014 - 08:50 PM

I'm getting so concerned about the weather. @Meg32IL Does it just sprinkle a little bit a time? It's calling for rain everyday we're there :( 

Also, anyone had any problems with their hair? I have natural curl and I went in for my hair trial tonight with my regular hair lady, and she couldn't really do what I wanted.  So I have scheduled a trial the day before my wedding, but so far I haven't heard anything bad about the salon girls down there, I'm so worried I'm going to get down there and not be able to do anything with my hair!! 

Especially in the humidity and rain...

Now Jade Bride on November 21, 2014

Planning Thread: http://www.bestdesti...read/?p=1875447

#4855 Stack02

Stack02
  • 62 posts
  • Wedding Date:October 16, 2014
  • Wedding Location:Now Jade

Posted 13 November 2014 - 09:21 PM

I'm getting so concerned about the weather. @Meg32IL Does it just sprinkle a little bit a time? It's calling for rain everyday we're there :( 

Also, anyone had any problems with their hair? I have natural curl and I went in for my hair trial tonight with my regular hair lady, and she couldn't really do what I wanted.  So I have scheduled a trial the day before my wedding, but so far I haven't heard anything bad about the salon girls down there, I'm so worried I'm going to get down there and not be able to do anything with my hair!! 

Our wedding called for "torrential down pour" everyday. It end up sprinkling for about 10 minutes at 4:00pm daily. The only time for us there was "down pour" was 15 minutes before the wedding.

I also have naturally curly hair. I was worried as well. I took a picture of what i wanted and they made it look EXACTLY like that. I was shocked. They used many a tricks and potions I have never seen before. I got more than 1 "your hair looks so healthy and shiny" out of my wedding party there was only 1 of 5 that did not have curly hair and we all had it turn out well.

Just make sure the picture you take is exactly what you want. It was not possible to communicate having something from this and something from that. Also for my make up i showed her the picture (from pinterest) for 10 seconds and it was exact! The eyeliner was a little heavier than expected but it worked very well for pictures.

#4856 candle23

candle23
  • 294 posts
  • Wedding Date:October 23, 2014
  • Wedding Location:Now Jade Riviera Cancun
  • LocationEdmonton, Alberta, Canada

Posted 14 November 2014 - 07:12 AM

The weather forecast is basically a lie. Don't worry about it! We were there for two weeks and it called for raj every single day. We had a day and a half of rain...the rest had tiny little showers that lasted 10-15 minutes I. The afternoons. Don't worry! It will be great!

#4857 Natata

Natata
  • 122 posts
  • Wedding Date:February 21, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Now Jade, Mexico
  • LocationNew York

Posted 14 November 2014 - 07:33 AM

what age is infants considered at the hotel?

#4858 Meg32IL

Meg32IL
  • 99 posts

Posted 14 November 2014 - 07:35 AM

The weather was pretty amazing while we were there. It called for rain everyday and sometimes high chances, it only rained one day and it was very spotty.

Megan Bromenschenkel

www.kneebone-wedding.com

#4859 rachelia160

rachelia160
  • 296 posts
  • Wedding Date:June 17, 2015
  • Wedding Location:NOW Jade
  • LocationCleveland, Ohio

Posted 14 November 2014 - 07:36 AM

Do any past brides have thoughts on table linens? Are they necessary to bring?  I was considering getting colorful table runners but I'm not sure if it's worth it or not.

#4860 Meg32IL

Meg32IL
  • 99 posts

Posted 14 November 2014 - 07:37 AM

I would love to share pictures but it is not letting me. I have several posted on my facebook page (the trash the dress were my favorite - I used a different dress). I haven't received my professional ones back yet.

www.facebook.com/megan.bromenschenkel

Megan Bromenschenkel

www.kneebone-wedding.com

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users