OFFICIAL NOW Jade Wedding Thread

• Please log in to reply
5307 replies to this topic

#1951 LaurenMoser2B

LaurenMoser2B
  • 84 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 06:54 AM

Hi Ladies,

For those of you using paper lanterns for decoration, are you getting the LED lights? I'm not exactly sure how they will hang with the LED light in the lantern?? I also don't know if I even need the lights. My reception will be on the Terrace at night, but when I asked Deisy she said don't worry we have plenty of lighting. Not exactly sure what she means by that. 

#1952 Retro Couple

Retro Couple
    • Site Supporter
    • 25 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 08:34 AM

Originally Posted by Mlite83 

Yes I think this would fit just fine. We had 8 across for the head table and the ends of the tables weren't inline with the friends and family tables (ie there would have been room to expand the head table).  Our guest tables were 14 people at each, all side by side looking towards the middle (dance floor) so no one had their back to the dance floor or head table or speeches.  We originally thought about having guests face to face at the long tables but Pilar said we had the room to go side by side down one side of the table so we did that to help fill the space and still had plenty of room.

Here is a photo of the room from our photog (SweetFire Photography - amazing!) - straight ahead is the head table and you can see the guest tables down either side.  The middle part is the dance floor.  There was lots of room behind the guest tables too so if necessary they can be bumped out a bit to make additional space.

I love this shot by Lorie! Is that the natural colour of the bamboo room or did you guys opt for the $350 lighting package?

Chris

#1953 CassidyKristen

CassidyKristen
      • 29 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 10:43 AM

Originally Posted by LaurenMoser2B 

Can you send this to me?? My email is Laurrr586@gmail.com

This will be very helpful! Thank you!

Done! :)

#1954 khunt29

khunt29
        • 351 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 11:40 AM

Originally Posted by CassidyKristen 

Quote:
          Originally Posted by khunt29 

Oh, us too.  I've finally gotten Anthony to wrap his head around the fact that our wedding decor needs its own suitcases!  I also have a 7yr old girl, so trying to keep tabs on her in the airport will be a challenge, though we have traveled lots before.  But it's just so much to pay attention to.  Are you planning on bringing your vases in carry-on?  I better check Air Canada's regulations...we have 9 vases, plus 14 lanterns, plus, plus, plus.....haha!  What are your colours?  I might be interested in the tissue pompoms :)

Hi Kristen,
          I bought 4 vases for our bouquets but I may get the resort to provide the vases instead.. I'm still deciding. If I do bring them they will be put in our carry-ons. I was planning on using them as centrepieces. I'm having 4 long tables with 8 people at each table. I'm thinking of going to Ikea and getting a bunch of candles in a variety of styles and sizes to place on the table. I feel that candles would be much easier to travel with than vases. And since we're on the terrace I think a bunch of lit candles will look really nice once the sun goes down.

We're also on Air Canada. I'm not sure what their regulations are.. I think my travel agent said I'll have to pay for my wedding dress. I'd love to know what you find out from them.

Pompoms (

#1955 Mlite83

Mlite83
          • 384 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 05:51 PM

Originally Posted by Retro Couple 

I love this shot by Lorie! Is that the natural colour of the bamboo room or did you guys opt for the $350 lighting package?

Chris

We didn't do the lighting package since our colours were already shades of blue so the blue/turquoise on the wall worked out perfectly for us. And thanks - we are in love with all of our wedding photos - Lori does a FANTASTIC job!!

#1956 jc2488

jc2488
            • 14 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 05:55 AM

Can you also me the dimensions to me too?  My email is j.correia.88@hotmail.com  Thank you!!!

#1957 jc2488

jc2488
              • 14 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 05:59 AM

I had the exact same question for Deisy!

she informed me that the new package for 2013 does not include the Dj and they replaced it with a guitar player or vionlinist.  So the DJ you are paying for separately.

Because of this we changed are times since the reception is only 3 hours

4-5 - Ceremony

5-6 family pic

6-7 - cocktail hour

7-10 - Reception

We might pay the extra fee for the extra hour ..3 hours does not seem like enough time at all.

#1958 mic813

mic813
                • Site Supporter
                • 44 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 07:12 AM

Got back on Friday from 11 glorious days and an amazing wedding at the Now Jade.  Like all other previous brides have told you, relax and Pilar and her staff are amazing.  They take of everything and more. I plan on catching up on the thread and answering any questions I can and starting my review this afternoon.

If you have any questions please let me know.  I couldn't have planned a wedding without this thread and want to pay it forward.  No official pictures yet, but here is a candid from my friend

#1959 remykion

remykion
                  • 124 posts
                  • Wedding Date:November 1, 2013
                  • Wedding Location:Now jade
                  • LocationMexico

Posted 18 March 2013 - 08:01 AM

Originally Posted by mic813 

Got back on Friday from 11 glorious days and an amazing wedding at the Now Jade.  Like all other previous brides have told you, relax and Pilar and her staff are amazing.  They take of everything and more. I plan on catching up on the thread and answering any questions I can and starting my review this afternoon.

If you have any questions please let me know.  I couldn't have planned a wedding without this thread and want to pay it forward.  No official pictures yet, but here is a candid from my friend

Awwwww wow! you look beautiful. xxx

#1960 Michellelepore1

Michellelepore1
                  • 75 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 08:10 AM

Hi Cassidykristen! Is it possible for you to email the terrace layouts that Deisy sent you!? My email is Michelle.lepore@yahoo.com. I appreciate it!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users