Sign in to follow this  
PVBride

Last Name Issue. Time to Confront it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvt View Post
I know a guy named William Williams... and he goes by William.
Oh, that is just bad..what parent would do that??!

Quote:
Oh, side note. My girlfriend Sheri was engaged to a man who's last name was Sherry.... Sheri Sherry!!! That's much worse! lol
OMG! lol! My next door neighbor when I was little was Sheri Sherry! I remember going to her wedding when she married "Mr Sherry"! how funny!

Anyway, I just wanted to say that I agree with the rest of the girls. Your names doesn't sound funny to me and if you want to take his name then go for it! And you can totally introduce yourself to new aquaintences as Jacquelyn to help enforce that! :-)

I went to school with a Richard Head. Everyone of course called him Dick Head so about high school era he tried to change his name to Nathan. No one called him Nathan. Some parents are so cruel...or stupid if they don't think about how the names go together.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waiting_for_Sunshine View Post
I went to school with a Richard Head. Everyone of course called him Dick Head so about high school era he tried to change his name to Nathan. No one called him Nathan. Some parents are so cruel...or stupid if they don't think about how the names go together.
that's too funny!!!!

one of our friends name is Daniel Daniels..... I am not sure why his parents named him that!

Honestly I dont think it sounds weird. I think it sounds nice! And how often do you really introduce yourself by both names? Personally I say keep your first name the way it is and change your last name. I think it sounds great!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waiting_for_Sunshine View Post
OMG!!! Seriously....don't parents thinkhuh.gif??shots.gif