Jump to content

Photo

Canadian Brides!!!!!!!!!


  • Please log in to reply
3739 replies to this topic

#2001 Laurelyn

Laurelyn
  • Jr. Member
  • 215 posts

    Posted 01 February 2012 - 09:00 AM

    My experience has been they are good for the first day or two and after that turn kinda splotchy or at least on my skin but you can always scrub it off if need be.  I just started tanning last night and I know how bad it is for my skin but I didn't want to be sunburnt for my wedding or have crazy tan lines happening.  So the plan is to get a really good base and then sit in the shade at the resort until my wedding and not to look pasty white.
     

    Originally Posted by capecodder 

    Are any of you ladies getting a spray tan before you head down south?  I would go tanning but I really don't want it.  Anybody had experience with spray tans?  All I can think about with spray tans is Ross from Friends getting the spray tan and who orange he looked. Lol!! 



     



    #2002 kat2012

    kat2012
    • Member
    • 602 posts

      Posted 01 February 2012 - 02:30 PM


      That is exactly what I did. I did not want to go tanning, but I did not want to look to white or have tan lines on our wedding day.

      Originally Posted by Laurelyn 

      My experience has been they are good for the first day or two and after that turn kinda splotchy or at least on my skin but you can always scrub it off if need be.  I just started tanning last night and I know how bad it is for my skin but I didn't want to be sunburnt for my wedding or have crazy tan lines happening.  So the plan is to get a really good base and then sit in the shade at the resort until my wedding and not to look pasty white.
       



       



       



      #2003 kat2012

      kat2012
      • Member
      • 602 posts

        Posted 01 February 2012 - 02:32 PM

        I finally received my wedding album from photobook canada. I was slightly worried about it, since I had so many pictures in it and so many chances for something to go wrong. But I am impressed how nice it turned out. It is very well made and quality of pages is outstanding. They have groupon deals very often. I would highly recommend it to anyone.



        #2004 joda

        joda
        • Jr. Member
        • 205 posts

          Posted 01 February 2012 - 03:39 PM

          I have never heard of them. But if they have groupons often, I may have to check it out! Thanks Kat.
           

          Originally Posted by kat2012 

          I finally received my wedding album from photobook canada. I was slightly worried about it, since I had so many pictures in it and so many chances for something to go wrong. But I am impressed how nice it turned out. It is very well made and quality of pages is outstanding. They have groupon deals very often. I would highly recommend it to anyone.



           

           



          #2005 AD2012

          AD2012
          • Jr. Member
          • 240 posts

            Posted 01 February 2012 - 06:40 PM

            I’ve never heard of them either but checked out their website briefly and I’m definitely interested!

             

            Thanks for the tip!! 

             

            Originally Posted by kat2012 

            I finally received my wedding album from photobook canada. I was slightly worried about it, since I had so many pictures in it and so many chances for something to go wrong. But I am impressed how nice it turned out. It is very well made and quality of pages is outstanding. They have groupon deals very often. I would highly recommend it to anyone.



             



            #2006 kat2012

            kat2012
            • Member
            • 602 posts

              Posted 01 February 2012 - 07:19 PM


              It is definitely worth a try :D

              Originally Posted by joda 

              I have never heard of them. But if they have groupons often, I may have to check it out! Thanks Kat.
               



               

               



               



              Originally Posted by AD2012 

              I’ve never heard of them either but checked out their website briefly and I’m definitely interested!

               

              Thanks for the tip!! 

               



               



               



              #2007 Peach

              Peach
              • Sr. Member
              • 1,293 posts

                Posted 01 February 2012 - 09:26 PM

                I have gotten a few spray tans before, I have had 2 good experiences and one not-so good one.... 

                I would definitely do it again... but I would do a test run at the place you are looking at first.

                I will be using a tanning bed before I go. I have never used one before, but this time I will.


                 

                Originally Posted by capecodder 

                Are any of you ladies getting a spray tan before you head down south?  I would go tanning but I really don't want it.  Anybody had experience with spray tans?  All I can think about with spray tans is Ross from Friends getting the spray tan and who orange he looked. Lol!! 



                 



                #2008 capecodder

                capecodder
                • Jr. Member
                • 234 posts

                  Posted 02 February 2012 - 05:02 AM

                  Thanks for the responses about the spray tans.  I think I am going to go with the spray tan route.  I will definetly be getting a trial run before!  Fingers crossed I do not turn orange!! Lol!

                   

                  I just got my Photobook yesterday that I did of Vegas.  I was really impressed how it turned out. 



                  #2009 mizpriya

                  mizpriya
                  • Jr. Member
                  • 268 posts

                    Posted 02 February 2012 - 06:09 AM

                    Make sure it doesn't come off if you're in the pool as well. My friend did the spray tan before she left for Cuba and then she told me that she took as dip in the pool (only half her body submersed in the water) and when she came out, she was half white and half tan (the portion that wasn't in the water)! Something to do with the chemicals in the pool I'm guessing.

                     

                    Just for you to think about....
                     

                    Originally Posted by capecodder 

                    Thanks for the responses about the spray tans.  I think I am going to go with the spray tan route.  I will definetly be getting a trial run before!  Fingers crossed I do not turn orange!! Lol!

                     

                    I just got my Photobook yesterday that I did of Vegas.  I was really impressed how it turned out. 



                     



                    #2010 tesharae

                    tesharae
                    • Newbie
                    • 17 posts

                      Posted 02 February 2012 - 07:54 AM

                      Hi There!

                       

                      I'm new, planning a wedding at the Barcelo in the Mayan February 2013. Just trying to catch up on all 200 pages of this thread, when I noticed a question about spray tans. So, I am the whitest of white. I have tried EVERYTHING to get/be tanned. After trying about 20 different products (not exaggerating)...my favourite is Sally Hansen - 'Flawless Legs', comes in a can, you can get up to 6 different shades at Wal-Mart, Superstore or any drug store. Pretty expensive (at least for me!), up to $18 a pop. I usually buy a pack of three on e-bay for half the price. It lasts about 2-3 showers, does not make you orange and has a shimmery look to it. It does come off slightly on clothes, but washes right out. Also very messy, I stand on paper towels. I know it sounds like a lot of work, and it is...but its worth it. I also use it on my whole body, not just legs.

                       

                      I have recently gone for a spray tan in a stand up bed at Tan FX (Winnipeg) and its fantastic, as long as you know how to stand. The girl will demonstrate but do it once before your wedding so you see you have to bend your knees so you don't get half moons under your butt cheeks, and raise your arms high so you get sprayed under your 'chest area'! Hehe I bought a groupon recently, two spray tans for $30, regularly $35 each spray. I have seen this offered twice now.

                       

                      Hope that helps!
                       



                      Are any of you ladies getting a spray tan before you head down south?  I would go tanning but I really don't want it.  Anybody had experience with spray tans?  All I can think about with spray tans is Ross from Friends getting the spray tan and who orange he looked. Lol!! 



                       






                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users