Jump to content
torilynnsmith

Canadian Brides!!!!!!!!!

Recommended Posts

i would highly and definitely recommend the travel agent we are using. her name is Jen Jackson and she works at Lakeview Travel in St Catharines, ON. I live in Toronto, but i didnt find the distance between us to be a problem at all! Jen is amazing and very accomodating, she can do everything for you over the phone or email (i use email A LOT to communicate with jen). she is very quick to get back to you and will bend over backwards to help! she got our group a greeeeeeat deal on a 5 star resort in punta cana. so great in fact we have 70 PEOPLE coming with us :) anyways here is her info:

 

Jen Jackson

jen@lakeviewtravel.net

905 938 1200

 

let me know if you have any questions! if you choose to contact her, tell her i recommended her! 

Originally Posted by mizpriya View Post

AGGGHHHHHH!

 

HELP!

 

I came across a huge bump in the planning process. I was in the initial stages of planning with Beach Bum Vacations. CANADIAN BRIDES- DO NOT use them. Unfortunately, although the customer service was great, they do not offer a travel package. They handle the wedding planning with the resort, the rooms and transfers to and from the airport, but they do not take care of AIRFARE! Such a dealbreaker! I wouldn't recommend them for us Canadians. Now I know and it's time to get back up and move on..... sooooooo.....

 

I am now in search of a reliable Travel Agent that can help us. Can someone suggest an AWESOME, really attentive travel agent in the Greater Toronto Area? Please please please help! I really could use a hand with this one ladies :)

 

Thanks in advance!



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2 months until our wedding down in Cancun at the Gran Caribe :)

 

I live in Alberta, but am originally from P.E.I , we have about 35 people coming down to help celebrate. We are soooo excited , my finace and I will be celebrating 10 years next week ( we were high school sweethearts) .

 

Can not wait for the big day!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Congrats! I canâ€t believe how quickly time is passing!
 

Originally Posted by acornk View Post

2 months until our wedding down in Cancun at the Gran Caribe :)

 

I live in Alberta, but am originally from P.E.I , we have about 35 people coming down to help celebrate. We are soooo excited , my finace and I will be celebrating 10 years next week ( we were high school sweethearts) .

 

Can not wait for the big day!



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Thanks :)

 

A friend of mine up here in Fort McMurray just got married at your resort! She absolutely loved it!

 

Only complaint was that the hotel photographer kept getting in on her hired photographer's pictures haha .

 

Congrats and Happy Planning! :)

Originally Posted by AD2012 View Post

Congrats! I canâ€t believe how quickly time is passing!
 



 



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I had a spray tan done before Cabo and the first night there I jumped in the hot tub and it all came off  it looked terrible! haha

 

I would defiantly be careful , thank goodness it wasn't my wedding :) I am going to the tanning booth this time to prep for the wedding, the spray tan seemed like a waste of money to me :(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Oh no!!

 

My family is worried about this too, as alot of them have never been to Mexico. They already all paid in full months ago so we haven't had any issues with anyone backing out , but there are some worried people.

 

The things is there are more Canadians killing Canadians! Edmonton has the highest murder rate right now. I feel much safer in Mexico than i do in downtown Fort McMurray right now.

 

I really hope they change their mind , they do not have to leave the resort! ( Although that poor girl down in mazatlan was on her resort)

 

Good luck! Those that matter the most will go to your wedding!

Originally Posted by jenjosh2012 View Post

Hello Ladies, I am new to this site...seems like a lot of people are getting married in Jamaica! I am getting married in Mexico and invited around 80ppl....well with the combination of other vacations planned, people not being able to "afford it" and all the Canadian beatings and killings in Mexico lately, my guest list is maybe 8 :'( Anyone else have that problem?



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Have you considered taking a photographer down with you?

 

I am flying my photographer from PEI ( she is only asking for her trip to be paid for  $1300) and is willing to do a whole day of shooting plus a Trash the Dress session with me.

 

Most photographers ask for the trip paid for plus a huge fee, but I really lucked out with her :)

 

Good luck!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Welcome Bluejaye!!

Congrats on the engagement and happy planning!!

 
 

Originally Posted by Blujaye View Post

Hello to all my fellow Canadian Brides!

 

I've been lurking this site for a while now but at the time I was not yet engaged, lol! But my fiance finally proposed on Christmas, which I really didn't expect that day!

 

We'll be getting married at the Riu Ocho Rios on October 6, 2012! I'm excited and nervous all at the same time.

 

This site is amazing and I'm glad I had found it ahead of time; such a great place for resources and support, which I believe we all will need from time to time.

 

Congrats to past and soon-to-be brides!!

 

Jaye



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for your post! I totally agree, I live in Lloydminster, AB and we have had 2 or 3 drive by shootings (no deaths from it but still doesnt
 make you feel very safe) just in dec&jan. I am a woman of God and have prayed for the people that are supposed to be there to be there and trust God that it will be done! :) Feeling so good about it now! The girl in mazatlan I heard they are saying now may have been killed by a canadian that was at the resort bar claiming that he could "never return to canada"...the whole thing sounds very fishy to me. We are going to Los Cabos though, which is VERY safe to my knowledge :) Good luck with your wedding!!

 

Quote:

Originally Posted by acornk View Post


Oh no!!

 

My family is worried about this too, as alot of them have never been to Mexico. They already all paid in full months ago so we haven't had any issues with anyone backing out , but there are some worried people.

 

The things is there are more Canadians killing Canadians! Edmonton has the highest murder rate right now. I feel much safer in Mexico than i do in downtown Fort McMurray right now.

 

I really hope they change their mind , they do not have to leave the resort! ( Although that poor girl down in mazatlan was on her resort)

 

Good luck! Those that matter the most will go to your wedding!



 



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×