#2641 JaxBchKay

JaxBchKay
  • Site Supporter
  • 103 posts
  • Wedding Date:April 24, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Now Sapphire, Mexico
  • LocationJacksonville Beach, Florida

Posted 09 June 2015 - 10:34 AM

Here is my wedding video!  I highly recommend Wisteria Wedding Films - Tara and Colette were amazing and we love how this turned out! 

#2642 vancouverpetunia

vancouverpetunia
  • 670 posts
  • Wedding Date:April 7, 2016
  • Wedding Location:Now Sapphire, Riviera Maya, Mexico
  • LocationVancouver, Canada

Posted 09 June 2015 - 03:45 PM

@jeffandrobyn Really? I'll have to take another look at that. Thanks for the tip.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

- Erin

My planning thread: http://www.bestdesti...2016/?p=1893268

My Now Sapphire review: http://www.bestdesti...riviera-cancun/

#2643 DinaQtobe

DinaQtobe
  • 450 posts
  • Wedding Date:November 21, 2013
  • Wedding Location:Now Sapphire

Posted 09 June 2015 - 05:13 PM

Can anyone who had their reception on the Tequila Terrace, and did NOT hire a DJ, comment on either the resort's sound system or anything you supplied yourself? We aren't planning to get a DJ and were thinking of renting the resort's system, but it will cost a min $600USD + tax. Or I could rent this for $75: http://www.ionaudio....ker-2010-model. Anyone have any thoughts or recommendations on either route? Our guests are mainly early 30s to mid 40s, so I don't think many are looking for a night club kind of vibe. But I want to make sure we can hear the music!

We had a small wedding group.  We brought our own speakers down and played a playlist that I had created ahead of time.  We had music for the dinner and then a separate playlist for the dancing afterwards.  I am SO happy that we did this.  It saved us money (the speaker system was $125) and now we have portable bluetooth speakers that we can use any time - camping, in the backyard, parties, etc. 

#2644 vancouverpetunia

vancouverpetunia
  • 670 posts
  • Wedding Date:April 7, 2016
  • Wedding Location:Now Sapphire, Riviera Maya, Mexico
  • LocationVancouver, Canada

Posted 09 June 2015 - 09:24 PM

@jeffandrobyn How much is the rate for your DJ? The resort DJ is $350 per hour, according to the info I have, while the sound system is $150 per hour. Thanks! 

@DinaQtobe How small was your group? Ours will be around 35-40. I assume from your post that you found the sound from your speakers to be more than sufficient - even given the ocean/wind/other nearby events? 

- Erin

My planning thread: http://www.bestdesti...2016/?p=1893268

My Now Sapphire review: http://www.bestdesti...riviera-cancun/

#2645 DinaQtobe

DinaQtobe
  • 450 posts

Posted 10 June 2015 - 04:34 PM

@jeffandrobyn How much is the rate for your DJ? The resort DJ is $350 per hour, according to the info I have, while the sound system is $150 per hour. Thanks! 

@DinaQtobe How small was your group? Ours will be around 35-40. I assume from your post that you found the sound from your speakers to be more than sufficient - even given the ocean/wind/other nearby events? 

We had 19 people including the two of us.  The speaker system was great, and we could hear it over the wind, ocean and all.  We also brought the speaker system to the disco before it opened and listened to our music in there for a little bit also.  I am so happy that we saved that money, and now we have speakers for use at home.

#2646 jeffandrobyn

jeffandrobyn
  • 227 posts
  • Wedding Date:July 12, 2015

Posted 11 June 2015 - 08:35 AM

@lornj29 I think it is perishable items like fruit that you have to be concerned with. We are taking bags of candy with us.

#2647 KRP87

KRP87
  • 36 posts
  • Wedding Date:July 29, 2015

Posted 11 June 2015 - 11:21 AM

@DinaQtobe

What kind of speaker did you buy?

#2648 jeffandrobyn

jeffandrobyn
  • 227 posts

Posted 12 June 2015 - 06:40 AM

@DinaQtobe We are paying $600 for the DJ. But I forgot about the vendor fee which is $300 that the resort charges. So $900 total. Still cheaper than the resort's DJ though. 

#2649 jeffandrobyn

jeffandrobyn
  • 227 posts

Posted 12 June 2015 - 09:49 AM

What order are you doing things at your reception? For example dinner first, then party or dancing mixed in between courses? something else? With only 3 hours, I feel like I really have to be productive with my time. Juan Carlos suggested all of the meal upfront and then all dancing (besides first dance) afterwards, but I feel like that will then take forever until guests can actually do anything. Here's what we were thinking:

Entrance

First Dance

Two dance songs for everyone

Serve appetizer

father/daughter dance

Serve salad

mother/son dance 

toast

Serve dinner

cake cutting 

dancing 

#2650 DinaQtobe

DinaQtobe
  • 450 posts

Posted 17 June 2015 - 04:23 AM

@DinaQtobe

What kind of speaker did you buy?

We bought a bluetooth wireless speaker system from Costco.  They had a few at the time but we bought the JBL! system - it was about $125.  A friend of mine used a Bose system for her wedding at Moon Palace and she was very happy also.  Her party was larger, I think around 30 people.  We use it now for parties, camping, when we are outside, etc.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users