Photo

Now Sapphire Weddings Formerly Paradisus Riviera

• Please log in to reply
2806 replies to this topic

#171 ps31

ps31
  • 54 posts

Posted 12 December 2011 - 05:49 PM

thanks Sarah. I like the sound of that, I'll just let them do it:)  Thanks for all your other helpful information!

#172 AmyG

AmyG
    • 189 posts

Posted 13 December 2011 - 05:12 PM

Thank you for all this information.  I feel like me and a few other brides on here have weddings there at the beginning of 2012 so they are fast approaching....all of this feedback is so helpful and appreciated!!!    :-)

Originally Posted by 82turtles 

Hi Jeunesse,

Picking the menu was hard, because the descriptions weren't necessarily easy to understand! Here's what we used for our menu (Eternity package):

Cocktail hour apps -

1. Goat cheese mousse and sundried tomatoes
      2. Prosciutto ham bruschetta
      3. Mini cordon bleu
      4. Ginger scented cr¨me brulee

The mini cordon bleu and creme brulee bites were sooo good! The proscuitto ham bruschetta was also good, and while the goat cheese mousse was okay, it wasn't my favorite.

Dinner:

1. Appetizer or Salad: Spinach salad with goat cheese, roasted apples and walnut confit, mustard dressing
      2. Soup: Mushroom & squash blossom soup with parmesan cheese
      3. Entr©e: Chicken supreme, spicy almond sauce, fettuccini and saut©ed vegetables
      4. Desert: Strawberry cheesecake

Everything was just amazing. Like almostmarried said -- the wedding meal was the best meal of the whole stay (and we didn't have a bad meal at all in our 10 nights). The spinach salad just wasn't what I was had expected based on the description -- was more a leaf or two of spinach with the roasted apple on top of it and the walnuts and dressing drizzled on top, but tasted wonderful.

Cake: Tres leches

Everyone loved the cake, no complaints there at all, just wish we weren't so full by that point, and had room to eat more of it!

Think it was already answered, but the standard/base decoration are white covered chairs. They look fine that way on their own, but I did add a colored chair bow since I thought it could use some color.

As for music, I think they probably have some stuff you could borrow, but we just loaded up an iPod with 4 different ceremony playlists:

1. Guests seating (8 songs) - but i have no idea how many of those they actually made it through

2. Groomsmen and bridesmaid entrances (1 song)

3. Bride's entrance (1 song)

4. Recessional as we walk out and as guests leave (2 songs)

We went with classical sounding type music versions of popular songs. Vitamin String Quartet if you want to look it up on iTunes or something (we picked "Smells Like Teen Spirit" for the guys & girls entrance, "I'm Yours" for my bridal entrance, and "Don't Stop Believing" and "Orinoco Flow" for the recessional). Just some fun songs, but they sounded very nice as instrumentals!

Hope this helps. Sorry I haven't had time to do my review yet.. between two AHR's, Thanksgiving, and trying to get ready for Christmas I just haven't had time!! Feel free to ask any question though, I would love to help out! And I know it sounds cliche and everyone says it, but just try to relax and not be stressed about it. They really do know what they are doing and do an absolutely AMAZING job of it!!

thanks,
      Sarah

#173 82turtles

82turtles
      • 297 posts

Posted 14 December 2011 - 12:15 PM

Yes, time really does go by quickly, and before you know it you'll be on your way to Mexico to get married!!!

Thank you for all this information.  I feel like me and a few other brides on here have weddings there at the beginning of 2012 so they are fast approaching....all of this feedback is so helpful and appreciated!!!    :-)

#174 babestaaa

babestaaa
        • 212 posts

Posted 15 December 2011 - 01:24 PM

Your pictures are great! Do you know the name of your photographer? I've finalized 70% of the wedding in regards to location, DJ, photographer, and additional event coordinator which I went with Denise Courtney from Eventos Euforia. I am beyond excited, in a nutshell, lots of black magic roses, cigar roller, fireworks! Now I just hope my photographer snaps photo's of all the lil details. Almost 7 months to go.. eee!

#175 Vanessa56

Vanessa56
          • 72 posts

Posted 17 December 2011 - 03:33 AM

82turtles and almost married....thank you so much for all of the information!

#176 Molly57

Molly57
            • 7 posts

Posted 17 December 2011 - 07:21 PM

IMG_3148.JPGIMG_3149.JPGIMG_3150.JPGIMG_3162.JPGIMG_3165.jpgIMG_3168.JPGIMG_3174.JPGIMG_3178.JPG

These are some pictures I promised I would post of some of the resort and wedding setups I saw when I was there on my site inspection trip.

#177 Keine Dennis

Keine Dennis
              • 43 posts

Posted 23 December 2011 - 02:07 PM

I just posted another 59 pictures of this property in my profile, they should come up on the image Gallery under Now Sapphire, there is pictures of the rooms, ballroom ( plan B - but it's not allowed to rain on your day! so you wont need it!! :) ), some of the pool Gazebo and the other Gazebo (#3) they have one more, :) other than the pool and beach one... enjoy the pics, feel free to ask any questions :)

NOTE: The Pool Gazebo has a swim up bar behind it, if it's a busy time it could be noisy or lots on viewers....:(
                Petal Keine

Merry Christmas, your wedding year is almost here!!!!!! :)

I love destination weddings!

#178 AmyG

AmyG
                • 189 posts

Posted 02 January 2012 - 03:59 PM

Thanks for posting the pics Petal Keine!!!

How's everyone doing these days now with the holiday out of the way??   I'm feeling a litle nervous with less then than 75 days to go.   :-/

#179 kmm8984

kmm8984
                  • 22 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 07:42 AM

thanks for the info on the menu 82turtles! my wedding is February 18th and that's one thing i'm having a hard time deciding on, espeically since you can only pick one entree

#180 Vanessa56

Vanessa56
                    • 72 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 09:45 AM

Amy - you are sooner than I am, but I am feeling the same way. Have you had any contact with the resort? Other than reserving my date, I have not spoken to them at all.

Quote:

Originally Posted by AmyG 

Thanks for posting the pics Petal Keine!!!

How's everyone doing these days now with the holiday out of the way??   I'm feeling a litle nervous with less then than 75 days to go.   :-/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users