26 replies to this topic

#11 JayKay

JayKay
  • 3,472 posts
  • Wedding Date:January 13, 2012
  • Wedding Location:Gran Bahia Principe Runaway Bay Jamaica
  • LocationSouthern Alberta

Posted 14 April 2011 - 03:37 PM

I had considered getting a fake one and I just might.  I think its a great idea!

#12 ohaske

ohaske
  • 163 posts

Posted 14 April 2011 - 05:40 PM

I didn't think about this but it is a good idea. I have a emerald for an engagement ring so it may be hard to find something that matches it perfectly but it is worth it

#13 harkatea

harkatea
    • 161 posts

Posted 14 April 2011 - 05:47 PM

I have one of those.  We're moving soon to the middle east, so I had to make sure that I had spares just incase!  It would especially be tragic before the wedding.

#14 sharlie

sharlie
      • 261 posts

Posted 14 April 2011 - 08:47 PM

good idea...I never thought of this but I want my ring to be bright and polished for our big day too

Negril, Jamaica
        6/29/11
        24 booked =)
        Can't wait til the big day!

#15 daizyduke

daizyduke
        • 230 posts

Posted 01 May 2011 - 06:49 PM

I do the same thing when I travel.  Not worth the risk.  This way if someone wants it, you are happy to hand it over.

#16 deauna

deauna
          • Site Supporter
          • 5 posts

Posted 02 May 2011 - 12:02 PM

I got a fake e-ring to wear last time I went on vacay - I wore the fake one when I went into the ocean and the real one the rest of the time.  I have insurance, so I wasn't really worried, but I just thought that the chance of me losing it in the ocean was too great. 

My real ring is about one carat - find a fake ring that is "only" one carat is tough - it seems like if you're buying a fake ring, you go all out!

I did just find this one at JCPenney - http://www5.jcpenney...tId=70737|70847 that looks pretty similar to my real ring, so I'm getting this for the wedding trip.  I'm also getting one of their faux eternity bands for the honeymoon.

#17 ellenj01

ellenj01
            • 161 posts

Posted 09 May 2011 - 04:27 PM

I never thought of that!  I guess it would be a good idea...I'm always afraid I'm going to lose it as it is!

#18 aahq45

aahq45
              • 179 posts

Posted 09 May 2011 - 04:35 PM

Definitely a good idea!!  My friend's husband recently lost his ring playing pool volleyball in Mexico!  You can never be too careful!!  I want to get one also, but really want the real one for the pictures!?  Are you going to take the real one at all, or just leave it at home?

#19 starrysim

starrysim
                • 349 posts

Posted 10 May 2011 - 04:57 PM

I would be more scared of losing it if I take it off at the resort.  Do you plan on keeping it in the safe?  Even so, I think it's safest (pardon the pun) on my finger :)  But mine doesn't fit loosely, so I don't think it would ever come off on its own.  And I figure that if I get some sand or sunscreen on it, I might just take a bit of jewelery cleaning solution with me, to sparkle it up for the big day.  I think I would buy a fake one to wear on other vacations, when I can leave the real one safely at home (in the care of my mother or something).

11.16.11 -Iberostar Rose Hall Beach, Montego Bay, Jamaica

#20 starrysim

starrysim
                  • 349 posts

Posted 10 May 2011 - 04:57 PM

But I will definitely go and check out ebay for a replica, just for fun :)

11.16.11 -Iberostar Rose Hall Beach, Montego Bay, Jamaica

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users