• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#1 angel366

angel366
  • 90 posts

Posted 12 April 2011 - 12:48 PM

just bought one!!!! its this one:

http://cgi.ebay.com/...333965460341915

i kept debating whether or not to buy one. i'm not so concerned with someone stealing my real e-ring if i was wearing it around mexico-i'm WAY more concerned about losing it!!!  it fits a bit loose on me (i like my rings looser as i tend to swell up easily) and i am someone who takes it off whenever i put on lotion. i can totally see me taking it off on the beach to re-apply sunscreen and misplace it. or have it fall off while i'm taking a dip in the ocean. no thank you!!!! also--cholrine is bad for white gold. so i bought a fake to wear during the day :) i'll just throw back on my real ring when we are done with the beach for the day.

anyone else thought of doing this?

#2 MJB3172012

MJB3172012
    • Site Supporter
    • 64 posts

Posted 12 April 2011 - 02:20 PM

My FSIL has a fake engagement ring/wedding band that she always wears when she travels.  Not a bad idea if you're concerned about it.

March 17, 2012
      Iberostar Bavaro
      Punta Cana, Dominican Republic
      Bride and Groom + 44 guests booked!

#3 angel366

angel366
      • 90 posts

Posted 13 April 2011 - 05:34 AM

thats what i figured!  any other fake e-ring wearers?

#4 bmadzia1

bmadzia1
        • 355 posts

Posted 13 April 2011 - 05:41 AM

I don''t, but I have a friend who does most of the time, including clubs etc in Canada.  I don't think there is anything wrong with it. She only wears her real one around the house and to special occasions.

#5 meows

meows
          • 25 posts

Posted 13 April 2011 - 11:41 AM

I wear a fake wedding band when I travel to eastern europe and asia. :) Mostly because there is no such thing there as "engagement ring" and wedding ring is worn on the right hand instead of left. But i wear both rings then (right and left hand), so I'm not sure that counts.

#6 Tennyt1

Tennyt1
            • 1,131 posts

Posted 13 April 2011 - 01:16 PM

I am looking into getting a fake set also for the same reason.  And we have a few get-a-ways planned.

http://dwdf.daisypath.com/e8thm5.png

~April 2, 2011 ~ Sandals Grand Ocho Rios ~
              ~52 Guest booked plus the Bride & Groom~

#7 aaronlori

aaronlori
              • 159 posts

Posted 13 April 2011 - 01:41 PM

That's probably a smart idea. Not sure I want to be wearing my ring down south with all the sunscreen, sand, etc. Must go have a look on ebay for a fake version of my ring.

#8 kim0806

kim0806
                • 170 posts

Posted 14 April 2011 - 10:05 AM

I hadn't thought about that, it's a really good idea though!  I might get one to wear leading up to the wedding day and then wear my real one during the ceremony and pics.  That way I can get it cleaned before I leave and it will be all sparkly and clean for pictures :) 

#9 angel366

angel366
                  • 90 posts

Posted 14 April 2011 - 10:30 AM

my fake doesn't look like my real ring too which i think is kind of fun. my real ring is beautiful and i love it, but i told FI that im getting a HUGE rock for my fake ring just for fun :)

#10 aaronlori

aaronlori
                    • 159 posts

Posted 14 April 2011 - 11:25 AM

That's a good sugestion too. I might be using my engagement ring as my wedding ring so it would be nice to have the real thing for the day of the wedding.

Originally Posted by kim0806 

I hadn't thought about that, it's a really good idea though!  I might get one to wear leading up to the wedding day and then wear my real one during the ceremony and pics.  That way I can get it cleaned before I leave and it will be all sparkly and clean for pictures :) 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users